• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard with House Room

C

Caelas

Hi, I'm considering coming back to UO and I am looking for a shard that isn't so overpopulated that you have to pay out the *** to buy a house, or search for weeks just to find a 8x8 plot in the middle of some god-forsaken swamp in Fel. Ahem..

Anyway, if you guys know of such shard (or get gerous and want to donate something decent sized :gee: ) please let me know.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are lots of 18x18 spots on Napa Valley and yet there are still *some* people that play. So, it's better than a lot of shards in that regard.

B

Bennos Morales

Come try Siege...or just make yourself at home once again....

C

Caelas

Seige? LOL No thanks. I'm not a PvPer...my wife and I play together, and we like to hunt together and craft without being killed by random players. Yeah I'm one of those peaceful Tram types.

Napa Valley...sounds decent...is it one of those almost dead shards?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where are you, Geographically, you would want to be where you have a good connection.

I believe Chesapeake is a quiet East USA shard, Atlantic the busiest. Baja's fairly quiet of the West ones, Drachenfels is the quietest Eurpean.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I suggest your choices are
Chesapeake
Catskills
Lake Superior
Great Lakes
Legends
Lake Austin

Maybe have a look at each shard's board here on Stratics, also the Central and Eastern trade boards.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lots of nice spots on Legends :) and a really nice bunch of folks

C

Caelas

lots of nice spots on Legends :) and a really nice bunch of folks
Glad you mentioned Legends...made a post over there and a guy is offering to give me a keep in Tram! :gee: Hopefully that works out...

L

Lord Drakelord

Chesapeake
Catskills
Lake Superior
Great Lakes
Legends
Lake Austin

Maybe have a look at each shard's board here on Stratics, also the Central and Eastern trade boards.
Depending on connection and PC you can play fairly well on the western shards as well, I am located in Arkansas, but play on Sonoma. Housing is not a problem here as there are places all over where a 18x18 can be placed, and I have seen many a plot where a large tower would fit easy.

On that list of shards above I would say that Lake Austin is one of the newer shards, and may have less folks then all the rest, Legends I would say would be next, mainly as it was AOL Legends for many years, the rest are all older shards and have HUGE populations

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

Oceania has nice spots... some of my favorite spots opened up .. i liek my locations currently or i;d move there.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends seemed to have decent amounts of space when I did my last deco spy missions there months ago. I know someone who placed a large tower there with no trouble a while back.

-Skylark

S

S.W.A.T

Lake Austin for sure, lots of 18x18's and quite a few Keep spots =]

B

brundlefly

Chessy has at least one spot Im sure is open because I just moved out of a 7X13 (maybe room for more) I just moved out of there. Go to Cove ,go out the gate and head north. You will see a large peninsula (dunno if I spelled that right) On the north side at 46 degrees 56'N 69 degrees 45'E (b) is about where I used to live. It has a great spawn of Water elementals and Sea Serps in the bay behind it. Enough to get a new guy started on magic ressist and melee skills as well as gaining tons of fame and karma (nearly lvl 5).Also to East a few screens is the cemetery where a single liche will spawn every 10 mins or so with his minions. I GMed ressist 3 chars in this area.It also gives you a chance to explore the other new skills without getting your ass handed to you. And you will die many times so Cove or home isnt far away :).

S

Stucky

Cats has plenty of room for housing. I know of atleast 3 18x18 plots outside of umbra off the top of my head.

L

Leana Sidhe

Hi... I know there are several 18x18 spots on Baja, just outside of Umbra..
I just recently moved from there... as I found a spot of my dreams by the water in Zento.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chesapeake
Catskills
Lake Superior
Great Lakes
Legends
Lake Austin

Of the above List, Lake Austin has the Lowest Population and thus the Most placement spots.

I know there are some Keep spots and I think I have seen a Castle or two's spots.

Tower spots every where and 18x18x3 are very easy to find.

Come to lake Austin ..... A community were everyone knows your name. Really it is a Friendly Shard. I am confident in saying "We are not a run of the mill shard". :)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Chessy, and there's a neighboring house for sale next to mine on the west coast of Zento. The neighbors have pretty good housing styles (very few borg cubes) so the whole place looks good and I think the house is an 18x18 or just slightly smaller. It's rather nicely built so you could buy and move in, or tear it down and deco as you like.
Unfortunately I'm not sure how much the guy wants for it, but I'm guessing "too much" since it's been up for 'sale' for probably almost a year now and hasn't changed hands. :/

If you're curious and headed for Chessy, let me know and we can figure out if that house is worth it :)