• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Shields..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So one day when your account is exactly 14 yrs old or 168 months to the second...
You will get your Vet Reward Shield(s)?
-Is it a token?
-Then you click it and you get a choice of shards : Baja, Origin, GL, Mugen, Catskills,................................................................... etc.
and Boom.A Shard Shield is born? Together with a token right away? Or you Place it first and then you get your first token?
-Then once a month you get a token up to 10, then you have to remove them to a bag etc.
Is this how it works?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when you have your 14th anniversary (whatever date that is for you) the vet reward gump will pop up on your screen like it does every year.

you go down into house add on's and cycle through them until you find the shard shields (do not mistakenly pick the non transfer type shard shields, these ones are only for deco) and you pick the shard you want, lets say Baja.

a deed will then be placed in your backpack for a Baja Shard Shield.

you double click the deed and place the shield on a wall.
you then MUST LOCK DOWN THE SHIELD.
if you do not lock it down it will not start to gain in tokens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then you double click the shield and a transfer token will appear in your pack.
so yes, one does come preloaded onto the shield when you get it.

every month 30 days from when you lock down the shield a new token will be ready for you to get.
if you want you can leave them and the shield will store up to 10 for you.
once it hits 10 it will not gain any more.
so if you want a lot of shard shield transfer tokens then you should make a point to milk your shields every couple months.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
when you have your 14th anniversary (whatever date that is for you) the vet reward gump will pop up on your screen like it does every year.

you go down into house add on's and cycle through them until you find the shard shields (do not mistakenly pick the non transfer type shard shields, these ones are only for deco) and you pick the shard you want, lets say Baja.

if you do not lock it down it will not start to gain in tokens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every month 30 days from when you lock down the shield a new token will be ready for you to get.
so if you want a lot of shard shield transfer tokens then you should make a point to milk your shields every couple months.
This is great info! Thank you most kindly!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BIG SUGGESTION:

Make sure you scope out the target shards before you waste an award pick on a shield that you'll hardly ever use.

My friend and I have 3... with 1 back to home shard (dont forget that)… and there's just no point in claiming more the way the population is almost "ghost-towned" so many shards.

Just saying.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure if you have to lock it down to initialize it (never tested it myself), but mine accrue tokens in deed form in a box.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PLEASE make sure the first shard shield you pick is your home shard as all shard shield xfer tokens are one way and you will need this token to get back home so remember to take it with you.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*You see Laura going to Atlantic and becoming Roenick's problem*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Half of mine went to shards where the person who created my account (then gave it to me after stripping the characters of the AoS rewards) had created characters back then that had PBDs, now that the deeds work for any character on the account.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of mine went to shards where the person who created my account (then gave it to me after stripping the characters of the AoS rewards) had created characters back then that had PBDs, now that the deeds work for any character on the account.
I have a ton of PBDs. Are you saying that they will work for any character on the account now?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, I went collecting many of mine... wish I'd of made more characters back then... oh well live and learn...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one on almost every character on every shard on four accounts.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Naive question..What are PBD's?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nI still wish they would make these available in the store for non 14yr vets. Lesser ones, a token every 2 months or so $15 each. I would spend a fortune on them

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
nI still wish they would make these available in the store for non 14yr vets. Lesser ones, a token every 2 months or so $15 each. I would spend a fortune on them
In the IDOC thread, you commented that if one has not participated in the activity they have no right to comment/affect the outcome of any changes.

For shard shields, I believe your lack of time to receive one makes you ineligible to comment.

bimmel20

Visitor
Okay, my account just turned 14 years. When I go to choose the Shard Transfer Shield, it warns me that the shield is not only account specific, but CHARACTER specific. Is this true? I was hoping that any character on the account could use the shield tokens. TIA.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Okay, my account just turned 14 years. When I go to choose the Shard Transfer Shield, it warns me that the shield is not only account specific, but CHARACTER specific. Is this true? I was hoping that any character on the account could use the shield tokens. TIA.
My experience is any character on the account can use the token generated by the shield to transfer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quite untrue this seems to be some stupid generic pop-up that doesn't apply to most things.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I split mine among 3 accounts, still working on getting more shards shields, do be sure to get your home shard for return trips, two of our accounts have double home shards as we never know when we need to run to a shard and back
4-19-210011.jpg 4-19-210013.jpg 4-19-210014.jpg 4-19-210015.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a full set between I think 5 accounts... However, since I really don't play anymore don't really care... but at least 9 of my accounts are capable of having them...

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does the Shard transfer Shield work? Do you need a 'spare' char slot to use for the transfer?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can the shard shield deeds be transfered x-shard, or are they stuck on the shard you redeem them on?