• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Tours

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ten years ago, roleplayers from the Baja Shard and Chesapeake held what we described as a Cross Shard Tour. The event, which was held on two nights spaced about a month apart, allowed roleplayers from their respective shards to give others a glimpse at their communities. A mage and tour guide, with a first-hand knowledge of that shards history and current storylines, would take the group from place to place, where we would be introduced to characters, guilds, player-run townships, seer-blessed and historical sites. While the tour was largely envisioned as a OOC event, people did drop into character to give people from other shards a glimpse of what their community had to offer.

What this did for the two communities, which included the BRPA, PaxLair, and what would later become the Ethereal Void Imperium, allowed the two communities to form relationships, share ideas and build community. When one community was planning an event and needed a villain or someone to fill a temporary role, they could reach out to people from the other shards.

The question I have is, is this something that people today would be interested in?

@John Knighthawke @MalagAste @Proserpina @WildStar @Judas D'arc @Aedon Durreah @Zoogi @Dryzzid of Atlantic

Last edited:
Reactions: Mil

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This was an excellent community building event. Well thought out and executed. I would love to see this happen again.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear.

Glorfindel, do you know if there are others who would be interested in participating in such an event? We would also need to recruit a mage with some familiarity of Catskills to be the tour guide. Shoot me a PM if you want to start brainstorming something.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would and I have been to them in the past and really enjoyed it... but given my current work schedule, I highly doubt I'll be able to attend or give a tour.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@WarderDragon

I somehow completely missed this when it was originally posted, but this is definitely something I would be interested in.