• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ship speeds...

T

Tazar

From a boat race we did a while back - yes - they do all move at the same speed... but some of them "turn" faster. Surprisingly, the original dragon boat won the race as they were able to slip through smaller areas between the larger ships while the larger boats got hung up crashing into each other trying to make turns, etc.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter says no, and Tazar says yes. And there's some ambiguity regarding "drift" speed in the UOGuide ( I believe that's where I saw it ). Lastly, it seems to me I saw a thread somewhere that a dev said they were all the same now...
I have 3 types of ships on Pac, and may just have to check this out....

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The brit ship always seemed really slow too. The other main ships I haven't noticed any difference.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Brit ship was slow, dreadfully slow, but they changed it.