• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ShadowLords-Cerberus?

S

ShadyWolf

With several folk ready to join the realms of the Dark Shadows, it would be good if the Leader, Cerberus, would meet, and let us know who you are, what your ideas are, and what you would want of us.

We sent a PM yesterday asking for some info, with no response, would be good if we could all work together and talk to each other, rather than have a disjointed faction.

Looking forward to some hard, bloody battles with the True Brits....Minaxians, and the powerful COM.

W

Winder UO

His other character is named Embryo. He's from the guild Pact and usually hangs around yew gate.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Looking forward to some hard, bloody battles with the True Brits....

[/ QUOTE ]
Bloody they will be if you join SL!

Alas, most of the blood will be ours

G

Join True Britannians. Im always here and i'm the most Trammel-friendly factioner you could ever meet. My bow is terrible, my PvP suit isn't finished yet and really its all fun and laffs.

I think that it would be nice for more people to join True Brits, because at the moment the only really active people we got are Kaj, Lakik and Mallory, the Mhors (trammies) and myself. There are some more but I don't know how active they are.

Until P52, I don't see people really bothering more than now and then, but if everyone joins for the faction benefits in the next publish then it surely makes sense for all newbies to factions to join one faction. CoM have their own gang as does Minax. SL just has Cerberus, the one man army. That leaves TB with just an army of inferior Trammies! And it doesn't help if all the other factions get the people who could beef us up, should we need the help (which we always do)

I

imported_Risso

I think I'll join TB
Haven't played factions for yeeears so I'm sure SL won't miss me

W

Winder UO

This sort of mentality is quite disturbing.

Factions always was, and always will be a PVP element.
Trying to convice all people to join TB because it makes sence due to Trammel events is just wrong.

Edit: Also theres 4 factions. You say theres 1 people in SL, which btw is wrong, but getting all people to join 1 faction will make it just stupidly boring and imbalanced and it will die out again. You've seen @ the caravans that 10 blues will win over 1 red every time. Its not any different in factions.

Its this sort of mentality thats been ruining PVP since AoS.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This sort of mentality is quite disturbing.

Factions always was, and always will be a PVP element.
Trying to convice all people to join TB because it makes sence due to Trammel events is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
We are just having fun.

I was real serious about PvP, when fel was still the place to be. I haven't had this much fun in fel in a long while now. We do try to kill people, we do guard our castle.

I think all serious PvPers should be glad that more 'PvM' people are going to fel now. Maybe some will join the scene. It's more fun killing some new faces, than the same lot around Yew gate, I bet.

And factions has been dead for years. I think any revival is good. It was one of the most fun parts of UO 7 years ago.

G

Nono, only one guy in SL!

And he kills squirrels.. but hes no match for MemphiS! Hes a really good PvPer!

R

Raj-Europa

I gotta say thanks to trev and the trammel elite for adding entertainment to factions
keep it up fellas.

I

imported_Birdseye

<blockquote><hr>

You've seen @ the caravans that 10 blues will win over 1 red every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you were not there for the 2nd caravan then. In my opinion, it went in our favour last time. Only 2 swords surrended, sort of clarifies that.

G

Trev has managed to talk me into something I had decided never to do, PvP. I think it is a bonus to factions to have what I consider an enjoyable light hearted approch to one of the factions rather than the must be good or elite. We are starting out and alot of us are total noobs to PvP, we are not nessasarily spending millions on the best kit, but we are trying to improve and move forward while haveing fun learning a new side to UO. I hope that others try this out and come join us as we dont have the expertise, experiance or often funds to compete on a 1 to 1 bases with other faction groups, I believe we do need more numbers to give other faction groups a good fight. Its amazing how many wish to be on what I call the evil/bad side, quit often people need encouragment to try and be/do good, this Trev is trying in a fun light hearted way. The guild chat has shareing of information on how to improve as well as fun, also you never feel awquad asking the most basic of question. I know I shell never be great at PvP but I hope I will one day offer a challenge before I see mono and would encourage other to try it as TB is in its infancy and nobodys too much of a noob to learn and have fun.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

Hail Purveyers of Darkness and Keepers of Lies! Commander Cerberus has returned. Listen up, and listen hard!

I wish to assemble an intelligent group of villainous mercenaries hungry for blood! I demand respect and willingness in return for skill and victory! You must all have listening capabilities and an understanding for command. Those who fall behind will be abandoned. But those with the strength to work together will be rewarded generously. In order for the darkness to prevail we must destroy all those who stand in our way, including the scum calling themselves the Britanians.

First and foremost, we require an assasin with an interest in pick-pocketing to stealth into the enemy territory. We then require a group of swordsmen willing to slay anything in their path, whom I shall personally command. We require mages and preists for back up in the field, and the ability to res our fallen. We finally need a couple of foul necros to corrupt the enemys flesh. We could also do with a dragon to protect our crypt.

I am here to propose to you all, join us and together we will destroy our enemies!

TREVELYAN, I SHALL COLLECT YOUR HEAD!

S

SilentFoxXy

I recieved reply from the ShadowLords.

Apparently they do not welcome new members as they are the elite.

Apparently it is THEIR faction, and noone else is allowed to join, or they will DIE on sight

Apparently Shadowlords are so superior to everyone that they wont even talk to new members.

Apparently DIE are so far in advance of any other PVP group that they simply dont want to play properly.

I have NEVER seen anyone so far up their own ......

It appears that TB will have their ranks swelled just to combat such pompous words...

From the dark, a Wolf slinks away to become a True Royal.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

men are the most feared guild on the shard.

and yes, if you cannot prove your worth then join TB so we can slaughter you.

or you could make the harder decision and join SL to prove yourselves.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

we do welcome new members, but not hordes of them.

we want those of you who go against the grain, those of you who willing embrace a challenge, those of you who want to be lead by experience and power.

anyone who thinks they fit the bill, then join SL. I can personally assure you ALL you will be kept constantly upto date with ANY faction action. This means that if i spy trevelyan and his loyal scum, i'll faction message you all, and we shall assemble and go to collect his head.

I can personally assure any SL protection, and provide them with some advice on how to achieve a higher state of pvp awareness.

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

higher state of pvp awareness.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't Karate Kid.

R

Raj-Europa

*watches trev running around aimlessly in the Minax base*
Im watching you.......................

A

Asmodai/Embryo

Okay, so... I'm gonna drop the evil idiot pk routine... everyone is welcome to join shadowlords on europa, and i will try and help you all out the best i can! I personally think its the coolest faction, because you get to act evil and ride a green horse

We need a theif first and foremost, and i'll personally promise to guard you in any sigil stealing you decide indulge in. Then we can get a town and stick a horse breeder in so we can all get some sweet green war horses. Anyone and everyone are welcome, and we'll try and get you on uoam and get some co-operation going. We currently need members so that means theres tons of spaces going for sheriffs and the like, so if you do decide to join i'll give you all a cool title!

A

Asmodai/Embryo

also if anyone needs 300 silver to buy a warhorse, i'll give it you, i've got about 8k in my house so theres plenty to go around!

G

<blockquote><hr>

that means theres tons of spaces going for sheriffs and the like, so if you do decide to join i'll give you all a cool title!

[/ QUOTE ]

Need thieves first

G

It's just factions.

It's good that people are getting involved. But it's no mistake that you guys are in TB. For years this would be the place to go.

I will tell you a bit about Europa faction history. There were times I didn't play but I was around to remember the glory days.

TB has always had a lot of noobies/trammies in it. I honestly believe this is because mostly everyone knows where the base is, so if you wanted a taste of factions it was the easiest one to find! No offence is intended at the words noobies/trammies. It's good to get a taste of PvP.

While it's true that 10tb vs 1 sl will prob result in the death of the sl, a small group of skilled players could (would) probably decimate you. And that's fine too, that's how it goes.

SL has for a long time been the badboys of factions. Whether it's for prominent bug abusing members, griefers or people running around with more than 10 dragons....

Not to say that all are like that. And despite that stuff, they've often had some very skilled teamplayers in it.

COM is (IMO) the family faction. They seem to be a tight group of people. With several guilds lasting a long time, they know eachother well. They have some lousy members but they are part of the com family so they teach them tactics and things that they can do. Has also always had several power players who were able to lead the troops.

Minax is kind of the dark (red) horse. It's easily the most difficult to categorize. It's got a long and proud history in factions, with several names firmly etched onto it's history (Ragnar, Barney, Hatchet Harry, several other people who i forgot (not so firmly etched) ) .

Somehow it's my favourite faction. Despite often being at a disadvantage it has often established itself as a power.

It's also my faction of choice. Not for any rp reason but the fact that it's base is the furthest from a guard zone (com - mag/trinsic port doesn't count).

It's really interesting to see some life being breathed back into factions, even if it's with the breath of Trev! It's only a good thing. But you don't want to swamp factions with a zerg, it will only work against you. If you have 30 active TB players, it will mean you need a higher amount of active rival players.

Factions isn't active enough yet to have so many people in one faction. You run the risk of killing it off before it begins. I recommend someone takes a group who branches away into another faction, then you can fight amongst yourselves and whatnot.

You still have no idea the fun factions can bring. Sometimes there's way too many people to fight, so an alliance is formed. But you can't trust your ally for the moment the enemies are dead they're attacking you. There's tactics involved, you get stupid politics as well (Elric, anyone?) and generally so much grief and crying and.. it's f--king awesome. Wish I had some pics to put up.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

it's lucky ive got my own theif char then isnt it! Just need to wait for this damned publish...

I

imported_mord mhor

Sire the people say after visitiing the dank crypts these Shadow-things call home, they noticed a distinct lack of decorations as compared with the Britanian Palace.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Okay, so... I'm gonna drop the evil idiot pk routine... everyone is welcome to join shadowlords on europa, and i will try and help you all out the best i can! I personally think its the coolest faction, because you get to act evil and ride a green horse

We need a theif first and foremost, and i'll personally promise to guard you in any sigil stealing you decide indulge in. Then we can get a town and stick a horse breeder in so we can all get some sweet green war horses. Anyone and everyone are welcome, and we'll try and get you on uoam and get some co-operation going. We currently need members so that means theres tons of spaces going for sheriffs and the like, so if you do decide to join i'll give you all a cool title!

[/ QUOTE ]
Screenshot of how SL was a 7 years ago:

Just some guys without pants and with pink clothes on. Hardcore!

E

Effie Faylinn

Hmmm, SL now has a thief, a lady thief at that so now i get to wear the pink clothes and you guys please keep your trousers on!

E

Effie Faylinn

I think the idea put forward was that a group of people actually joined a smaller faction, not that they used them for training purposes. We did join two with different accounts before the publish and improving factions was discussed purely to try to raise our level as so few opposing factioners were around. Now things are different. To be in two factions at the same time is, I believe, unethical and I doubt any faction would welcome it.

S

SilentFoxXy

<blockquote><hr>

Very good point raised here. Is this 'done' or frowned upon?? With so few online , it kinda made sense to have a main character, and another account/character in an opposing faction to ensure some form of fun at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

&amp;

<blockquote><hr>

To be in two factions at the same time is, I believe, unethical and I doubt any faction would welcome it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think also when the 3 day quit, and multi characters in factions this whole point will probably be negated.

Fully see your side of things Eff,interested to hear others views as well.

My post was made purely to see what others felt about this as well;)

<blockquote><hr>

Is this 'done' or frowned upon??

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have 2 different accounts, my main account with the TB character, and a 2nd account which we set up as a SL when there was no faction action.

I then resigned from the TB faction, and intended to join en masse with the CoD guild, with the SLord faction (No problems with dual alliegence then)

However, when I came to enlist with SL, it was made quite clear that Newbie/Trammies etc werent welcomed, and would be killed. Obvioulsy in this climate I wasnt going to be welcomed into SL, and correctly decided to stay in TB.

My SL character was still enlisted, and would test the water with Cerberus and DiE etc. With the 7 day quit rule, ...etc etc.....

Then 2 days later, as admitted by Cerberus- <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So, Im left with a TB character, and the lightly used SL character on a different account and totally different mentality..;) -(Who is a great stabbing post/Thief,Runner, brunt for attacks and training)

If , as indeed Eff says, it is Frowned upon, then I will remove the 2nd character from the SL immediatley.

All I want is a bit of fun, fighting, stealing and action...Dont want to cause any upset.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm, SL now has a thief, a lady thief at that so now i get to wear the pink clothes and you guys please keep your trousers on!

[/ QUOTE ]

wicked! i'll message you as soon as i hand this essay in irl... we'll go on the rob

If anyone's interested...

In what terms did eighteenth and early nineteenth-century people think of, and justify public executions? Did changing attitudes to it between 1760 and 1868 reflect ‘squeamishness’ or ‘humanitarianism’?

GOD I HATE UNI SOMETIMES

G

Currently theres like, 3 or 4 of us in TBT that don't hide - but we all die pretty quickly. At any one time theres only been like at a max maybe 3 of us vs anyone, but even then its never 3v1.

After P52 i'd expect more people to play, but i'm just scared that, with the lack of any really good PvPers in TB, people will spread out and join factions with more active guilds (DiE, Men, FEW, Vo!d, -AK-). We have like, one guild, .com - but getting hold of them is hard enough, let alone seeing any around in fel!

I

imported_mord mhor

Aye this true. This 10v1 tramies against SL mentioned above is a little optimistic.
I think if any PK's really want a challange they may wish to join TB and hardest of all give us a little training.

Our little skimish last night netted 2 dead reds and 4 dead trammies. I think some trammies collected multiple deathrobes as well.

Which isn't bad as collecting is our forte.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Currently theres like, 3 or 4 of us in TBT that don't hide

[/ QUOTE ]

*raises hand to hiding*

I am not a natural PvP player and one of the main reasons I am giving it a go is that my main game play is around events and we have been for warned that’s the way they are going.

<blockquote><hr>

Additionally, Factions will play an important role in the Warriors of Destiny plot arc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warriors of Destiny

So I am trying to train a faction character in preperation, and with no PvP experience am little to no help what so ever. Despite this I have still been made welcome by the few active within TB, which is like the infants in a big boys playground. As newcomers the equipment falls far short of the regulars too. When we were told we had a choice to make this could very well be it, decide to be on the side of the Virtues etc or the Chaos side, my choice was easy.

S

SilentFoxXy

As Ive said in the past, I just need a big strong man to teach,train, and hold my hand whilst I die.

Hiding wassat then?? healing wassat to?? ahh that macro thingy that keeps you alive, now I get it;)

Dumps her 5 deathrobes and teaches her macro to put on a bandy not run away and die:)

R

Romie

speaking from when i used to play (look at when i joined up to stratics!), as i can honestly say, minax times were some of the best times of my UO 'career', and this new publish really does interest me!

where is barney etc from minax these days? i heard he was quitting? is this true?

R

Raj-Europa

He was last on july last year
but if rumours are correct he is thinking about making a return but its not 100%.