• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow eles in the Vanguard event........

• Thread starter Grace of Pacific
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Grace of Pacific

Tamers have been given alot of flack, specially now with the greater draggys, of being able to participate in this event and the rest of us can't do much.

My best bud uses his meat shield draggy and we can take down, albeit dying alot, most of the spawn if we pick them off and that is cool. But the tamer really does not have an *achilles heal* like all the other temps.

Mage: Can't EV or Earthquake or summons. gee, fun.......
Archer: hello, spawn overwhelms!
Swordsman: nope, don't care how high your dci/parry is you are in for one hell of a hard time
Voker: surrounding spawn is too weak to deal with the vanguards and that darn timer!!!!
Tamer: eats all around for lunch, but the shadow eles, yet the shadow
eles DONT damage the pet???

so, I petition for the shadow eles to do damage to the pets thus giving tamers the *achilles heal* like the rest of us. Thank you.

S

Saris

I dont think so, if the dragon cant hurt the ele then the ele should not be able to hurt the pet.

All my pvm temps can get swords and sheilds not that i do much cuase it can be a pain but tamers have nothing over a good dexer there.

However I may add this, when mele fighting with a vanguard it dont hurt to have someones greater dragon share the tanking.

My mage got 3 sword and 2 shields btw my dexer a few as well, I would suggest you learn to play your char better perhaps.

Not trying to offend but its good advice.

C

controlfive

or, you know, you could just lure the vanguards away from the spawn.

G

Grace of Pacific

I dont think so, if the dragon cant hurt the ele then the ele should not be able to hurt the pet.

All my pvm temps can get swords and sheilds not that i do much cuase it can be a pain but tamers have nothing over a good dexer there.

However I may add this, when mele fighting with a vanguard it dont hurt to have someones greater dragon share the tanking.

My mage got 3 sword and 2 shields btw my dexer a few as well, I would suggest you learn to play your char better perhaps.

Not trying to offend but its good advice.
Ok how do you feel about not being able to dispel revenants? I certainly don't have anything against tamers as my bud is one and would not have been able to have much fun without him there.

But you did not understand the essence of my question, tamers have no "achilles heal" in this event. You are ok with that when the rest of the templates all have one?

My tamer buddy tried to take his legendary warrior there, and quickly logged on to his tamer. Wonder why?

G

Grace of Pacific

Saris, help a gal out. How do you kill a Vanguard on a pure mage? thanks!!

G

Grace of Pacific

or, you know, you could just lure the vanguards away from the spawn.
okies, you have not played in the event much have you? The Vanguards not only do not willingly stay when ya drag em away, but they also don't stay even when ya don't drag em away.

A

Ash

Saris, help a gal out. How do you kill a Vanguard on a pure mage? thanks!!
If someone else is there to tank, sit back and cast mind blast on it. Use mana vampire near end to try and keep it from healing. I can't solo with a mage (or any char for that matter) but this tactic has worked well for me if someone else is tanking it, if it is a melee person I try to keep them alive as well since they doing me a favor by keeping it still.

G

Grace of Pacific

Thanks Ash

Been doing the event since the inception, know about the mindblast /tanking of someone/something else trick.

But the poster said he got a vanguard on a mage. So waiting for his answer on how he did that. :popcorn:

G

Grace of Pacific

Interesting.......

Ok, gave up on luring them a while ago, they just disappear on me. But you are saying that you can't be close to them either?

Well then, learn something new everyday. :thumbup1:

Good thing I had my fill before the announcement of the worth of these things
hit the airwaves. Will just sit back and watch and mess around a bit :stir:

C

controlfive

the distance between you and the vanguard doesn't matter. i was saying don't let them get close to their leash radius. if they move x amount of tiles from their spawn point, they teleport back.

F

Fayled Dhreams

so, I petition for the shadow eles to do damage to the pets thus giving tamers the *achilles heal* like the rest of us. Thank you.
Then again ... instead of altering the "damage class" of either/both dragons/ele's ...

since moonglow is closed for the time being ...

reform the Daemon Berserkers, transfer to Vanguard controller command ...

gotta "give a little to get a little" ... DB's can tie most dragons up for a while ... if not rip their hearts out ...
and
Berserker Scythes are 10,000pts ...

just saying ... IF I was a vanguard controller ... would be on MY list ...

S

Saris

I dont have a pure mage and why would you? I have a Necro mage spellwiever with hiding and stealth and he uses all of 820 skill points to his advantage lol

I cast then run and lure them away from the spwan, at the end Wod works awsome they are quick so hididng and steath can save your arse too.

hmm I dont understand old template are obsolete so come up with an updated one, a pure mage indeed.

Using items and new stratagy to defeat your enemy is not cheating.

They put them in game to use.

Archers do well though I dont have one set up all the way.

Also how many tamers out there hate when ppl like me walk up at last min and bust WOD and claim a sheild or sword. Thanks for letting you dragon tank for me lol

My tamer is lame also but got his dread mare anyway

This game is alot easier in 2008 hint hint stop playing in 1997 and redo your guys.

S

Saris

LOL my mage I may add is completely insane and has nothing against dieing over and over as long as the job gets done.

How bout this though training on shadow eles, did they make it like that on purpose? maybey they want you to train your new dread mare on them lol

How bout my dexer does fine whats his magical weak spot? besides lazyness

A

aoe

Shadow eles DO damage om pets, but pets DONT damage shadow eles rolleyes:

I know because i have used the shadow eles to train my pets :lol: and they also do damage to greater dragons. Perhaps you just don't see the tamer healing his pets.

L

Lord Drakelord

Shadow eles DO damage on pets, but pets DONT damage shadow eles! I had to run from them several times looking for prov's, meelees or archers to save us.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
geeze, all this whining over a lowly elemental (j/k)

But, seriously. Shadow eles have always been immune to pets, summons and most spells (Earthquake's about it).

However, there are many ways to kill them, even for non-warriors.

1. A mage weapon will damage them. A mage weapon bow with earth ele slayer will drop it fairly quick, and at a distance (especially if it's fixated on your Greater Dragon while you fill it full of holes)
2. They can be provoked onto something, or vice versa. Even things that can't hurt the eles as a pet, can hurt it if wild and provoked onto it. And, I was able to provoke them onto most of the other spawn types (everything but vanguards) with my bard skills below 90, WITHOUT using an earth elemental slayer instrument. This strategy can be combined with the mage weapon one as well.
3. Just have a friend come along with a combat-capable miner to kill them and smelt the ore....

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope 820 lol
Most likely, he's getting this extra 100 from items. I know at least there are some good items fro Necro, Spirit Speak, Stealth, and Magery. Out of curiosity, what is your template and gear?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
His skill points are jewelry and armor based. It isn't hard to get an extra 100 points if you are willing to give up some of the other things like fc/fcr or lrc or lmc... I have a bard with 820 points, but she has crap for resists. With the lag on surround peacing or using prov and disco, she tends to die more than I would like, but I haven't really worked her in a long time to get use to her since they changed the barding skill timers so it is my fault...

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic