• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Shelves with Books

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you buy shelves that have books in them... wasn't it called arcane or something? Any way I need 6 of them.. top dollar paid.. (top gold piece?) well whatever you get it.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your after the book shelf that displays the books wile you have items in it is part of UO anny items you get from camecodes website?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The academic bookcase is made by a carpenter, but needs the academic books which are a stealable item from Bedlam.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Academic Books are not easy to get because they are 'camped' by scripters. Essentially when the stealing timer is up, they auto log onto the location and steal the item and then use 'Camping' to auto log. Then the item is transferred to an RMT to sell on their website.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup the one Bob showed a picture of is the ones I want.. I have one of the vet reward ones.

So anyone want to sell me six of them?

Den2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 20 academic bookcases in my house (not looking to sell, sorry)...and each one was stolen legit. I have not and will not run scripts...I log in and go through my "stealing rounds" then log out most of the time. I do try to note when I stole the higher rated stuff and write down when it is supposed to spawn again and try to remember to log in later...but most of the time it gets covered up by other paperwork or something.

...and I have 120 stealth and get revealed a bit more than I like...but at least it keep me on my toes.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The Academic Books are not easy to get because they are 'camped' by scripters. Essentially when the stealing timer is up, they auto log onto the location and steal the item and then use 'Camping' to auto log. Then the item is transferred to an RMT to sell on their website.
lol Or maybe people just know when it's supposed to spawn and log on and steal it?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the spawn rate on the book? Anyone know? 24 hours? A week? A month? There's probably a website somewhere listing this, I just can't find it. =-P

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's level 8 I believe, so every 8 days. I read a post by Kelmo that said it spawned in 3 places in Bedlam, but I only know two of them. I must remember to ask him about that.

T

Tazar

From what I have heard, two of them spawn down in the bedlam champ spawn area (inside the crypt in the cemetery) . The third is supposed to spawn in the building just north of the cemetery.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Petra Fyde. Now... I need to find a map of bedlam. I'm sure somewhere out there is a map with the spawn locations on it.

:)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want to team up to go after them Bob? or you gonna solo it and then sell me the books? :)

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two locations on cats that spawn the books the little room just east of where you drop in to the champ spawn area beneath bedlam. and the room directly to the south west of the altar. I was able to nab several of them over time. hard part is catching them spawn to know when. When I was hunting them on a regular basis, I was actually surprised how often I would happen into them and got both on a few occasions. Gave most away already though. Wish you luck the hardest part is getting that first one.

oh yeah one last thing....they will retain the color of the wood crafted with so make sure your using the right color you wan as they color the entire bookcase, i would recomment regular wood for best appearance.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you run a stealth-er Ludes? If so, curious, what is your stealth at? I would imagine that having self rez by means of um... Sacrifice virtue I think? That would help a solo player.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I don't have a stealther.. my T-Hunter has some hiding but thats it.. My templates are all very old fashioned.. Most of them were created pre-Ren and have been adapted a little.

My kids make fun of my templates all the time.. But hey that how I play I guess.

Only combat capable characters I have at all are my Paladin and my Bard/Mage.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Or maybe people just know when it's supposed to spawn and log on and steal it?

Back when doom was popular and the lamp room help a valuable item, people used to claim this very same thing. Of course, we know this is false. I never said that only scripters get them. However, anyone with a brain knows these items don't simply appear on RMT websites due to player generosity.

Obviously they can be obtained, its just that there is competition. Catskills has hordes of stealthers. Sometimes it seems that there are more stealthers than the numbers of players.

I can't tell you the time they spawn but I can probably tell you when they do not spawn.

S

sweet potato

If someone is running scripts, why don't you kill them and loot all their gear?