• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ship tracking not working

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea. It's buggy. I stop tracking before crossing server lines and that's helped me a bit. But it's still buggy. I've run into ships I wasn't even tracking many times. And sometimes I won't show any ships at all and find ships.

Miretar

Journeyman
We have restarted tracking numerous times. Restarted the computer. Ran a file check when loading UO. We are out of ideas.

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
I used tracking today and it worked just fine. It found the NPC and the player ships. Sorry to those who left their ships unattended in Fel, I found those too.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've always found it more miss than hit ever since pirates were introduced. I can start tracking and have no arrows, then a screen later run into a player or NPC ship.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ship tracking works about as well as skill tracking, barely at all. In the EC it's especially useless. When you start tracking it will show coordinates of the ship but they're constantly moving as you move, and then suddenly you arrive at the ship, and yep it was stationary the entire time. What the devs are afraid of when it comes to Tracking is unknown, but they act like it will break the game if it's given too much accuracy. Oh but if you want to know exactly how many of a certain item are available for sale, it will not only show you those items but the server will create a round trip ticket to and from that items location with damn near pin point precision...