• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Shields

Its a little confusing the way these are setup. I read through other posts and information about the shields but I still have some questions for those that can answer.

When I go to select the shard shield I want it says "Are you sure you want to select this reward for this character? You will not be able to be able to transfer this reward to another character on another shard."
Shields can be moved from Shard to Shard correct?
Shields can be moved from one character to another on the same account correct?
They are not bound to any single player but bound to the account correct?
I play between a couple shards, considering getting 2 shard shields for each shard, wondering what others do most commonly? I assume the answer depends on how much I plan on traveling.
Just making sure I am thinking about this correctly. Thanks for the help

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a little confusing the way these are setup. I read through other posts and information about the shields but I still have some questions for those that can answer.

When I go to select the shard shield I want it says "Are you sure you want to select this reward for this character? You will not be able to be able to transfer this reward to another character on another shard."
Shields can be moved from Shard to Shard correct? -- YES

Shields can be moved from one character to another on the same account correct? YES, shield tokens can be held by anyone, but only used by the same account that claimed it.

They are not bound to any single player but bound to the account correct? -- CORRECT

I play between a couple shards, considering getting 2 shard shields for each shard, wondering what others do most commonly? I assume the answer depends on how much I plan on traveling. -- I have one per shard that I travel to. Initially, I transferred a lot. But lately I have done so less and less. So they have accumulated over time. A shield will hold up to 10 tokens. You can claim and store them so the shield keeps getting a new one.

Just making sure I am thinking about this correctly. Thanks for the help

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I play between a couple shards, considering getting 2 shard shields for each shard, wondering what others do most commonly? I assume the answer depends on how much I plan on traveling.
My advice would be to just select 1 shard shield for each shard. I selected 2 for my home shard thinking I'd use those more (which technically I do) when I first was able to get them. X-sharding was cool for the first few months but after that it loses the appeal a bit. I don't X-shard nearly as much and at this point just about all of my shields have 10/10 tokens on them and I have a box with 2-3 tokens each too. I'm now kicking myself for wasting a pick on a duplicate shard shield.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't have yet but someone came to Origin and needed to go back but the shield has to be locked down i couldn't help them as i don't understand how they work

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have yet but someone came to Origin and needed to go back but the shield has to be locked down i couldn't help them as i don't understand how they work
A shield must be locked down in a house. You double click the shield and you are given a token. You use the token to transfer.
I know owners and co-owners can use shields in a house. Not sure about friends locking them down though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone recently ask me in a PM about these.
They live on Atlantic and wanted to go to Origin.

Shard shields can only be used by the toons on the account that buys them from the vet reward menu.

You have to have a shield for your home shard and the ones you want to go to.

They must be locked in your house for them to give 1 token per month. Keep them locked in the house or they will not make new tokens.

Lets say you have an Origin and Atlantic.

You lock them down in your house. You click them and take a token from each.

You make sure there is a character spot on Origin that is open.

Put the Origin token and the Atlantic token in your backpack.

You can go to a banker and click him to open bankbox. You can add gold to the transfer account, so you can take gold to the destination.
If you do not take gold you will only have what is already on Origin.

Pets must be stabled.

Dbl click the origin token, follow the menus. If you do not have any shard bound items on you or in your bank, you can transfer. Also the traveling toon can not have a personal attendant following or in the house.

His backpack items, stable and bank items travel with that character,.

Always remember to put a return trip token in your backpack when you go somewhere.

You do not take shard shields with you. You take tokens.

If you the traveling toon owns battle chicken lizards they must be in the stable. Your character code is repopulated so they will not recognize that toon as the owner upon return. Since GM River left, I doubt any GMs know how to fix this.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF however you are making a permanent move and the new shard is going to be your permanent home you can re-deed the shields, take them with you and place them in a new home on the new shard.

Other things that are screwed up and will no longer recognise your character if you leave them behind:
Personal attendant tokens
Boats that are at sea.

I recently 'fixed' a broken personal attendant token by taking the token with me on a trip and bringing it back home.

mihali

Sage
IF however you are making a permanent move and the new shard is going to be your permanent home you can re-deed the shields, take them with you and place them in a new home on the new shard.

Other things that are screwed up and will no longer recognise your character if you leave them behind:
Personal attendant tokens
Boats that are at sea.

I recently 'fixed' a broken personal attendant token by taking the token with me on a trip and bringing it back home.
How do you remove Shard Shield from wall of your house and re-deed it? (I understand NO use of Axe).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you remove Shard Shield from wall of your house and re-deed it? (I understand NO use of Axe).
The non decorative are locked down. I wish to release this. They only make new tokens when locked down.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must be locked in your house for them to give 1 token per month. Keep them locked in the house or they will not make new tokens.
Mine always made tokens while in in deed form in a chest after being locked down the first time. Just had to place them and lock them down again to remove the tokens.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try to avoid transfers this close to Holiday gifts because of the empty slot you need coming /returning. An Anni/Holiday character must be 30 days old to receive a gift token so I would wait until after DEC 1st, then get the gift on the shard you ae transferring to before you create a slot for the incoming character. Also, if you have more than ones account that also has shields, you can carry extra shield tokens with you to use on your destination shard by other account chars.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have multiple accounts now old enough for the shields... I have a full set of shields to all the shards except of course Siege and Mugen... that's kinda pointless.

Thing is I rarely ever go to other shards. I have tamers on several shards as it was once a goal of mine to have a fully functional tamer on every shard... but then they changed taming and now it's not very affordable to do that. So now I ponder what the point is and just don't really do anything.

Since it seems to me Mesanna and co really don't like to give us much of anything neat anymore. Many things aren't named... there are less and less times that things are named for your character... which is sad. Anyway... given the team is so small now getting all their names takes little to no effort even if they include all the EMs etc... Which given that I just don't do EM events anymore... I have little to no interest in that.

So often I find much of the new art to look... cartoonish? And not really in the same style as the old art... and often it just looks "weird" or GIGANTIC next to the older art... and it doesn't really appeal to me. Every now and again they do an amazing job with something... but much of the time I am just not really impressed.

I also avoid transfers around this time of year if I can... as well that can be a good way to run into issues.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Making Events Drops (and, in a minor way, Events Rewards) Shard Bound de facto single-handedly KILLED 90% of the reasons to have Shard Shields, and that this has been done willingly is the only possible explanation for such a MORO... ehr, SILLY decision.

SR

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Making Events Drops (and, in a minor way, Events Rewards) Shard Bound de facto single-handedly KILLED 90% of the reasons to have Shard Shields, and that this has been done willingly is the only possible explanation for such a MORO... ehr, SILLY decision.

SR
A couple of posters on the official forum complained about other players using their dead shard to do dungeon events. The next dungeon shard bound came out. Now they get to play in an empty dungeon all alone with little spawn.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A couple of posters on the official forum complained about other players using their dead shard to do dungeon events. The next dungeon shard bound came out. Now they get to play in an empty dungeon all alone with little spawn.
"Funny" as "a couple" of posters' whinings had so much power on the Devs decisons whereas tens of Players constantly undelining for months the flaws in that choice had gone totally ignored.

My impression remains that the Devs caught the occasion to curb an activity (SS Transfer) that, if done "en masse", IMO put some not negligible strain on the functioning of the servers (and on their management costs), in the same exact way as they already have done with the "Bamboo Floor" issue.

In other words: the less the servers management cost, the more money can go "elsewhere" (hint: NOT in the game betterment)...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ask @Anon McDougle about how they change things with just a few complaints. Something to do with pet skins a while back.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny" as "a couple" of posters' whinings had so much power on the Devs decisons whereas tens of Players constantly undelining for months the flaws in that choice had gone totally ignored.
Popps counts as 20 posters.