• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should the Wintermoor Towers stay Towers or be Customized?

Should the Wintermoor Towers be customized?

• Only one, leave one tower

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am considering renovating and reopening the famed Witnermoor towers on the south tip of Ice Island Felucca. But I don't know if I should turn them into customizable plots. It would certainly help more with the decoration. But there is something nice about keeping them in their original form.

Here is a poll to help me decide what to do.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep them as they were, they are unique and true to what they used to be, and with a little decor, can look quite nice.

T

Tazar

Atlantic Unites!!! Who'd have ever thought this many of us (8 at this point) could all agree??? rofl

I am in commercial real-estate, and while redevelopment and revitalization of old properties is good, nothing compares to a structure with some substance and history to it... :)

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Link no longer wants to hold the houses, I'd gladly put up two accounts on different cards aside from my main account & Hold the houses! :eek:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I will keep it the way it is. It would be a pain trying to explain to a GM what a blessing is anyway and why I need it moved.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

It was my understanding that the houses were in IDOC status and that the IDOC status suddenly changed to "..Owned by Link." Why is this? This does not seem to be, in any way, shape or form, fair.

If it's an IDOC, then it's up-for-grabs. I don't think that these locations should have been transfered to anyone, especially Link.

Please explain to us how you acquired these locations, Link. The Atlantic Community demands a response! In one of your posts on YOUR UO Atlantic Forum, you wrote that you "convinced" EA to transfer the houses to you, as they were part of the Shard's "history." I find the implications of that statement to be highly disturbing, on many levels -- and it raises some very interesting
questions, indeed.

Perhaps a better poll for the thread would have been "Should Link have been Given these items?"

We will be watching you closely, Link.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

You didn't answer the question, Link. Again: How did you come to acquire these items and the houses when they were in IDOC status and about to fall? What did you mean when you posted on your own UO Atlantic forums that you "...convinced EA to give you the houses"?

Your silence only confirms our suspicions.

***Please note Link's avoidance to the question***

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't answer the question, Link. Again: How did you come to acquire these items and the houses when they were in IDOC status and about to fall? What did you mean when you posted on your own UO Atlantic forums that you "...convinced EA to give you the houses"?

Your silence only confirms our suspicions.

***Please note Link's avoidance to the question***
**copied my reply from another post since i didnt notice this post till now**

I had sometime today to log on the forums to see what is new and i am appaled at the fits some of you are throwing and aparently dont have a clue about.

I seen none of you get up in arms when the Wintermore collection was sieged and write up a storm to EA...

If you have any clue abbout IDOC houses then you KNOW that static items will eather drop with the house and or will stay as static on the ground to only block houseplacement .

I am glad Link went went through all the trouble he did to get them back.

And no i am no HOT fan, i dont care for pvp nor the trashtalking and the childish behavior of some of them... but it seems the same in all of the big pvp guilds and who am i to judge other peoples playstyle....

Yup have had run ins with not so nice HOT members at IDOC houses and i am pretty sure i paged on some before...but i would have done the same with any other player...
I know at least 2 very sweet guy/girl in HOT and when it comes to Link ...respect buddy.

As far as i know Xanthar gave Link the towers last year when his collection was confiscated...since he no longer had any use for them.

He has done an amazing Job with UO guide, he works relenlesly with EA to get pvp fixed, he runs a big forum that needs a WHOLE LOT of moderation and still has no problem answering my stupid questions when i do bug him once in a while.

i do agree he could be less grumpy thou...

A

AmanitaMuscaria

(NOTE: This is my last post on this subject. I'm not posting anything against the player; it's all about the situation in general. We are discussing the events here, not the character of the person himself.)

He posted in his own words on his OWN forum that he "...convinced EA to let him have the towers," to preserve history or something to that effect.

I never heard anything about the owner of the towers giving them to him. Yeah he does a 'lot' for the community, but that doesn't entitle him to special treatment in game.

People think I have it out for him or something -- I don't. I just wanted to make everyone aware of what had happened, as I barely knew about it, but from the little I knew it sounded very shady.

I mean the guy pretty much said in the previous post at one point that he simply acquired "empty towers" (read it) and then later admits they are full of rare and server birth items. He tries to get this "poor is me; look at all the good I'm doing" thing going, but it falls short when we hear about those 4+ 2-Story Statues on the roof. It doesn't mater if it's static or not -- he still has a house full of these items. And he admits as well that the GMs will (can) unlock items for him if he pages them. (You can read that as well.)

Clearly, there was some attempt of the player's part to mitigate the situation. Why is that?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i remember him telling me last year after the Collection was confescated that Xanthar gave him the Towers...ever think he ment that he gets to keep them as if they have blessings and are not suppose to be sold.

I am sure it all went by good...next time you wanna throw a fit how about help restoring an old place after it got hacked...like some of the really great people in the comunity or actually caring bout the history and not just OMG someone may have gotten free rares and i didnt.....

and it sure the hell dont matter whats in the towers, cause one GM may unlock it another will delete it ...ask one of the other shards that just had all of the static blessings deleted by a GM i think it was LS.

there is nothing shady if you are informed....and i dont think he needs to inform anyone more then he did allready

A

AmanitaMuscaria

But he himself admitted that EA gave him the locations (and/or items) after he "convinced" them to do so. (You can look that up and see his original post.)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My only points were that:

1) he tried to tell us they were empty when they are not
2) he stated that he "...convinced EA to give him the locations"
3) it went from IDOC to owned by [player's name] suddenly

It all just added up to one big, shady mess. He was a great sport and answered questions and it's all over now. Everything has been posted for the community to read and digest and they can make up their own minds.

I look forward to walking through the Towers when he decides to reopen them.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything has been posted for the community to read and digest and they can make up their own minds.
What needs to be decided? You just made a bunch of stuff up and tried to cause trouble. This is exactly the same thing as you tried to pull in HOT. But we kicked you out and now you have been seeking revenge ever since.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

What did I make up? You said that you convinced EA to give them to you and that they offered to bag up the items... you said that yourself on the boards, dude. That's been quoted and many people have read that statement on your HOT boards.

No BS, man, I'm really not sure what I 'made up' here... tell me in a PM if you don't want to continue this in public, but I didn't make anything up -- I was just questioning statements that you made. That was the point of all this.

It seems to me like when you read through it all, you first say that you were given the items/towers, then say you were joking about all that and that they are just empty locations, then you go on to admit they are littered with rares. The logic is just all over the place.

That's all verifiable information that can be looked up by anyone who wants to review the thread here or on your boards... I fail to see the fictional aspects of any of this...

(**This thread is not about you, but the situation. You're just the one who happened to make those statements on your own boards that ignited this. You can think it's all over the fact that I'm no longer part of HOT, but it's not. I would have inquired about this had it been anyone at all. Get over yourself.)

T

Tazar

Sadly, the personal attacks and unsubstantiated accusations have moved from one thread to another...

Sorry to the OP for having to lock the thread, but I think the sampling so far is a pretty clear indication of how the vote goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.