• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Transfer Shields for Cheap Pet Scrolls and Pet Selling/Trading

Ascalon

Adventurer
I mostly play on Siege, so it doesn't apply there, but I just hit 168 months and I can claim Shard Transfer Shields. I could claim 4 of them.

I currently have a house on Pacific, but I'm not that attached to it. I just placed it because it was an open keep spot.

Before claiming the shields, I'd like any advice, or strategy and if anyone has been doing this and what their experience is. From what I understand, Atlantic is the main pet trading hub, so 2 claims would need to be Atlantic and Pacific to get back and forth. My only other thought is, before the pandemic stuff, I would used to the Philippines to stay the winter, so if I knew what shard is the best latency for players over there, I'd make one there. Can anyone confirm what's the best shard for playability/latency in the Philippines? Outside of that, one more claim would remain.

Another idea, since I'm not that attached to Pacific is just claim 1 shield and move the chars I want to move somewhere, but the question would be where. After that, I'd still have 3 claims left if these are worth getting.

Also, as a some questions for people that have claimed them. You have to lock them down in your house to produce tokens, right? Do they build up tokens to a limit, like the tree stump does with wood?

I've got 3 banes, and 2 pre-patch mares, that I would either trade or move around. Also, a good collection of claimed and unclaimed anniversary horses, some trained and some not. Currently they're on Pacific. Maybe I could trade for a war horse and a purple rabbit and widen my collection of rare pets.

Anyway, advice/strategy/thoughts/experience with this, much appreciated.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if your not to attached to the shard then drop the keep and go to atl and place a smaller home many spots left that way you can pick 3 shards to do the champs on. One token a month and holds up to 10 then you need to get them and place somewhere.

Ascalon

Adventurer
I'll use your idea about a one way ticket off a shard to move another pre-patch mare I found. I claimed 3 tokens on Pacific, (Origin, Atlantic, and Oceania) then I'll do the first move, Pacific to Origin, with tokens to Atlantic and Oceania. When I get there, I'll move 1 Origin char from Origin to Oceania and proceed from Origin to Atlantic with the Pacific char. That will get me on Atlantic with 3 banes and 2 pre-patch mares.

When I was doing this, I found a character on a shard that I'd made to test out a tamer/thunter template a long time ago, so I picked up an additional pre-patch mare. This is where I'll use your one way ticket idea, to get from Baja to Pacific.

Things I've learned so far in the process. It's not bad to move chars, very similar if not exactly the same as sending a copy to Test Center. I found out that it will catch you if you have any shard bound items and not let you continue. The items that caught me were mastery books, chicken coops, and the gold pegasus statue deco. I also found out they let you move just 1 time in a 24 hour period, so in my case, I moved to Origin, then I need to wait a day then move one to Atlantic, then wait another day and move the other to Oceania. Small editorial, but in true UO fashion the time is formatted in minutes only, so I have about 1284 more minutes to wait.

When I'm all done with the first round of things, I should have a set of tokens for Pacific, Atlantic, Origin, and Oceania so I could place a house on any of these and then shuttle around to any of the other ones.

They have boats, too bad they don't have RV's in UO. It would save me a lot of packing and unpacking. ;):)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My main shard is Atl has been since the start played on other shards like you in the start then moved everything over to Atl was costly with soul stones and transfer tokens at the time. But know I Have 10 shields picked and in the middle of the moving from all ten at once.

The thing with me is I picked 5 on each of the oldest accounts so I bypass the waiting time just move and hand over to other account to move. but finding I been keeping on the shard for a few days moving stuff back and fourth from char to char and account to account.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll use your idea about a one way ticket off a shard to move another pre-patch mare I found. I claimed 3 tokens on Pacific, (Origin, Atlantic, and Oceania) then I'll do the first move, Pacific to Origin, with tokens to Atlantic and Oceania. When I get there, I'll move 1 Origin char from Origin to Oceania and proceed from Origin to Atlantic with the Pacific char. That will get me on Atlantic with 3 banes and 2 pre-patch mares.

When I was doing this, I found a character on a shard that I'd made to test out a tamer/thunter template a long time ago, so I picked up an additional pre-patch mare. This is where I'll use your one way ticket idea, to get from Baja to Pacific.

Things I've learned so far in the process. It's not bad to move chars, very similar if not exactly the same as sending a copy to Test Center. I found out that it will catch you if you have any shard bound items and not let you continue. The items that caught me were mastery books, chicken coops, and the gold pegasus statue deco. I also found out they let you move just 1 time in a 24 hour period, so in my case, I moved to Origin, then I need to wait a day then move one to Atlantic, then wait another day and move the other to Oceania. Small editorial, but in true UO fashion the time is formatted in minutes only, so I have about 1284 more minutes to wait.

When I'm all done with the first round of things, I should have a set of tokens for Pacific, Atlantic, Origin, and Oceania so I could place a house on any of these and then shuttle around to any of the other ones.

They have boats, too bad they don't have RV's in UO. It would save me a lot of packing and unpacking. ;):)
Always remember to move gold to the transfer account!

Ascalon

Adventurer
I somewhat messed up already. I moved money into the transfer account on Pacific, transferred to Origin, unpacked and then the next day happily moved on to Atlantic. I think "Transfer Account" means only until you do the next transfer and it auto unpacks. So I'll need to more closely check that every step on the way going forward.

I've got another token on Origin to move to Oceania, so I'll put the money back in the account before transfer.

So I've got 1 char on Atlantic and 315gp to go wild at this point. :D

I think the next steps are prep the char on Baja to move and pack up the house and drop it on Pacific, place on Baja, claim a Pacific shield, drop the Baja house, transfer that char to Pacific, and then re-place a house on Pacific. Then I'll have 4 shields there, but I'll need to wait for them to generate tokens. Next month, I should be able to move the last of the pre-patch mares over to Atlantic (2 there now, 1 more to move). Baja is my "one way ticket" shard where I just want to move that one character (and 1 pre-patch mare).

I'm still not sure on the price and availability of pets on Atlantic, buying or selling, but hopefully I'll get a good outcome on that. I still need to figure out what I want to sell, what I want to buy, as far as pets go. I'll have 3 pre-patch mares and 3 banes on Atlantic, so it seems like I have the best chance of coming out with some decent trades and funding to get the ones I keep scrolled up.

Not sure what to get. As far as rare pets, I don't have a war horse.