• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Shard Champion Crawl #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
On Saturday 22nd September we will be starting another shard champion crawl. We'll mostly likely concentrate on the various T2A locations but will also try to fit in the Primeval Lich¹ & Abyssal Infernal¹, and even one of the more unusual spawns if there is any desire to do so. In addition to these we'll also go to Despise to try and break the official shard rat spawn record, which currently stands at a rather pedestrian ten minutes and twenty-two seconds. To finish off the event we hope to summon the harrower, but there is no definite time as to when this will be.

Start time will be 11am Eastern (8am Pacific, 4pm UK, 5pm Europe). Meeting point before and after each spawn will be Skara bank. Please do not start working a spawn before the main party arrives as we do not want the unskilled folk to miss out on the easier first levels. The current progress and location of the event will be updated in this thread, but you can of course just ask in general chat.

All power scrolls that come into my possession will be offered first to shard newcomers who are training these skills. Unclaimed 110/115 scrolls will be donated to NEW. Veterans are encouraged to let newcomers take most of the gold and to offer them their SoTs. Replicas belong to the person that receives them. Any Primeval Lich deco items that come into my possession will be rolled for by all those who took part.

All members of the community are invited to attend, whether to actually kill spawn or just to help heal/equip newcomers. Any new shard member of any level of ability is encouraged to join in, even if you just wish to loot monsters or farm leather. We can provide basic equipment as needed.

Hope to see you there.

¹SA expansion and completion of an Abyss entry quest required.

Current Location: Despise

Completed.....................Type........................120 Scrolls (claimed by)

Despise...........................Rats..........................115 magery (stolen)

Last edited:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea to continue the series and good timing with that. Some positive community building will be helpful right now.
Hoping to be able to join the fun and to help out others. Last years champion crawls did help me out a lot.

Agra-Lem

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be there sometime in the evening (UK time) I hope. Had alot of fun last time!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Saturday 22nd September we will be starting another shard champion crawl. We'll mostly likely concentrate on the various T2A locations but will also try to fit in the Primeval Lich¹ & Abyssal Infernal¹, and even one of the more unusual spawns if there is any desire to do so. In addition to these we'll also go to Despise to try and break the official shard rat spawn record, which currently stands at a rather pedestrian ten minutes and twenty-two seconds. To finish off the event we hope to summon the harrower, but there is no definite time as to when this will be.

Start time will be 11am Eastern (8am Pacific, 4pm UK, 5pm Europe). Meeting point before and after each spawn will be Skara bank. Please do not start working a spawn before the main party arrives as we do not want the unskilled folk to miss out on the easier first levels. The current progress and location of the event will be updated in this thread, but you can of course just ask in general chat.

All power scrolls that come into my possession will be offered first to shard newcomers who are training these skills. Unclaimed 110/115 scrolls will be donated to NEW. Veterans are encouraged to let newcomers take most of the gold and to offer them their SoTs. Replicas belong to the person that receives them. Any Primeval Lich deco items that come into my possession will be rolled for by all those who took part.

All members of the community are invited to attend, whether to actually kill spawn or just to help heal/equip newcomers. Any new shard member of any level of ability is encouraged to join in, even if you just wish to loot monsters or farm leather. We can provide basic equipment as needed.

Hope to see you there.

¹SA expansion and completion of an Abyss entry quest required.
Hope y'all are still doing it later in the day/evening. Id very much like to join in, (especially abyssal infernal, I've never done that one) but shant be around till evening.

Ginsu's

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tks for coming,
wish we could have done more, maybe next time. :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I heard that the third spawn yielded a 120 Magery that went to Lady Massmoerdare. Congratz.

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
CONGRATS ON THE 120!!! :D was fun fooling around with ya'll got a couple counts :D hope those i killed are still happy :) and i hope the stuff i returned went to good use :D again thanks for the fun GIL MONK NEW2 and the rest of you!!

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't miss anything. A Siege promotional event for the benefit of newcomers and those who don't normally get to participate in spawns, which normally runs 8+ hours, was ruined.
that sucks that people cant get along for one afternoon to do an event like this

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't miss anything. A Siege promotional event for the benefit of newcomers and those who don't normally get to participate in spawns, which normally runs 8+ hours, was ruined.
Sounds like these newer players have earned something much more valuable than a few powerscrolls, the understanding of risk versus reward and how everything has to be worked for under the Siege ruleset and not handed to them.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh I am sorry I missed this!
Short description of what happened:
A few people took their chance to turn this into a pvp event. Others did not like the outcome and the resulting talk in gen chat and left or did not join in first place.
As numbers where already a bit low, it was over after 3 or 4 spawns.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never understood why it ended. For some reason I got dropped from both party and general at the last champ without me noticing. When I got back to skara, there where a bunch of newer people there who also didn't seem to understand if and why it was over.
I had a lot of fun anyway. Sure every time it got raided, but isn't that supposed to happen? All champs went down anyway and scrolls where all over the place.

Hope to do it again some time.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a lot of fun anyway. Sure every time it got raided, but isn't that supposed to happen? All champs went down anyway and scrolls where all over the place.

Hope to do it again some time.
Only people taking part with this attitude truly win anything from an event like this.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ohhhhhh.....yeah if its publicized, your gunna get attacked by PKs, thats the nature of SP. I would suggest announcing there will be something but not saying what until you meet up. Remember the days all the dungeons had ghost cams? Couldn't go anywhere, lol.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like these newer players have earned something much more valuable than a few powerscrolls, the understanding of risk versus reward and how everything has to be worked for under the Siege ruleset and not handed to them.
Exactly and I am guessing that most had fun anyway. I mean if the spawns were still able to be completed and scrolls still given out whats the big deal that it got raided? Now if everyone got drylooted and no one got powerscrolls yeah I could understand. But from what I hearing that is not what happened..

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhhhh.....yeah if its publicized, your gunna get attacked by PKs, thats the nature of SP. I would suggest announcing there will be something but not saying what until you meet up. Remember the days all the dungeons had ghost cams? Couldn't go anywhere, lol.
Exactly

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my .02 on what i seen take place. I was told where the champ spawn was at and i decided to join in the fun. I was still running with a pvp template at the time. I arrived in time to help progress the spawn along to get the champ up at which time everyone was busy with the champ. Heavenless shows up and starts attacking the party so i immediately attack back and chase him off. I returned to the champ and moments later captain serena and spredem start stealth aggro'ing the party. Naturally when they show i return fire :) serena runs off, i give chase, spredem follows. I get them away from the champ and proceed to fight both of them. For reasons only known to them, they hide and stealth away from the fight. I ask in gen chat if pvp was over? The 2 of them knew they were beat and decided to try to play word games rather than fight. I grew bored. Time passed. I asked if they wanted to fight more. Heavenless stepped up to the plate. I go to where they had been seen and Heavenless and I begin to fight it out. With alittle help from blockers, Heavenless was able to get the drop on me. At least he didnt run from a fight and i sure as hell wasnt goin to, like some people :)

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
MORDER YOURE A SCRUB WE SPENT ENOUGH TIME CHASING YOU IN CIRCLES SO PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTH.......the purpose of us out there was one to have fun and to show the new peopl who we didnt even flag what "could" happen....also the people i did kill got there suits back and the scrolls were returned to hoofs little cry baby ass. And just to show what happens when you cant run from the fight with heavenless when the running was finally prevented YOU DIED!! so enjoy the death it was nice seeing ur bones one the ground and a t no time the entire crawl did we grief a single player, everyone i talked to after even those we killed had fun. SO GROW UP GIL THIS AINT YOUR SHARD!!! i pay my 12.99 to play how i want not to bow down to your public announcement, next time dont announce it.....also fo those who are wanting to do it again.....the master cry baby said he'd no longer host becase ther was a grand total of 3 people max at a time raiding and fooling around with over 15 people plus greater dragons....GO GIL GO!!! but for the new players if your ever bored just hollar at anyone with an ARRR tag and next time i set something up for the guild i'll see what i can do about bringing you along with :D

Ginsu's

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MORDER YOURE A SCRUB WE SPENT ENOUGH TIME CHASING YOU IN CIRCLES SO PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTH.......the purpose of us out there was one to have fun and to show the new peopl who we didnt even flag what "could" happen....also the people i did kill got there suits back and the scrolls were returned to hoofs little cry baby ass. And just to show what happens when you cant run from the fight with heavenless when the running was finally prevented YOU DIED!! so enjoy the death it was nice seeing ur bones one the ground and a t no time the entire crawl did we grief a single player, everyone i talked to after even those we killed had fun. SO GROW UP GIL THIS AINT YOUR SHARD!!! i pay my 12.99 to play how i want not to bow down to your public announcement, next time dont announce it.....also fo those who are wanting to do it again.....the master cry baby said he'd no longer host becase ther was a grand total of 3 people max at a time raiding and fooling around with over 15 people plus greater dragons....GO GIL GO!!! but for the new players if your ever bored just hollar at anyone with an ARRR tag and next time i set something up for the guild i'll see what i can do about bringing you along with :D

I do believe everyone that posted here was saying. They had fun..
Now your just making it sound like GIL was the bad guys..
Morder was saying or bragging that he defended the spawn. And was happy Heavenless was willing to fight him. And he said he died. He took it like real siege player should. He did not cry. For siege supposed be the baddest players to play UO. There lots of cry baby’s here .. and no I am not calling you a cry baby. So don’t go there..
But your right you paid your $12.99 gratz to you,, think what you want.

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well if you saw the icqs from the amazing leader youd understand my perspective and tell me was morder not targeting me first???

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow the event was cut short because 3 people raided? really are you serious? That is just sad.. :/ Sheesh this is Siege of course if you announce an event like that its likely going to be raided! At least people got their stuff back and scrolls and allthat.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fight much? I'll ask you again, this time everyone on the boards can see your reply too (just like in gen chat), wanna fight more? Or are you just better at using your mouth? Opps, maybe that didnt sound right?...

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do believe everyone that posted here was saying. They had fun..
here is the post from alcor

now from what bo has read of your posts over the last 24 hours it certainly seems as tho you either dont know how to read and or your dont pay attention to anything. Either way before you go off posting like you know something be sure to read up a little first.

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I saw a lot of people complaining in General Chat.
they complained until they realized they were getting their stuff back :/ then it was fun until someone else got upset about it and ended the fun for everyone

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Keep this discussion civil and above the belt please. Knock off the insults and name calling.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
SO GROW UP GIL THIS AINT YOUR SHARD!!!
The only people who have ever claimed this to be "GIL´s shard" have been non-GIL people.

But yeah, it is GIL´s shard. Now bow down! :D

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you know who one of his characters is now....
Oh I'm sure he has more and he will continue to trash talk and stuff behind his Stratics name, as he lacks cohones :)

An I like what Hoffs is doin to GIL. He makes a great GM.

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Least we know who you are now.
You could´ve just asked, you know. But you didn´t. ;)

And I don´t see Jamie Fix being your Stratics name so what´s wrong with Tjalle?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could´ve just asked, you know. But you didn´t. ;)

And I don´t see Jamie Fix being your Stratics name so what´s wrong with Tjalle?
I have asked who you were in game. You refused to answer me :) So whose your other characters then?

An I never avoided tell people who I was :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have never asked me ingame who Tjalle was, at least not when I´ve been on to hear it.

Brutus is mine too.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you find it, let us know cuz in those two other threads you never asked.
Not worth my time to search for it. I know for a fact I asked you though. My posts might have been removed due to Violation of ToS for Stratics. Hence why in the other 2, I refer to you hiding behind your Stratics name.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nah, you never asked.

Ask Kelmo to look amongst your removed posts. I´m sure he won´t find anything...

But enough of this. I think we bore the other posters here. :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You have certainly bored me.

Status