• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Shadowlords final battle template

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really looking forward to the final battle with the Shadowlords. The conclusion to whats been happening the last few months, hopefully a great battle with some strong Shadowlords, not like the current Manifestations, which seem weaker then the Ethereals from Moonglow .. and of course the three Shards of the Gem of Immortality.

I'm not going to hold my breathe for one of those, they'll be really sought-after, and being the top damager isn't something I find easy to be. But if you don't try, you never succeed, so I've been thinking of what template to use.

I was going to use my necro mage weaver, but I started to lean more towards my tamer as WoD hasn't been so good against Shadowlords so far.

But I read a post saying this would be the time that archers would come out and play, and several replies to posts about this being a tamers event, saying archers out damage tamers. I've also seen some discussions about spamming a special move, Armor Ignore? and always getting a cloak even without casting Armageddon.

So archers seem to be highly praised for damage output.

What templates will you be using for the final battle? Archer? What kind? If not an archer, what else?

My current archers template is
Anatomy 110
Archery 120
Chivalry 80
Healing 100
Necromancy 100
Resist 110
Tactics 100

I'm not sure if its a high damage template or not, tbh I don't use my archer that often.

I know the ABC is a favoured template, but with the kind of competition I think there will be, getting honor might be a problem .. but you can still get critical hits even without honoring?

Would spamming Armor Ignore be a good way for maxing damage? I read the specials move book and it said,
"Ignores the Target's resists but deals slighty lower damage then the weapon's maximum potential."
So wouldn't it be best to just fire as normal and get the weapon's max damage potential?

Any hints, tips, tricks or help would be appreciated, thanks for reading :)

D

Dimebag

IMO it will be sampires time to shine, wether its with archery or swords/mace/fence.

i have tried my necromage tamer on the current shadow lords and i got low dmg output vs them. there was 5 people at this one and i didnt get top 3:(

tried my chiv archer with the same result.

but everytime, never fail, sampire for the top dmg, even if i dont get an honor onto it.

so i will be hauling a$$ with my sampire to this event if i am online at that time:p

basic sampire template although im running SS instead of anat/tact for the heal and curse wep life leech. hope this helps a bit.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have seem Tamer with well trained pack instinct animals?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dimebag - Yeh, I was also thinking about using my sampire, but the post about it being the time for archers to come out and play put a whole new thought in my head.

I might try stoning bush over to my archer.

NBG - Packs is another good option, I've read some good things about Frenzied Ostards. I'll have to check my stable, see if I have enough space to work a pack.

Hmm, decisions decisions :wall:

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbsup:

C

Connor_Graham

I posted my archer template in the other thread where you asked about it. He's already tried and tested against the SL's, walking out of Moonglow with over 200 cloaks, at least half of which were obtained merely by outdamaging at least 1 of the first 3 to use blackrock on them.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted my archer template in the other thread where you asked about it. He's already tried and tested against the SL's, walking out of Moonglow with over 200 cloaks, at least half of which were obtained merely by outdamaging at least 1 of the first 3 to use blackrock on them.
Yeh I saw thanks :)

I'm guessing 150 dex for max healing speed?

Swing speed works on stam doesn't? I think I remember reading that somewhere anyway .. could do with some stam increase on my gloves sleeves and legs I guess, I'm currently using

Mace & Shield Glasses
Jackal's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Crafted arms - 5/24/9/17/17
Crafted gloves - Stam inc 8, 20/23/5/21/9
Crafted legs - Mana inc 7, LMC 8, 6/24/168/7
Ring - Str 6, Dex 7, HCI 11, DCI 12, DI 22
Bracelet - Dex 6, HCI 11, DI 23
Crimson Cincture
Conjurer's Trinket

Brings me to

Str 131 / 125 HP
Dex 150 / 158 Stam
Int 29 / 66 Mana
66/70/70/64/59

I can swap a few skills around, then need to find a decent bow .. maybe one of the 50 ssi from the invasion, or a Dryad bow.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm guessing 150 dex for max healing speed?
That's correct. At 150 Dex you have 4 second heals.

Swing speed works on stam doesn't?
That's correct. Your stamina determines your swing speed, which is why I use Resist on my archer. He can be cursed by anything in game and not lose a single tick off his swing speed. Apples have timers which kills them for PvM, and Remove Curse stops you from firing until it's done casting, which costs you in DPS. While others are using their workarounds, I haven't missed a lick.

.. could do with some stam increase on my gloves sleeves and legs I guess, I'm currently using

Mace & Shield Glasses
Jackal's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Crafted arms - 5/24/9/17/17
Crafted gloves - Stam inc 8, 20/23/5/21/9
Crafted legs - Mana inc 7, LMC 8, 6/24/168/7
Ring - Str 6, Dex 7, HCI 11, DCI 12, DI 22
Crimson Cincture
Conjurer's Trinket

Brings me to

Str 131 / 125 HP
Dex 150 / 158 Stam
Int 29 / 66 Mana
66/70/70/64/59
I'd suggest you drop the Jackal's and find a crafted gorget with SI, MI, and MR. You also need to do something about your energy resist. 59 is pretty low. You could use more stamina too. You might also take a look at incorporating Stormgrip into your suit. With it's 25 DI and Int 8, it's a really good piece to add to an archer's suit. My archer's stats are:

Str 114/122
Dex 150/173
Int 53/105

I can swap a few skills around, then need to find a decent bow .. maybe one of the 50 ssi from the invasion, or a Dryad bow.
I wouldn't suggest you use either of those bows. Instead find something that has 30+ SSI and mana leech. HLD is also nice to have to complement the M&S glasses.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's correct. At 150 Dex you have 4 second heals.

That's correct. Your stamina determines your swing speed, which is why I use Resist on my archer. He can be cursed by anything in game and not lose a single tick off his swing speed. Apples have timers which kills them for PvM, and Remove Curse stops you from firing until it's done casting, which costs you in DPS. While others are using their workarounds, I haven't missed a lick.

I'd suggest you drop the Jackal's and find a crafted gorget with SI, MI, and MR. You also need to do something about your energy resist. 59 is pretty low. You could use more stamina too. You might also take a look at incorporating Stormgrip into your suit. With it's 25 DI and Int 8, it's a really good piece to add to an archer's suit. My archer's stats are:

Str 114/122
Dex 150/173
Int 53/105

I wouldn't suggest you use either of those bows. Instead find something that has 30+ SSI and mana leech. HLD is also nice to have to complement the M&S glasses.
Eek! More to change then I thought, ow well ..

Thanks for the help Connor :)

I'll go have a look at my armour and see what I can come up with.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I've had a sort through of my skills and armour and come up with the following:

Anatomy 100
Archery 120
Bushido 120
Chivalry 80
Healing 100
Resist 100
Tactics 100

Mace and Shield Reading Glasses
Gorget - Stam inc 7, MI 7, RPD 9, LMC 6, 7/11/5/8/6
Rune Beetle Carapace
Arms - Stam inc 6, LMC 5, 6/17/14/11/8
Stormgrip
Legs - Stam inc 5, LMC 7, 8/20/17/7/6
Snake Skin Boots
Ring of the Vile
Crimson Cincture
Cloak of Power
Conjurer's Trinket

Which gives me

Str 118 / 119 HP
Dex 150 / 168 Stam
Int 36 / 73 Mana
61/65/70/64/62

And I found this
Elven Composite Longbow
HSL 44
HML 28
FC 1
SSI 40
DI 32

According to this page, I should be swinging at max, 1.25, with that bow and 168 stam.

Not bad, I'd prefer it if that was a Composite Bow, but ow well .. I should hopefully do some nice damage with this :)

C

Connor_Graham

That sounds like a solid setup other than the bow. The one you have will certainly work well for ya though until you can find a comp, bow, crossbow, or heavy crossbow.

R

RichDC

Heres a simple template im going to use.

Bush archer in wraith form with 60ish SS 0 necro.

S

Stupid Miner

IMO it will be sampires time to shine, wether its with archery or swords/mace/fence.
Actually, judging by the Luna invasions love of tormented minotaurs, and GL's final invasion fight had a shadowlord with a 1 hit kill area effect attack, it might be better to have an archer. They really seem to like monsters with 1 hit kill area effect attacks. If you have 150 HP you might be ok, but I've been hit for 141 by a minotaur.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find another archer that knows how to cross-heal. If they don't know how, teach them. You will rarely run into trouble with cross-healing. In the four seconds it takes to heal yourself, you will have been healed twice by the other character (2 second heals).

Stayin Alive,

BG