• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

shadowguard and the roof with casters

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know that at least for the roof tamers are usually preferred over dexxers because pets don't trigger as much side spawn.

What about casters though?
Do casters also not trigger side spawn during the roof encounter? What templates would be most effective given there is a tamer tanking? I'm talking about direct damage spells. I do know that summons trigger the spawn.

What is the preferred template to do the other rooms before the roof?

Thanks for your input!

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damaging spells trigger the spawn as well. necro mages seem to be the most effective because wither is one of the better spells for spawn control. spellweaving is also very useful (wod)

for the other rooms:
bar - can be done with a mount and healing spells/pots only, invis and summons are useful (any mage temp)
orchard - mount and invis are the only things you need (any mage temp)
armory - not too bad with direct damage, easier with summons (any mage temp)
fountain - for solo/small groups: elemental slayer spellbook and a 1-2 damage spells per elemental (any mage temp)
for big groups: needs an aoe spell, so either necro or spellweaving
belfry - mystics seem to do best here, although any summons will be dispelled fairly quickly

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that at least for the roof tamers are usually preferred over dexxers because pets don't trigger as much side spawn.

What about casters though?
Do casters also not trigger side spawn during the roof encounter? What templates would be most effective given there is a tamer tanking? I'm talking about direct damage spells. I do know that summons trigger the spawn.

What is the preferred template to do the other rooms before the roof?

Thanks for your input!
errr ummm.... I would go with Greater Heal on the GD... maybe a few WOD at the end.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If taking a tamer to the roof, I personally like to go with a Cu Sidhe. Cu's work great on all of the bosses except for Virtue Bane. But even with VB... if you have the Damage Consume mastery and enough healing power, you should be fine. Might just have to pull him back once or twice if health gets a little low. Gift of Renewal works great here as well.

I used to frequently take my Mystic Mage Spellweaver to the roof, but admittedly it does cause spawn, especially when spamming constantly. I find summons works well and don't cause nearly as much spawn. If you have SW, Nature's Fury works great against Anon (physical damage from RC's may be consumed and EV's might spawn an unbound EV... so avoid those). Fire Elementals also work well against Anon. For the other three bosses, casting an RC usually is preferred to EV's and cause less spawn.

Also... don't forget super slayer spellbooks if you have them... especially for fighting Juo'nor, an Undead slayer can be God send. For Virtuebane spawn, you will want Repond Slayer. For Ozy spawn, Reptile can help, and so on. By all means... that won't cover all the spawn you will come up against, but it should cover enough bases that you could handle yourself.