• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should EAMythic Do away with the TOS/ROC?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think? Should we be allowed to Greif, swear, steal, cheat, script, have URLs in names/profiles, hack etc, etc? Would this be a UO you WOULD WANT to play?

K

Kiminality

You said it before, when you started this little crusade:
"Why does ONE person have to spoil it for everyone?"

The answer is simple.
They don't, unless you let them.

You're blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.
If you want to quit over something like this, then it's obviously your time to go, so pack up your valuables in bank boxes, and walk away.
Otherwise, don't let one person spoil it for you. Get back in the game, and enjoy it, because it's a game.

By carrying on like this, you're not helping anything.
Especially, you're not helping yourself move beyond it.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think? Should we be allowed to Greif, swear, steal, cheat, script, have URLs in names/profiles, hack etc, etc? Would this be a UO you WOULD WANT to play?
No, they shouldnt do away with it .. they should just amend it so it only includes stuff that they are actually prepared to get off their incompetent arses and do something about. The revised TOS/ROS should therefore run to about 4 lines.

T

Turdnugget

People swear and cus and say all sorts of nasty things all the time... nothing is ever really done about it, so as of right now it's like the TOS and ROC don't even exist.

G

GFY

People swear and cus and say all sorts of nasty things all the time... nothing is ever really done about it, so as of right now it's like the TOS and ROC don't even exist.
If it's that ban NOW imagine what it would be like if they did away with it!

J

jelinidas

You said it before, when you started this little crusade:
"Why does ONE person have to spoil it for everyone?"

The answer is simple.
They don't, unless you let them.

You're blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.
If you want to quit over something like this, then it's obviously your time to go, so pack up your valuables in bank boxes, and walk away.
Otherwise, don't let one person spoil it for you. Get back in the game, and enjoy it, because it's a game.

By carrying on like this, you're not helping anything.
Especially, you're not helping yourself move beyond it.
/Signed

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, for me at least, if certain 3rd party software was made legal I would probably open three more accounts and two box off of the one to my left and my right right now. No but seriously though my OSI account was opened in July 2000 I'm reaching the eight and a half year mark with UO. TBH I only have 32 months on my primary account for this very reason. I found other places to play the game where the rules catered more to my preffered playstyle.

On the OSI shards I've never duped/macro'ed/took advantage of any more exploits. The only thing I'd like to see allowed on the official shards is certain macro programs.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What the hell, since EA don't enforce the wretched things anyway...

K

kray2s

why even discuss if we should still have these???? Isn't the question really Should EAMythic actually put some love into UO or get rid of it once and for all????!!!

B

Bent

This is in reply to Kiminality, you obviously don,t pvp or ,factions ,if you did you would realise it is not even close to one person anymore we have to avoid.

This problem has gotten extremely out of control.

And it is not just the fel pvp aspect but how come the exact same vendors are the only "lucky" ones to be able to sell barbed kits and val runic hammers everyday ,do you also agree they do all their bods legit?

If you do not see at least 10 examples of these things everytime you play UO your eyes are closed.

If EA fixed these problems it would put UO back at the top of the online games and grow guaranteed ,and probably last another 10 years.

I have closed one account and am going to close last one if nothing is attempted by EA soon.