• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shell Shock and still confused

J

jasminemoon

Greetings all!

My Sims are gone! I mean, those pixel people that I created a long time ago...even my BV one...

I haven't posted in City Hall in a very long time. I'm a re-new um..sim..I mean avatar and after re-subscribing and reading loads of posts, I think I'm more confused than ever. Maybe you guys can clear some things up.

Did everyone have blank Avatars that they had to re-create when they rolled over? or is it just me or people in my situation {whatever that is}

Since I'm going back on premium today, does that mean that I will (eventually) get:

My skill locks? (even though my avatars & names didn't roll over)
My gifts?
My bonuses, pet trophies, etc?

What about my personally crafted items?

Should I create other accounts for free right now, like in TC3? I vaguely remember that in TSO you couldn't be in test center AND another city at the same time..I think it had to do with the files transferring each time.

I <u>have</u> found out that by re-signing up that I will receive founder's status (which I was only a bit late for in the original TSO) and am supposed to receive 8 sims- I mean avatars available by April?- which is being referred to as the Amnesty? Right?

Is the "Amnesty" date April 30th? or April 1st? (I just have taken in too much info I suppose)

I welcome any other answers or information that you all might think I might ask at this point, I'll take em'! Even if I've already found out - I'd rather take the chance. *lol*

I haven't exactly started playing again yet...in fact, I'm a wee bit skerrred about what I'm gonna find (and most definitely not find: ie. my lots, furniture, money *tear*) when I re-enter this new and 'unchartered territory'. *deep breathe*.

I just need some solid answers, and I suppose, a little moral support or encouragement?

Any takers?

Thanks to all,
Jasmine

I

imported_Qute Pi

If your account was inactive for more than 90 days your sims would have been deleted. That would explain why you had to create new.

If you've been paying for your account all along, everything should be there.

Amnesty, sometime after april, is supposed to give you skill locks based on entitlement days, and regive you any gifts you would have earned from your entitlement days.

If your sim was deleted due to inactive account you would have lost any crafted items you made or bought. Those are not included in amnesty.

Creating a new account wont change anything but your overall entitlement days. If your account was active in the past that is better than starting a new account.

Yes your account will be considered ea land founder if you start paying before april date that was given. I don't think that is so much amnesty as it is the decision of who to make a founder.

April 30th is the deadline per the Blog entry:
To be considered an EA-Land Founder you must have had an active paying account (subscription or game time card) after July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008.

Welcome Back!

J

jasminemoon

Thanks bunches Qute Pie for the reply!

Now at least I have an idea of what to expect on my way in *smile*

{grateful}

Jasmine

G

First of all, what are your entitlement days listed on your sim/avatar bio?
You will receive amnesty based on those days.
How long were you away from the game?
If you were gone more than 120 (90 days if homeless) days, it is normal for your sims/avatars to have been wiped.
Amnesty should be soon.
That is about as solid of an answer you will get on that. bookmark me This is where you go for updates. That is the developers blog. Join it, you may need to be a member of that site for some contests.

Welcome back to the game. Welcome to EA Land!

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

If your account was inactive for more than 90 days your sims would have been deleted. That would explain why you had to create new.

Amnesty, sometime after april, is supposed to give you skill locks based on entitlement days, and regive you any gifts you would have earned from your entitlement days.

If your sim was deleted due to inactive account you would have lost any crafted items you made or bought. Those are not included in amnesty.

Creating a new account wont change anything but your overall entitlement days. If your account was active in the past that is better than starting a new account.

Yes your account will be considered ea land founder if you start paying before april date that was given. I don't think that is so much amnesty as it is the decision of who to make a founder.

To be considered an EA-Land Founder you must have had an active paying account (subscription or game time card) after July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008.

Welcome Back!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said Amnesty is sometime after April. We should being getting more information about it in a couple of days and it should be much sooner than that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Welcome Back!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said Amnesty is sometime after April. We should being getting more information about it in a couple of days and it should be much sooner than that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 'after April' is misinformation.....that poster is confusing amnesty with the April 30th deadline for being considered an EA Land Founder. Those are two separate things. Amnesty should be coming any time now, since we were told that it would happen when the final cities were merged. Hopefully soon at least Greg or Lee will give us the date that we can expect it *prays*

J

jasminemoon

Thanks all again for all the useful information and warmth! And I bookmarked that site.

And now I'm wondering...how much entitlement equals what? Are the rules/gifts/bonuses different now? I've only seen something about a lava lamp..and I haven't read that thread enough to understand it. Is there a list somewhere about the entitlement benefit amounts/things equalities?

I'm also wondering if the correct re-sign in date to receive it at all, may have been March 8th? *please no

I'm gathering that is NOT the case, but if hypothetically it is..I probably won't last long. I realize that it's my fault that I let my account lapse (although I have REALLY good excuses..not gonna go there), but starting completely from scratch and without even two pennies to rub together..(at least TSO started us out with some money)..then I may not last long at all-unless I see some real fireworks before the end of April, because right before I let my account lapse -and this wasn't why it lapsed, believe it or not, it was purely coincidental- I should note that: although my Sims may not have been on the top lists: all three had some major dough, items, and nice big lots. I actually came back for a day sometime in between to see that my account was still active..but it wasn't the time for me to re-subscribe (again..not really the topic here).

What I do recall at that time is that there were absolutely no improvements (worth noting), being made to the game, and even veteran players were dropping like flies. It was like hearing crickets. Nearly every time I went online, I COULDN'T FIND ANYONE ELSE TO EVEN TALK TO, and most houses were closed. If I was lucky, I would find two lots open when I went on! I'm certainly not looking for that to happen again. I certainly mean no offense to the Devs- because I also know that they were very shorthanded, and TSO was not a top priority at the time. The Devs did all they could while we all petitioned, complained, whined and grumbled.

I do hope to see some major improvements without those improvements being akin to angry moths heading for my pocketbook. I was never one to have more than one account or to violate TSO terms (that's probably why I never made the top lists even though I was on practically 24hrs a day).

With renewed hope &amp;
Thanks Again Everyone!
See ya around the 'land',
Jasmine-without a cent to my name-Moon

I

imported_Qute Pi

There never was a march 8th date, somehow march of 2008 got changed to march 8th.

Even so, amnesty hasn't been given out, and to be honest regardless of whats been announced I don't believe it will happen before the april 30th date, but we'll see what greg or whoever tells us for sure. Either way, its still before the end of March.

1 yr = pet statue
2 yr = tree
3 yr = campfire
4th and 5th yr hasn't been given yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There never was a march 8th date, somehow march of 2008 got changed to march 8th.

Even so, amnesty hasn't been given out, and to be honest regardless of whats been announced I don't believe it will happen before the april 30th date, but we'll see what greg or whoever tells us for sure. Either way, its still before the end of March.

[/ QUOTE ]That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't see anywhere where it said March 8th. I see everywhere saying March 08 - as in, March 2008 (hint to whoever drafted that e-mail message: Don't use two-digit years. It confuses people).

My take on amnesty is that everyone has until the end of March to get in on the deal. After midnight, March 31st, 2008, the door closes on amnesty. My bet is on amnesty being awarded within the first week of April.

(Note: These are only my opinions and speculations, and are by no means anything official, and should not be construed as such. I do not work for EA, and do not have any insider knowledge. No flamingos were harmed in the making of this message, though a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced. Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.)

G

Orrrrrr it might just be a big April Fools Day joke lol

Hey it's better than just getting monkey heads

C

Caesar Weezer

So let me get this straight....

I had two accounts back in the summer. I closed off one of the accounts in mid august, and that sim was deleted.

Two weeks ago I reopened the account in TC3, but only as freeplay. Will I still get the amnesty, even though I'm freeplayer with that account? Also, will my first sim get the locks that accrued, or will my previous sim be recreated and skill points and locks be given to the recreation, or the main sim?