• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should they increase the minimum to cast NF from 0 to 60?

A

Agustus

This spell is very powerful, and are abused by those without SW.

60 SW = 50%
70 SW = 60%
80 SW = 70%
90 SW = 80%
100 SW = 90% + 10% bonus at gm = 100% to cast NF

A

Amity of Trinsic

Given the skill ranges required for summoning pixies and for Dryad Allure, I think 60 is a bit steep without having to rework the values for the whole line of spells.

Since I've never seen any +spellweaving item, perhaps a requirement of 20.1 should be sufficient to keep people from abusing JOAT bonus but still allow someone who is in the process of training SW but not there yet to benefit.

A

Agustus

If NFs can take down a lesser hiryu, then somethings wrong for it to be a low level spell.

D

Doenut

Hell a steady flow of NF's can take down an Ancient Wyrm they need to revamp this.

M

mjolnir131

they can't the do make a good speed bump for a lesser though with an archer

but that is basically all NF is good for speed bump

S

Smakkatron Jones

<blockquote><hr>

Hell a steady flow of NF's can take down an Ancient Wyrm they need to revamp this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true that fury's can take down alot of good size critters alone. *But* there are reasons we don't see hundreads low skill weavers 'abusing' this spell day in and day out- it's simply not practicle to do so, even at _zero_ skill.

Reasons being: Sure it can be cast at zero skill, but still fizzles alot. Usefull yes, reliable for tough monsters- no.

2. Even with a decent amount of skill, roughly 35 or so, the spell casts fairly consistantly, but does not have much duration at all, and therefore swarms of them are needed, costing huge ammounts of mana. Any character that has the kind of mana supply needed to chuck enough fury's to take down any sort of reasonably powerful critter, has plenty of other means of slaying the same target, I can assure you.

So in short, I do not see where any sort of balance issue is created by this spell. After all it's been in the game since ML came out, and none of the shards are running amok due to neophyte skill weavers rampaging NF everywheres we go. Besides a handfull of warriors, archers, and tamers, who like a little extra help while fighting, only true caster types / templates with 60 or higher weave and loads of mana even use the spell very often.

In addition, it's nice to have skill in the game that can be useful at low skill levels (sometimes we need to stick those extra character points somewheres
). After all, several other skills have very useful low level spells like chivalry, and necromancy, so I don't see any reason to adjust the skill at all.

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true that fury's can take down alot of good size critters alone. *But* there are reasons we don't see hundreads low skill weavers 'abusing' this spell day in and day out- it's simply not practicle to do so, even at _zero_ skill.

Reasons being: Sure it can be cast at zero skill, but still fizzles alot. Usefull yes, reliable for tough monsters- no.

2. Even with a decent amount of skill, roughly 35 or so, the spell casts fairly consistantly, but does not have much duration at all, and therefore swarms of them are needed, costing huge ammounts of mana. Any character that has the kind of mana supply needed to chuck enough fury's to take down any sort of reasonably powerful critter, has plenty of other means of slaying the same target, I can assure you.

So in short, I do not see where any sort of balance issue is created by this spell. After all it's been in the game since ML came out, and none of the shards are running amok due to neophyte skill weavers rampaging NF everywheres we go. Besides a handfull of warriors, archers, and tamers, who like a little extra help while fighting, only true caster types / templates with 60 or higher weave and loads of mana even use the spell very often.

In addition, it's nice to have skill in the game that can be useful at low skill levels (sometimes we need to stick those extra character points somewheres
). After all, several other skills have very useful low level spells like chivalry, and necromancy, so I don't see any reason to adjust the skill at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I use SW as my primary skill most of the time, NF at a low skill level is much less powerfull due to a short lifespan. Necro and Chiv both are usefull at less than GM levels as well.

In addition, this is a skill that requires a quest and some real in game work to be able to even use or begin training. The mana usage for them to tackle a large mob taxes elder stoics with mana regen gear and 145 base mana!

Using this spell alone to kill a mob, especialy in larger cases, is not the most mana efficient way to do things.