• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should PvM Curse Revert Back?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Should PvM Curse Be Reverted?

• Yes

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Connor_Graham

Yes or No, do you think the change to Curse should be reverted back to it's prior mechanics?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

No. I think resisting spells should do more to reduce the damage spells do in the first place.

H

Helen D

I voted no it doesnt make enough difference to worry about and some things should be that hard to fight otherwise itd just be easy.

H

Hanna

Your poll will be scewed as non-pvmers are going to load up the no vote.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, and they have said that it will.

At least that will lower the annoyance level back to something just above "general annoyance".

Still have to deal with the constant need to Remove Curse (a new potion would be cool for this IMO)

B

BartofCats

No. I think resisting spells should do more to reduce the damage spells do in the first place.
Trouble is Resisting spells DOESNT WORK against this spell. If it did, I would be happy in the way it is now. Alas, since resisting spells doesnt work on this spell, then no. Lets revert the spell till its fixxed.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Trouble is Resisting spells DOESNT WORK against this spell. If it did, I would be happy in the way it is now. Alas, since resisting spells doesnt work on this spell, then no. Lets revert the spell till its fixxed.
I know it doesn't. Thats what I'm saying, it should do.

They have said in the FoF it is being reverted.

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, and they have said that it will.

At least that will lower the annoyance level back to something just above "general annoyance".

Still have to deal with the constant need to Remove Curse (a new potion would be cool for this IMO)
This is the second time I've seen this. Where did they say this was unintentional?

*goes off to check the FoF*

C

Coppelia

I think that the Bless spell should remove it, as it's the opposite. But that's not helping dexers.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Monster's Curse spell seems to have become more powerful - what happened?"

This was one of those wonky side-effects of working with ten-year-old code - what seemed to be a simple change to make the "Curse" buff icon show up seems to have altered the actual effect of the Curse spell when cast by NPCs. (It now reduces your resists as well as your stats.) We're investigating, and hope to have the situation resolved in one of the next few publishes.

S

Still Frame

Of course i voted no :p some monsters in the game should never be killed solo. Thats one of the reasons script farming is possible and ruined the game even more.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but only temporarily until curse can be made into an appropriate spell with appropriate counters for both PvP and PvM, at which point they should make the spell universal.