• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sheep shearing

F

Frozen_Wind

I have accepted a quest to shear sheep. Where do I get the shears from? I tracked down a shepherd in Brtiannia but he didn't have anything to sell.:confused:

Thanks

Jon

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best place I have found is the Sheep pen in Yew. If you kill the sheep once you have sheared them then they spawn again. If that is still not enough you can sometimes find some in Delucia with all the cows.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just use a sword type weapon on the actual sheep to sheer them

F

Frozen_Wind

Seems the only way of shearing a sheep is by killing it. Seems a bit brutal and unsound environmentally?

Jon:eyes::eyes:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no need to kill the sheep. Just double click a bladed weapon in your backpack and then just target the sheep. :)

F

Fink

You'll get better wool off a live sheep than a dead one. The wool taken from sheep corpses doesn't make as much yarn as the wool taken from live sheep.

T

Tay M'real

I have accepted a quest to shear sheep. Where do I get the shears from? I tracked down a shepherd in Brtiannia but he didn't have anything to sell.:confused:

Thanks

Jon
use any bladed item (dagger, sword etc..) and target the sheep - you'll 'shear' it and receive the wool in your pack :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Has anyone tried a harvester's blade, to see if it gives more wool than a normal bladed item? If so, let me know for the FAQs on UO Craftsman.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The harvester blade gives not more wool when you shear the sheep but does give 1 wool more when you use it when you have killed the sheep.