• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shoutcast Query

G

Hi im very new to EA-Land

And i was wondering regarding custom content if theres a way i can stream my music into the game for all to hear e.g using shoutcast if there is can you please tell me how or point me in right direction.

Thanks in advance

Batman

G

I remember during the Beta days they use to be able to stream music through the radio's in game but that changed due to baudwith, most of the radio stations in game just broadcast there link in there house bio and then let people choose!

N

nobuttkisser

The OLD way it use to be done was to pull the .mp3 files out of the folder that had music, then replace your music in those files (strong suggestion, save your .mp3 game music file just in case it is coded differently).

SL has -- in their game setup a data "field" where you can actually put in a url or IP addy i.e http://www.live365.com/miracle_works?play then when ANYONE crosses or enter your "property" they are (depending on if they have music set to "on"), INSTANTLY treated whatever music you are broadcasting at the moment.

N

Noddy Bond

Considering the majority of us are now on cable and DSL lines they could actually bring back the music through the radios if they wanted (guessing it would need to be coded again)
and anyone who has a 56K modem tough really should not live in the stone age and come join the rest heh (that was a joke btw)
but ideally there would be an option that could be set prior to entering a lot to have shoutcast streams enabled or not, so those on the slower connections (the stone age people) would be able to select if they want to hear shoutcast or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Considering the majority of us are now on cable and DSL lines they could actually bring back the music through the radios if they wanted (guessing it would need to be coded again)
and anyone who has a 56K modem tough really should not live in the stone age and come join the rest heh (that was a joke btw)
but ideally there would be an option that could be set prior to entering a lot to have shoutcast streams enabled or not, so those on the slower connections (the stone age people) would be able to select if they want to hear shoutcast or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree now, The Radio's should have the option to stream music again from Radio stations on the net. When the Beta Test happened, it was to see how much Baudwith it would take to run that. I don't think the final results were good as they took them out of the radio's. We would have to wait for a Dev to tell us?