• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shopping With Vendor Search

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is there any way to tell if a legendary item has been enhanced when viewing items on the vendor search?
Also,
What happens if I buy something, then try to use that metal of artifacts tool to enhance it, but it says it's already enhanced? Do I lose the charge on the tool anyway?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure when you use the forged metal tool it "charges" your character with a 100% success rate on the next crafting skill enhance attempt you use, so yes it does take a charge, then if you try to enhance a wpn you bought and it's already been enhanced, nothing will happen and you'll get a message "this weapon has already been blah blah blah", and your character is still charged until your next successful attempt.

Blackstar

Adventurer
That metal of artifacts (I also forgot the name) loses a charge as soon as you activate the thing. Even if you cancel after activation, it will not give back the charge. So always careful!

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok thank you. So, there's no way to tell if it's been enhanced prior to purchase, then?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thank you. So, there's no way to tell if it's been enhanced prior to purchase, then?
Nope, on some items u can see it on their color or name. Or you can see it by looking on the item properly fx 10 DI on woodlan armor.
But no direct way as in "This item has been enhanced" witch actually would make sense to have.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That metal of artifacts (I also forgot the name) loses a charge as soon as you activate the thing. Even if you cancel after activation, it will not give back the charge. So always careful!
Actually, as long as it was not the last charge on the tool, you can put the unused charge back on a tool.
Remove.PNG

See the "REMOVE" button, that pulls the charge off your character and back onto the tool.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, as long as it was not the last charge on the tool, you can put the unused charge back on a tool.
View attachment 104413

See the "REMOVE" button, that pulls the charge off your character and back onto the tool.
Which brings up the question - did it have to come from that tool? IE what if I have two tools. I use the charge on one - then use the other tool and 'remove' - will it add it to the count on tool number 2?

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which brings up the question - did it have to come from that tool? IE what if I have two tools. I use the charge on one - then use the other tool and 'remove' - will it add it to the count on tool number 2?
I was wondering that as well. I have not tried it. Seems like it should work, but this is UO and who knows?