• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SHE Auctions!

V

Vic

I am Vic Guildleader of SHE. As of late seems there are a couple people not happy with our auction. They seem to be so upset that they go around remarking runes and re titling books saying SHE Is a Ripoff Auction. Well we havent changed the auction rules in 3+ yrs. We charge a SMALL percentage (10%). We have never over charged anyone. And if we did we do correct or mistakes. Let this person/persons know that no matter how much they bash us that SHE will continue on. it is just so sad that people have to stoop to a low level and try and give SHE a bad name.
If you have any trouble with SHE feel free to contact me in game or icq- 258330728.
Or contact any SHE member and they can get ahold of me.
thank you,
Vic

C

Clair

SHE members are good folks in general and the auction is run fairly. If one does not agree with the rules when they are clearly stated by those running an activity, then one has the option of not participating in that activity. Some people seem to thrive on trying to mess with other players' success. It is a damn shame that stuff like this even has to be brought up.

L

Lissa Eldi

If its only a few not happy, youre doing fine. :)

Cant please some people no matter how hard you try.

J

Jecht

I am Vic Guildleader of SHE. As of late seems there are a couple people not happy with our auction. They seem to be so upset that they go around remarking runes and re titling books saying SHE Is a Ripoff Auction. Well we havent changed the auction rules in 3+ yrs. We charge a SMALL percentage (10%). We have never over charged anyone. And if we did we do correct or mistakes. Let this person/persons know that no matter how much they bash us that SHE will continue on. it is just so sad that people have to stoop to a low level and try and give SHE a bad name.
If you have any trouble with SHE feel free to contact me in game or icq- 258330728.
Or contact any SHE member and they can get ahold of me.
thank you,
Vic

Well, auctions are the biggest waste of time on UO in my opinion. I have been to a few and left shortly after it has started. All are the same. I am also NOT going to give anyone 10% (or however much other people are charging) of MY GOLD to anyone to sell my product. I get a much better response on Tradespot than at any auction, and I get to keep all of my gold! Again, this is just my opinion.

But, now going back on topic, yes it is a shame that people have to be like that. I don't know why people can go about his or her business and let things be instead of trying to ruin it for anyone else.

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been around a lil while and along with Nissi, the She auction has long been the standard on how a good auction is run. Anyone who's angry for whatever reason it must a freak incident or a personal issue as all from both long running shard auctions are good honest folks. No author on these books?

V

Vic

no author on books, some books were from Deal or No deal. whoever done it would wipe title off and put the stuff about SHE on it and leave the rest of the book alone. sealed books would solve some of this i think but still does not help with the runes that get recopied. just sad how ppl will try and get their kics from making misery from others.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
no author on books, some books were from Deal or No deal. whoever done it would wipe title off and put the stuff about SHE on it and leave the rest of the book alone. sealed books would solve some of this i think but still does not help with the runes that get recopied. just sad how ppl will try and get their kics from making misery from others.
Temporary have the house sign renamed to what you want on the Rune and then mark them....I know that can cause issues since all will go to the same spot but...you can't over write the name that way.

T

Tigger

These are NOT our runes that are being remarked by they/him/her?
They are remarking any rune that can be remarked with this umm for lack of better word junk.

C

Chaos Eterna

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to say that it is customary for any guild or auction house to charge a 10% fee to anyone who wants to sell thier stuff and the auction. The fee is charged because you are paying for the service they are providing you.
1. The auction House or Guild running the auction are the ones dropping the runes and books to advertise your wares for sale.
2. They are allowing you to use thier house and thier auctioneer and collection person to show off your wares to prospective buyers. They also collect your gold for you.
so a 10%fee is always customary for them do a servive for you.

I have been playing uo on and off for 8yrs and i also had a very successful auction house and that is the rate we charged also. So if you don't like the fee then don't sell your stuff at auction, but don't try to ruin the name of a good guild that has been around along time just because you don't understand the rules of selling your stuff that way.

L

Lucy

Temporary have the house sign renamed to what you want on the Rune and then mark them....I know that can cause issues since all will go to the same spot but...you can't over write the name that way.

Actually you can't do that anymore... People won't be able to recall off the rune if you mark it inside a house. Its a bug that devs probably will fix in 5 years.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes head in*

Sorry to interrupt.
But you can mark runes from inside your house. It will mark with the name on the house sign, and cannot be changed unless re-marked.
The runes will take you to under the house sign when recalled on.
It still works correctly.

*slips away*