• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Shard Activity?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys

So, for a long long time RP on Europa was a big part of UO for me. Pretty much 90% of my time in UO over a ten year period (with a few breaks in that time) was just RP. Sadly Europa RP is pretty much dead these days though and since I've just returned to UO I was pondering a shard switch.

Problem is.. I'm from Europe. The UK to be exact. So I'm at least 6 hours behind you guys - Catskills is east coast right?

Is this likely to be a killer to ever getting involved in any meaningful RP interaction? It's going to be midnight here by the time it gets around to your prime time, and since I have to get to work in the mornings I won't be staying up later than that.

Last edited:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive played/play with several from Europe. RP times here vary drastically. It just depends who all logs in that day.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is rp in Catskills, also Atlantic has an orc story arc going right now which we are having fun with. It has brought a little bit of pvp along with the rp, it is generally done at night over here though which is your early morning if I remember right. Hope to get to rp with you in one of the shards :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hey guys

So, for a long long time RP on Europa was a big part of UO for me. Pretty much 90% of my time in UO over a ten year period (with a few breaks in that time) was just RP. Sadly Europa RP is pretty much dead these days though and since I've just returned to UO I was pondering a shard switch.

Problem is.. I'm from Europe. The UK to be exact. So I'm at least 6 hours behind you guys - Catskills is east coast right?

Is this likely to be a killer to ever getting involved in any meaningful RP interaction? It's going to be midnight here by the time it gets around to your prime time, and since I have to get to work in the mornings I won't be staying up later than that.
Depends on time of day and what type of RP you are interested in. Catskills is east coast yes, most people go by EDT on Catskills. I think most of the post-midnight RP is done by the PvPers ;) but you could find some of us here and there having fun in a not-so-public way.