• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Transfer Problem - (Fixed, Thank You All!)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I started a transfer from Atlantic to Napa Valley about 20 minutes before server down... The transfer worked, the character arrived safely on Napa with all the items.

However... now I cannot log into Atlantic at all on that account. It just gives me the "a transfer is in progress so you can't log in" message. The transfer has been over for an hour and it's still not allowing me to log in.

This happened to me once before a couple years ago and it took weeks to get a GM to fix it...

Part of the issue last time was that I could only log into other shards to page a GM, but every time a GM came they would tell me to page on my home shard..... which I can't do since I can't get to my home shard. I tried paging on Atlantic on a different account last time too, and was told It had to be the broken account that paged otherwise they can't do anything for me.

Anyone know how to fix this, or have any advice?

Really not looking forward to another few weeks of searching for GM's....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would log on napa with the transferred character and page. I would explain in the page that you account has been blocked from logging into ATL due to a character transfer that has already completed and you need the lock removed.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've had similar things happen in transfers and Mesanna has had someone fix it quickly. Shoot her an email before the weekend with a good title to grab her attention about character transfer problem. If you page in game they have to bump it up the ladder anyway. Takes a dev member to fix.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I only wonder what makes one go from Atl to Napa :D
I was transferring Mesanna Halloween masks for a friend, he sends them to various shards hoping to get Mesanna to dye them that shards color for him eventually. It works sometimes, and is both easier/cheaper than finding and buying the ones he is missing for his collection.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dunno about the rest of the world, but seems to me like initiating a xfer right before server down (or starting anything else for that matter) is just asking for trouble...just sayin
I completely agree, usually I never transfer near server down but this time I wasn't paying attention to the time when a friend asked me to start the transfer for them. I didn't realize it was 15 minutes before server down until it was too late. The last time this happened it was also close to server down. I guess something about the shard going down in the middle of the transfer gets the "transfer in progress" message stuck for some reason.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would log on napa with the transferred character and page. I would explain in the page that you account has been blocked from logging into ATL due to a character transfer that has already completed and you need the lock removed.
I did exactly this, and it worked! My account can log into Atlantic again.

Thank you all for your help, and thank you to whichever UO staff member fixed my account! :)