• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should I switch healing to chiv?

Calla Lily

Journeyman
This is my current lumberjack/miner/resource gatherer. She uses packhorses. She occasionally does PVM (usually while resource gathering) but never PVP. She doesn't frequent dungeons or do champ spawns.

120 Anatomy
50 Chivalry (+20 jewelry)
15 Focus (+15 jewelry)
100 Healing
100 Lumberjacking
100 Mining (+5 gloves)
120 Swordsmanship
115 Tactics

Would it make more sense to drop healing and raise Chivalry and Focus, and if so, to what numbers? Should I make any other adjustments?

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Depends on how much you are lumberjacking.

If playing an elf,
  • Lumberjacking is boosted a lot
  • Mining is slightly boosted in terms of numbers of digs and color (120% of the human color chance - that's not +20%, but the human chance times 1.2, so a 40% human chance is 48% for elf)
  • Leather gathering is lower than human
  • Carry weight is lower (the pre-ML standard). The 20 extra mana for being an elf isn't as much of a factor except for combat.
If you play a human
  • Lumberjacking gets fewer chops than an elf, but 11 logs per chop.
  • Mining doesn't get as many digs, and a slightly lower chance for colored ore at a colored spot, but gets +1 ore 10% of the time (if not mining specific high-percentage dig spots, the differences from elf aren't noticeable sometimes)
  • Leather gathering is superior for a human (+10%, cumulative with a harvester blade. So, 20 leather for an elf (22 with HB) is 22 for human (25 with HB)).
  • Significantly higher carry weight, meaning you can mine/chop/skin longer before having to unload into a pack animal.
  • Human gets effective 20 Focus and 20 Meditation from JOAT. So, that 15 points could go into Chivalry without any change.
Personally, I use human resource gatherers, for the strength bonus - and most of them are Chivalry based. It's easy enough to find strength and INT/mana boosting equipment. Similarly, you can boost Healing and Chivalry fairly easily, keeping both and possibly moving points from one to another. Then, of course, there's the enhanced bandages from the fountain.

One of my resource gatherers has parry instead of LJ, and macing instead of swords, on a template similar to the one you posted. And, he has 830+ skill points and maxed STR thanks to equipment. This allows him to have 120 Blacksmithing in addition to the weapon/tactics/chiv/healing/parry/anatomy/mining.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would argue that chivalry would not be a great heal because the spell only heals 15-20HP. I'm glad you have Ljack and mining on a non-crafter. :D

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Depends on how much you are lumberjacking.

If playing an elf,
  • Lumberjacking is boosted a lot
  • Mining is slightly boosted in terms of numbers of digs and color (120% of the human color chance - that's not +20%, but the human chance times 1.2, so a 40% human chance is 48% for elf)
  • Leather gathering is lower than human
  • Carry weight is lower (the pre-ML standard). The 20 extra mana for being an elf isn't as much of a factor except for combat.
If you play a human
  • Lumberjacking gets fewer chops than an elf, but 11 logs per chop.
  • Mining doesn't get as many digs, and a slightly lower chance for colored ore at a colored spot, but gets +1 ore 10% of the time (if not mining specific high-percentage dig spots, the differences from elf aren't noticeable sometimes)
  • Leather gathering is superior for a human (+10%, cumulative with a harvester blade. So, 20 leather for an elf (22 with HB) is 22 for human (25 with HB)).
  • Significantly higher carry weight, meaning you can mine/chop/skin longer before having to unload into a pack animal.
  • Human gets effective 20 Focus and 20 Meditation from JOAT. So, that 15 points could go into Chivalry without any change.
Personally, I use human resource gatherers, for the strength bonus - and most of them are Chivalry based. It's easy enough to find strength and INT/mana boosting equipment. Similarly, you can boost Healing and Chivalry fairly easily, keeping both and possibly moving points from one to another. Then, of course, there's the enhanced bandages from the fountain.

One of my resource gatherers has parry instead of LJ, and macing instead of swords, on a template similar to the one you posted. And, he has 830+ skill points and maxed STR thanks to equipment. This allows him to have 120 Blacksmithing in addition to the weapon/tactics/chiv/healing/parry/anatomy/mining.
Okay, thank you :)