• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shame Level 2 Flame Guardian

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Howdy! I know this is probably really old to most players, but, it's still new to me. I have a question about the flame guardian on the second level of shame. Since it is a requirement to teleport to where the guardian is, what happens if the player dies over there? How does he/she get back to get rezzed?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly shame revamp is not totally perfect, rivers arnt accessible by boats so if you die alone , only way is to Help/stuck and come back enought fast for your corpse . Also you cant dungeon fishing properly in shame, since no boats available to place again , some magic fish school spots are sometimes unreachable. The concept of dungeon fishing is actually nice, just need some little tweaks

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sacrifice virtue, spellweaving gift of life, or hope the beastie wanders off some & use a gem of salvation are your only solo options for death in the flame guardian’s area other than Help Stuck.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You expect too much of our current devs to consider "minor" details like that.
But the level 2 guardian is just a wimp, so you shouldn't die to it.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The “minor detail” of being stuck in places when death smiles upon you has been part of UO since pre-beta & certainly no reflecting of any Devs oversight. It happens. It’s been designed to happen.

Incentive not to die in certain areas?

I do agree, lvl 2 guardian is on par of a rat mage w/ slightly higher HPs.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got out of Shame after an extensive exploration mission. :) Makes me want to contract a set of runebooks where every level of the old dungeons (in a safe place) is marked on all levels! Some areas are hard to get to.. the wall guards are a bit worthless and hard for a mage to kill, nothing for a tamer... yet totally avoidable due to runes. hehe. I really dont remember "some" of the monsters. I know I used this dungeon a lot in my younger days... but I have no clue why or for what... or if it was good farming for something.

As I've recommended to EVERYONE that has this issue with getting stranded inside dungeons or spawn areas that are hard to reach? Keep a small stack of runebooks at your house of the most commonly traveled areas, hard to reach, only so you can access them. This works great for hunting spots as well as mining or whatever. Even a single rune inside a container (easy to see) can save yourself. :cool:

I do this... and/or to insure a stealth/mage can access the same area, waiting to take loot or rez if something goes horribly wrong. Learned too many hard lessons.