• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shroud of the Condemned

S

Slim29

FYI - I just logged onto to Origin after the new publish. Tyball's Shadow was made much more difficult and no longer drops the Shroud at a rate like before. I killed 7 of them in a row and no Shroud to speak of. Not sure what the new drop rate is, but I did notice that Tyball's Shadow will spawn on average of about every 3 min now. If you hoarded like I did in the first few days -- conrats :).

Y

Yalp

No I didn't hoard.. I got my toons access then I got out of there so others could get their access as well.. although some people were pretty selfish the first few days, most of Baja is pretty polite.

S

Slim29

Hoarding on Origin wasn't so bad. There were so few players in the first couple days that most of the time the room was bare. Anyone on our shard that needed to finish the quest was able to do so. I understand this was much harder on the other shards.

S

Slim29

Update!!! After killing about 20 of Tyball's Shadow, I finally got another shroud. So the new ones have about 20 times the number of hit points of the original and you have to kill at least 20 of them on average to get a shroud. Hope this helps.

K

Kiminality

So, now people who want one of the robes are going to have to camp, rather than the camping just being done by people who want multiples.

G

guum

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a really dumb fix? This essentially rewards those who camped while penalizing those who didn't or couldn't. And I say this as someone who did do some camping -- I have 7 of the shrouds in my secures.

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More interesting is how my treasure hunter or miner could get to ter-mur in "legal" way?
They couldn't kill that guy with explosions after that fix...

K

kaldera4

More interesting is how my treasure hunter or miner could get to ter-mur in "legal" way?
They couldn't kill that guy with explosions after that fix...
did you hear of Recall Runes yet?

K

Kiminality

So, now people who want one of the robes are going to have to camp, rather than the camping just being done by people who want multiples.
Cant please everyone :thumbup:
Just doesn't sit right with me...
As it stood, the guy was being camped by those that wanted multiples.
As it will/does stand, he'll be camped by those that want multiples, and those that want just one (assuming the low drop rate is accurate)

Add to that the aforementioned being unable to kill him practically with potions...

It just doesn't feel like much of a fix, to me.

W

wee papa smurf

As it will/does stand, he'll be camped by those that want multiples, and those that want just one (assuming the low drop rate is accurate)

Add to that the aforementioned being unable to kill him practically with potions...

Oh i agree, i just mean some people are happy that he is easy to kill and they can farm as many robes as they can, but then others will be happy he is harder to kill and drops the robe less. But i tried this on Europa, killed him 3 times got the robe each time, and he died in 3 shots with AI so imo hes not even changed.
I dont think there ever will be a happy medium with this guy :thumbup:

G

guum

Yeah, at this point, it feels like it actually will make the situation worse.

If it had been left alone: fairly soon, everyone who wanted a shroud would have one. They wouldn't be worth anything, and therefore, not worth camping. New people who wanted a robe could get one easily (or cheaply) enough, and the quest would be easy enough to finish.

With this fix: the price for the shroud will stabilize (probably at around 500k each) -- high enough, given the still relatively small effort involved, for him to become a focus of camping. Those who need to finish the quest will be able to do so, presumably, but they would have anyway. Those who don't have shrouds will either have to pay 500k for them (easy enough for some of us, but less so for newcomers and casuals) or fight the campers at the spot which will now be perma-camped. Those who spent the better part of the last week camping the spot, on the other hand, will be rewarded for doing so by the stabilization of the shroud's price.

So yeah, this fix ain't one. If it had been left alone, it would have been self-correcting eventually, but now the problem will just be perpetuated.

Y

Yalp

agreed.. the best fix would have been once per toon... instituted right when SA launched.... this continues to reward campers.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Whats the big deal.
I just bought a robe yesterday for 700k. Never went to tyball.
I basically sold abysmal cloth for 1 million and swapped it for the cloak.

I get farming sucks. You think the guy that has 50 of them is going to be able to sell them now for 700k even with the decrease in rate. Nah.

People wont buy them and they will fall in price to 500k. Now you might say thats a lot. 500k x 50 robes hoarded or 25 million.

Nope, youd have to sell them. Now if they started out rare and werent hoarded youd get 3,4,5 million a robe.

See the hoarders kill their own market. Oh my point, if they were harder to get you get more per pop. Selling is easier. Remember if someone has 50 they need 50 buyers.

Watery logic I know but the truth is in it. Im selling abysmal cloth and seeds of life for much more then these robes are worth. Think about it.

The funny thing about hording is it kills the price when they are easy to get. As you add more to your hoarded stuck, you lose money.

G

guum

Watery logic I know but the truth is in it. Im selling abysmal cloth and seeds of life for much more then these robes are worth. Think about it.
What is a seed of life? Haven't found that one yet. Do you mean seed of renewal?

R

RavenWinterHawk

What is a seed of life? Haven't found that one yet. Do you mean seed of renewal?
Well probably
Its the white seed that drops on the rat spawn.
The imbuing ingredient.

K

Kiminality

did you hear of Recall Runes yet?
Didn't you saw "legal" word in my post?
I think the point is that getting to Ter Mur without going through the abyss, or even touching the connecting dungeon, isn't really not legal.

If you're talking about "by the book" without using short cuts, then I guess I can by that, but imposing such limitations on your activities will ultimately diminish your returns.

Y

Yen Sid

Whats the big deal.
I just bought a robe yesterday for 700k. Never went to tyball.
I basically sold abysmal cloth for 1 million and swapped it for the cloak.

I get farming sucks. You think the guy that has 50 of them is going to be able to sell them now for 700k even with the decrease in rate. Nah.

People wont buy them and they will fall in price to 500k. Now you might say thats a lot. 500k x 50 robes hoarded or 25 million.

Nope, youd have to sell them. Now if they started out rare and werent hoarded youd get 3,4,5 million a robe.

See the hoarders kill their own market. Oh my point, if they were harder to get you get more per pop. Selling is easier. Remember if someone has 50 they need 50 buyers.

The funny thing about hording is it kills the price when they are easy to get. As you add more to your hoarded stuck, you lose money.
I sold 5 @ 3mil within the first few days. Then they stopped selling. I think now that they aren't dropping as often and Tyball is harder to kill they will start selling again. I play on Origin btw, I have about 20 left. Everytime I went into the Abyss I would swing by and see if Tyball was still alive and if nobody was there I would kill him. So when people forget about the robes I will start selling again. Until then, hoard away. :thumbsup:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Where the heck is Tyball anyway?

Robes are 700k on atlantic right now.

To bad you cant cut them into cloth.