• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Should These EM Items Stay or be Removed?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the Royal Council meeting on August 17th, a person on behalf of a citizen of Yew, requested that a vile, smelly odor coming from a sheep pen in Yew be investigated. As Governor of Yew, the King tasked me with the responsibility of determining the source of the odor and provide a recommendation on what course of action should be taken.

In my investigation, I found 3 corps burned beyond recognition in a state of decay. The 3 corps are: a Charred Ragged Corpse, a Slagged Meat Pile, and a Blown Apart Sheep. Further investigation on several randomly selected shards revealed that these 3 items are unique to Chesapeake, and don’t exist anywhere else. It was further determined that these items are from a previous event in the early years of Chesapeake prior to swamps covering a vast portion of Yew.

In my report to the King, I need the help of the citizens of Chesapeake on their feelings about the 3 items in question. Should I recommend that these 3 items be removed, or should I recommend that they be preserved as part of the rich history of Chesapeake.

My findings and recommendation based on your voting will be handed to the King at the September Royal Council meeting.

Voting and Results: Should These EM Items Stay or be Removed? - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

Thank You,

James, Governor of Yew

Yew Sheep Pen.jpg

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nawt shur y eberywun needz ta git rid ub any dekorashun datz still aroun frum long ugo. Mite az well delete eberything so ebery shard iz da same. Diz iz y wez cant hab nize tingz. Ta b honezt mez nawt eben shur y yooz wood bring diz ub.

Last edited:

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
To be up front, I am the Yew citizen who made this request, and I just want to add my thoughts before things go any further.

First, everyone should know that my request was primarily for the sake of roleplaying at the Governor's meeting, and not something that needed to be voted on by the whole shard. I was not expecting the immediate removal of these decorations, thinking Governor James would have little control over items placed by the developers or EMs. But the playing out of investigating who or what has been leaving behind mangled sheep in Yew might have been fun for a while, regardless of the actual outcome. It seemed a natural request for my character to make since she is a citizen of that city, and well...it is kind of gross to have something like that just outside your front door!

Second, I am not sure how it was determined that these decorations were leftovers from the early days of Yew. I built my house when I returned to UO in 2019 and have visited the pen regularly ever since, collecting wool for my tailor and using the stable. I can tell you that those decorations were NOT there when I moved in. They are a much more recent edition...maybe something added during the last Halloween event? It is possible that they were also there years ago, but were subsequently removed and placed again at a later date. Maybe knowing this will change the conversation, because it means these are not necessarily a historical element in need of preservation.

Morganne/Adelin