• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sheilds Bushido and Parry

5% Luck

Now I run bushido on all my warriors. One is a tamer and one is a bard. Id like to keep using my shields for the bonuses. Am I lowering my skill based DCI by wearing a shield and NOT having parry?

R

Ravenspyre

There is no skill based DCI. You are lowering your parry chance though.

G

You might as well have zero parry if you're going to use bushido and a shield. Bad idea.

5% Luck

Thats what said was that i have 0 parry gm bushido and gm maceing I am wearing a shield. Will that lower my (DCI non item) <--weapons skill "get missed chance"

M

Maximinus Thrax

DO NOT USE A SHIELD WITH BUSHIDO

Whatever mods are on your shield are not worth being constantly hit by everything in the world (including dust) moving in your general direction.

Seriously though, if you have 15 dci on your shield, and you have GM parry/bush, your parry chance will be 5%, even if you had max DCI (45%, 15 from shield i assume), it's definately better to have no shield, 30% parry with a 1 handed wep, and then 30% dci.

It doesnt get stacked I don't think, and I really have no clue how UO adds all this crap up, but I do know that shield+bushido=really bad idea if you actually want to avoid getting hit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats what said was that i have 0 parry gm bushido and gm maceing I am wearing a shield. Will that lower my (DCI non item) &lt;--weapons skill "get missed chance"

[/ QUOTE ]

No it will not affect your DCI. I don't know why you'd want Bushido without Parry, but to each his or her own

M

Maximinus Thrax

Oh I too failed to realize he has no parry...

I really didn't expect it.

G

Kinda like ordering an ice cream cone without the ice cream, eh?

I

imported_GFY

If you want to use a shield just have parry not bushido. You'll get a dci bonus from parry, all the specials of the shield, but no bushido specials.

R

Ravenspyre

<blockquote><hr>

If you want to use a shield just have parry not bushido. You'll get a dci bonus from parry, all the specials of the shield, but no bushido specials.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno if I have heard any more incorrect statements in my life.

You DO NOT get DCI from parry skill. Defense Chance Increase is a modifier to the base hit/miss calculations, and is not affected by parrying or bushido at all. Blocking (aka parrying) is a seperate calculation performed after a hit/mizz calculation is done. Basically this is how the system checks;

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Hit/Miss Calculation;
if Hit goto Block Calculation;
if Miss goto No Damage;

Block Calculation;
if Block goto No Damage;
if No Block goto Resist Calculation;

Resistance Calculation;
Subtract Resisted Value from Total Damage to get Final Number;
Apply Damage;
End

No Damage;
if Attack Miss
if Attack Blocked
End</pre><hr />

That's a rough idea of what the whole shebang looks like, though I am sure it's much more complicated and that's pretty much a layman's program right there.

I

imported_GFY

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno if I have heard any more incorrect statements in my life.

You DO NOT get DCI from parry skill. Defense Chance Increase is a modifier to the base hit/miss calculations, and is not affected by parrying or bushido at all. Blocking (aka parrying) is a seperate calculation performed after a hit/mizz calculation is done. Basically this is how the system checks;

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Hit/Miss Calculation;
if Hit goto Block Calculation;
if Miss goto No Damage;

Block Calculation;
if Block goto No Damage;
if No Block goto Resist Calculation;

Resistance Calculation;
Subtract Resisted Value from Total Damage to get Final Number;
Apply Damage;
End

No Damage;
if Attack Miss
if Attack Blocked
End</pre><hr />

That's a rough idea of what the whole shebang looks like, though I am sure it's much more complicated and that's pretty much a layman's program right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my ignorance.

I misrepresented dci bonus for chance to block.

5% Luck

Well to clarify my template

120 macing
120 peace
120 music
100 tactic
100 bushido
68 chivalry
92 focus

Now the idea was to get crits for extra damage and honor for perfection damage bonus. I cant seem to find decent enough axes to enable Lumberjacking instead of bushido for the damage. So what would you sugest for a bigger damage boost? I know anatomy isnt better then bushidos crits/honor so???

BTW I am currently pretty much capped to how high end i can fight but the fights are very very easy and i cant seem to get creatures to drop at a faster average per hour. I can do dragons and even shadow wyvern balrons and sucubus. But no paragons or peerless. Just the big badies of the old world in a 50s resist luck suit as a melle char is kinda fun! and with chiv/bush its fast!

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL reminds me of my old warriors temp minus the bushido and focus (because wasnt around)

But the big reason why you cant do any thing more than the dragons and what not is peace dosnt work the same as it used to.