• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sharing a Suit builder spreadsheet I made

QwertyEuropa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Guerry shared a picture on an auction post (Buying Armor - Paying 135m for a Craftable luck Suit need a Professional!) including a picture of a fancy spreadsheet and inspired me to make a spreadsheet of my own... so today I set aside some time to make a sheet that I can use to build my suits with a few fun and fancy functions. I made it with a Sampire in mind so if I've missed anything then you can comment on this post/drop me a PM and I will do my best to add it.
I added a few items to hopefully explain a few of the functions and calculations. I hope this works for people
Please feel free to take a look and take a copy if you wish: HERE
Hope this can be of use to people

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Guerry shared a picture on an auction post (Buying Armor - Paying 135m for a Craftable luck Suit need a Professional!) including a picture of a fancy spreadsheet and inspired me to make a spreadsheet of my own... so today I set aside some time to make a sheet that I can use to build my suits with a few fun and fancy functions. I made it with a Sampire in mind so if I've missed anything then you can comment on this post/drop me a PM and I will do my best to add it.
I added a few items to hopefully explain a few of the functions and calculations. I hope this works for people
Tis is a dark road ye are wandering down! I warn ye before it's too late!! Soon you'll making inbuing sheets, and pet intensity sheets, and BOD sheets and god only knows what kinda sheets!! *runs away screaming like a madman*

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hats off for a nicely made working spreadsheet, outs my scraps of scribbled paper to shame.

This is where UO has gone wrong in my opinion. Shouldn't need it.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I always wondered why there is no online tool for this on uoguide, knucklehead, uo-cah or uo.com ...

Anyhow, thanks for sharing!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This is the one I put togethera while back. I'm sure it could use a few tweaks or corrections, so I've given this link edit rights if anyone wants to help out. :) Link

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone interested in building a sheet that would put individual parts together and make a suit.

I have 4 chests nearly full of Mage pieces. I could input each piece into something and give each piece a name. Then set parameters like. 85,70,70,70,75 Resist. 40LMC, 100LRC. The sheet would give me the combinations that best fit the parameters. Then I could put together suits a lot faster and more efficient than trial and error.

QwertyEuropa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Pawain oooo that's an interesting concept....input stats of decent items that you keep and tell your magic spreadsheet what you want from the suit and it chooses some items for you...its a project that is a bit beyond my capabilities and wants though.
You'd also have to have a system of identifying the itemID code on spreadsheet and which item it corrolates too in game... That alone may be more challenging than you'd first think.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone interested in building a sheet that would put individual parts together and make a suit.

I have 4 chests nearly full of Mage pieces. I could input each piece into something and give each piece a name. Then set parameters like. 85,70,70,70,75 Resist. 40LMC, 100LRC. The sheet would give me the combinations that best fit the parameters. Then I could put together suits a lot faster and more efficient than trial and error.
Hmmm... I wonder if I could come up with something like that. I'd give it a shot, but I have a nasty habit of trying to make things do too much. I'll have to mull this over.

Edit: I actually think a database might be better suited for this application, or maybe even a hybrid database/spreadsheet combination.

Yeah... I've been working with databases and spreadsheets faaaaaaar too long.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Now, if you could drag-n-drop an armor piece onto the spreadsheet and have it calculate optimum combinations...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now, if you could drag-n-drop an armor piece onto the spreadsheet and have it calculate optimum combinations...
LOL you want easier than I do. But you don't have a lot of time to play.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will try this sheet for next armor set. After converting to Excel 2007 which ommits some functionality may sheet looks like this. The googla sheet converts check boxes to simple fields values like TRUE/FALSE
1587905354474.png
I have added the check boxes again and use a radio set for the race and added a line for Mastery Bonus.
And i will add a swing speed calculation in the sheet in case i use a weapon.
Such a sheet is a lot of work.

Usually mine is looking like this
1587906032228.png
Well i use of course German Words for some attributes and use also a slot number together with slot name. This helps me to grab the right artifact item for a slot.
The cells with green background can be imbued for each slots (brace14=ring7).
The max Value for Luck is just fictive. It was comes from an old infomation.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI that a rough version of this is actually in the game; you just put stuff on a mannequin and then "view suit stats". Gives you every single roll up you can think (also max values). Below is an example (there are 2 pages)

1588042939036.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 4 chests of Mage armor. Mannequin is as slow as trying them on yourself.

QwertyEuropa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just an FYI that a rough version of this is actually in the game; you just put stuff on a mannequin and then "view suit stats". Gives you every single roll up you can think (also max values). Below is an example (there are 2 pages)

View attachment 107851
I genuinely didn't know that nice to see they added a feature like that. Still... Spreadsheet is useful for planning when you don't have the arties yet.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just to follow up, knuckleheads recently released a suit calculator.

I am personally still using excel spreadsheets, but just to let people know.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have UOAssit, you can kind of sort of import data using the vendor agent and using % as the separator option. That way you can see what is in a bag. That's the way I have done it. I am not good with numbers though.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There used to be a tool someone made a few years after AoS that would read all the properties of the armor you put into a specified bag & it would dump them into an offline database of its own. You could make suits based solely on resists. It allowed you to sort / arrange pieces to make highest resist suits. This was before the complicated powersuits of today. I no longer have it or remember what it was called. It worked well for back then. Quite a few people used to use it. I wish I could remember what it was called.

Would having a program simply read and store a list of items & their properties from a specified container be legal? It is just collecting data and not actively manipulating the data stream. You could take that data and dump it into a suit builder. It would be so much better than hand inputting every item every time.

Last edited:

Lord Viro

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just out of curiosity .. what are the check boxes on column ab and ac for? Column label says armor type but what are you checking there?

nevermind lol. helps if I read the whole spreadsheet first

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking for useable spreasheets for suit building I came across this thread. I like this spreadsheet the best but it's missing slots for mastery bonus, FC and FCR. Since I'm not very talented with excel could you implement mastery bonus, FC and FCR slots for this? That would be awesome!