• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Should it be GM or 80 skill

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Should it be GM skill requirements or 80 in skill

• Yes it should be GM Begging

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • no set it to 80, PLEASE!

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • No clue what you asking for?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

Lord Drakelord

Title say most of it, should it be GM requirement to get the small spider webs during trick or treat or should it be 80 in skill

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM Begging SHOULD be required!

Heaven forbid anyone whould have to actually WORK for something!

I

Infiniti

Although I'm not at gm yet I voted that is should be for gm. This is one tough skill to raise and I've done a LOT of skills in my seven years plus on UO. I personally would like to see more rewards added for all levels of begging.:thumbup1:

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not GM begging yet and probably won't make it time with how gains are going (even putting in 11 plus hours a day), but I still think only GMs should get the webs. If I don't make it, I will buy them from some nice GM beggar who put in the effort to work the skill. No need to penalize them for my lackness in working this skill up sometime in the last 9 years I have been playing ;)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

N

NewThunder

I am not GM yet, hope to be by the event, I voted to have it GM.

J

J0KING

How about 86.2 skill? Since that is where I am currently at... oops... 86.3...

Ok... 86.3 skill sounds like a nice round number :)

Although it is a nice trick or treat reward and I would love to have it... there is really very little rewards/eye candy for begging. I think it should be changed to 100... or 86.3 :)

W

Warrior of Time

I think it should be GM only. Those that are not GM now will most likly be by next year.

They too will want something special for the GM beggars.

M

Muu Bin

I agree with GM as well.

However if ANY consideration is going to be made for less than GM, I think it should be raised from 80 to 90. Since there is currently a 2% chance to get the special treat, I would hope that if it is anything less than GM the chance would be cut in half to 1%.

So... if not GM at a 2% success rate, then 90 at 1%. :popcorn:

S

Salty Pete

It is bad enough that these things are in the game at all.... As it is scripters are already busy at work on all shards begging away to get GM skill in order to make "30 million in gold". These are people who in no way are interested in the skill of begging, nor the play style. They are just once a year item merchants.

How about you make these trick or treat items only appear for people with GM item ID next year and maybe just start adding items to the beg table for GM beggars if you really want to give us something.

I voted to make it GM only. Screw the scripters who didn't get GM beggar in time.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Per Sak on a different thread:

Regine_EAMythic
UO Associate Game Designer

My Mood:

Default Re: Halloween...err...Beg-o-ween
Code is fixed. GM Beggars only will now have a chance at the small webs. It's not yet on TC1 so don't be surprised if you still get them at less than GM for the time being.

Sak
Send a private message to Regine_EAMythic
Find More Posts by Regine_EAMythic
Add Regine_EAMythic to Your Contacts
Unread Today, 06:46 AM

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

C

Coven of One

Voted yes!

Have a GM beggar! Just finished it about 2 weeks ago, before I knew there would be a GM only reward.. the skill sucks to raise. I like that the hard work will be rewarded for the crazies who put their time in!

Mm.. can't wait to start my death robe collection, this year!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said a few days ago it was fine by me if it was GM only (I am at 84 something).

Regine's edict has freed me from feeling compelled (yes, I sometimes do that ) to treat or treat at all this year! I already have the 5 last year's items. (multiples, :))

So good luck web gathering to all the gms and good luck on getting the "5 new to them" treats by all the brand new players. :)

A pox on those who are, as I type, cheating to gm begging.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM only.

(and I'd be perfectly happy if Item ID was a requirement as well) :lol: