• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sextant Cordinates

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody have a Dummies Guide to Sextant Coordinates? I have read Stratics article on this and still a bit baffled by this.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know if it helps but Lord British's Throne is 0,0...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For CC users with UO Assist, the "-where" command will give you your coordinates without using a compass.

There really aren't that many roads for Krampus to spawn along. There's 2 major N/S roads, and 2 minor ones. Each falls within a narrow range of Longitude. (Yew to Skara, Britain to Trinsic, are the majors. The minors are East Brit to Compassion crossroads, and Buc's Den teleporter to Minoc (and a third even smaller paralleling Vesper coast).)

There's one major E/W road - Yew to Vesper. It's got a larger range in Latitude, but still would be a recognizeable range. The minors are Minoc Mines/Vesper, and the Britain/Skara road.

Figure out the coordinate ranges of those, and you should be able to figure out an approximate location for most spawns, unless someone is going cross-country from Trinsic to Skara, or taking one of the north Brit mountain passes to Yew instead of the West pass.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dbl click the sextant, and read the directional coordinates (N S E W) ignore those long numbers. Then find the spot close to those coords on the map below :p

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Krampus thing is nothing but PANCAKES! Spend 5 hours doing trade orders to spawn it. A few other people come along and kill it before I can find it. I was gone for 2 months maybe its time to take a longer break.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make runes to the crossroads or x° point.

The longest distance is between Brit and Trinsic. So Krampus is there a lot.

I bring out my cloth map for these events.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After my first attempt, finding Krampus became easy. Rely on the maps the folks above delivered. Find the "raw" point on the map. Move there. Find one of the lines that are mentioned (either NS or WE) using a sextant. Run at them till u cross the second one. Most probably, you will find yourself in a nice spawn killing going on already :)

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I run three Trade Missions to get max chance at a drop, then I start another just to get the Krampus message. As soon as I get the message, I can cancel the active trade mission, I already received the coordinates, then I can recall to a spot closest to the Krampus spawn. I use on online coordinate map. Plus I usually wait for the Krampus spawn message in Britain. I am always able to run to the spot as long as it's on the mainland by the time the Krampus actually spawns. There is a five minute delay between the time the announcement goes out and the Krampus actually spawns, plus I believe you have to defeat the spawned minions before the Krampus is attackable. I never had a problem as long as I received a spawn message. Although sometimes, I'm pretty sure I didn't receive a message.