• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shop Owners Please Read!

G

This is a repost - with better description etc..

Recently I was informed someone has been messaging people offering "Rune Protection".. Seemingly he claims he can protect your runes from being thrown out/griefed etc.. For a price.
He also supposidly claims he is not the one throwing them out. Today I found out this is false. I watched the person of the same name as the one claiming to offer rune protection throw out all the runes as i dropped them, as well as trammel colored runes titled "CHEAP".
It is not a common name, so I have little doubt its the same person.

I watched it occur in Luna today, but I've heard of this person being connected to New Haven in some way. He dresses in a green robe, with a deer hat and rides a blue beetle.
He picks up the runes he sees when he comes to the bank, and throws them out. As well as following someone while theyre dropping and throwing those out. He will not respond - even when i asked him about his supposid rune protection, he would not respond.

This "Rune protection" is a scam, It is also a form of griefing. Those that say it isn't are sadly mistaken. One of the only ways to promote your shop, is to drop runes.

If anyone has any ideas on how to diffuse this situation, Please post.

G

That's awful, I usually just pick them-up when I need a quick mark.

I can also remember picking them-up and selling them when I was a noob.

G

Here is what I would do.

Go about your normal rune-dropping business. Allow the user to start their despicable deeds. After a few minutes, kindly ask them to stop. Then go somewhere else and if they follow you, continue to drop your runes and then if they continue to do this, ask them to stop again and then go to another location. If by this third location, they continue to "grief" page on them for Harassment and explain that you have asked the user to stop and that you have gone to multiple locations to avoid the user, but they continue to follow you and harass you despite the measures taken, according the Harassment Support Details: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=47 <blockquote><hr>

QUESTION
How do I report someone for Harassment in UO?
Answer
If you are being harassed, the first thing you need to do is ask them to "please stop". If they persist with the offending behavior after you have asked them to stop, page a Game Master immediately using the appropriate Harassment option, Verbal or Physcial.

When you do this, the most recent portion of your journal, in the case of Verbal Harassment will be sent to us, and we will review it for Verbal harassment. Do not wait until they are gone to page us using the Harassment option, as only the most recent portion of your journal is being sent to us. In addition, do not log out, log back in and then page us. Doing either of these things will either erase the journal, or result in a journal that does not include the harassment. It is important to note that Game Masters cannot see your journal in-game.

When you do need to use one of the harassment options above to report a player please always include the following in your petition for assistance.

* Character Name(s)
* Offending Behavior
* What you did to resolve the situation. (Recall, Placed on ignore, left the area etc...)

We strive to provide a fair and level playing environment for all our players, and we hope that we provide consistent support for everyone. Rest assured that each and every help submission is reviewed fully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im afraid your runes are fair game.

When I had vendors, I always had success when I would gate folks directly to my shop. I would come to brit/haven or any town with a few folks standing around... drop runes in a circle around me and then say something like "Gating to my vendor shop, great deals!". Dont overdo the spam. If nobody shows any interest after a few mins move on to the next town. Do the cycle a couple times.

Some folks would recall off the runes on the ground, lotsa folks would hop through the gate for a quick look. Also have pre-marked runes on a vendor at your shop. Price the runes the same as in town so folks dont just buy em all up to re-mark em.

Safe Travels, Sam

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing you can do about it. Ignoring is best option. I mean how exciting can picking up thousands of runes everyday possibly can be? S/he will get bored eventually.

I

imported_MollyAtlantic

I spent one night paging a gm and got 4 canned answers and finally got a gm to answer the actual page.

They told me what Scribe said, runes and books are fair game because we drop them on the ground. Anyone, no matter their intent, can pick them up and do what they want with them. It is not considered harrassment. It is a scam yes but not one they will not address because the items are not OWNED once you drop them on the ground.