• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Several runs and no Krampus... What does he look like?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made these trade runs around 100x without a single rare... before this.

(Rare being anything other then the common reward rubbish.)

(I also collect the guild town building signs.)

I see many people on Atlantic camping by the trade NPC, all day... and I understand you have to actually do the runs. So... no dice for me! I just want 2x naughty title deeds for my pixie staff. :)

I think I'll give up. Its just too busy on Atlantic and I have no serious powers on the other shard I play... more then shopping powers, defense, and escape.

Someone have a picture of him to post for those of us not camping the spawn?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll attempt to take a screeny next time I encounter him... so far I've managed to be the "lucky" one he spawns on at least 4 times now... and I wasn't doing it the first two days... I don't have much chance to do it on the weekends as I work... so I've only had time for about 1 run each day this weekend...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've made these trade runs around 100x without a single rare... before this.

(Rare being anything other then the common reward rubbish.)

(I also collect the guild town building signs.)

I see many people on Atlantic camping by the trade NPC, all day... and I understand you have to actually do the runs. So... no dice for me! I just want 2x naughty title deeds for my pixie staff. :)

I think I'll give up. Its just too busy on Atlantic and I have no serious powers on the other shard I play... more then shopping powers, defense, and escape.

Someone have a picture of him to post for those of us not camping the spawn?
You can look at our guide here which includes pictures of him, his spawn, and the rewards: Publish 103: Krampus Event | uo-cah.com

If you complete 3 trade orders without using a moongate you get a guaranteed drop from him when you kill him. 20-25 non-moongate trade orders need to be done before he will ambush someone on a random trade order run. What you can do if you can't get 3 trade orders done before he is spawned and killed is to not kill him until you have completed 3. Just ignore him when he is up, let the others kill him, then continue your trade orders until you have completed 3. Then the next time he is up, go kill him for a reward.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can you not see him? The coordinates are on any trader. You had a week to mark runes. I have a book with runes from top to bottom at each 10° along the road from minoc to trinsic. At each crossroad. 2 between minoc and Vesper.

Cancel a trade route and I am at Krampus in seconds. Or usually have a toon that has done 3 on standby while other accounts run routes.

Trained a unbonded Frost Drake to 5 slot the first night in 2.5 hours.

@EvilPixieWorks have to be serious about these events to get the goodies.

@Khyro or anyone. Any pic of him and minions in EC?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
He looks near identical in both clients. The artists do a pretty good job with newer assets and keeping them looking the same in both clients. I'll see if I can find a better screenshot, but here is one from TC:

Edit:

Here is from when I spawned him in the Hedge Maze:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The little minions are awful cute... though very nasty....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The zoom in is cool. He has his tongue out. hehe

Now I see how the minions look like Kyronics avatar. They have more green in EC.

I guess the green Krampus hat is the rare one.

Thanks

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see a Green Minion Hat in the Recipe book. The Pic I saw could have been made using the "Green" labeled cloth from the old Green items.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We got recipes the first night. She said it said the same thing as the others. In the tailor menu it is Krampus minion hat. She just made a bunch to hand out. No special cloth. She has one on Atl that is normal and the menus look the same.

So I guess when she ate it, it makes green ones. She did not notice until I asked her why her hat said Green.

Guess we were lucky we just gobbled ours as soon as we got them. Maybe hers is very rare.

Also if the recipe does not match the book, the recipe turns into something else I heard. So that would be bad if it said green on it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We got recipes the first night. She said it said the same thing as the others. In the tailor menu it is Krampus minion hat. She just made a bunch to hand out. No special cloth. She has one on Atl that is normal and the menus look the same.

So I guess when she ate it, it makes green ones. She did not notice until I asked her why her hat said Green.

Guess we were lucky we just gobbled ours as soon as we got them. Maybe hers is very rare.

Also if the recipe does not match the book, the recipe turns into something else I heard. So that would be bad if it said green on it.
Lol, that old bug is back? Way back when AoS first launched if i remember right, when you crafted a piece of clothing with "Barbed Leather" selected, it would produce "a Green XXX" in the name. I have a crapload of old clothes like that, including a blaze colored "Green Robe", "Green Sash" and "Green Cloak". The Tokuno Dyes could be used on "Green" clothing, which made the "Green" clothing even more valuable.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-12-11_0-7-18.png

Weird I made that out of just plain old regular cloth, no idea why it says 'green'.

I tried making it with some reward cloth and it looked exactly the same and also said 'green'.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could it be the hat from a green Krampus minion? That then would be a green Krampus minion hat. <shrug>

I like the bug description better though.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is indeed the same old bug with using barbed leather, and you can still dye them with Treasure of Tokuno Pigments. Works with the boots too. Rose is quite fetching!
upload_2018-12-10_18-35-34.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swear I tried plant dyes on them the first night. But nada...

Both names can be dyed with anything from a bottle that I tried.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just saw the green boots/hat on a vendor... being freshly loaded. (Atlantic, Luna, north side.)

Yeah! OLD bug. No question.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can dye the boots (green or not) with regular cloth tub as well.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swear I tried plant dyes on them the first night. But nada...

Both names can be dyed with anything from a bottle that I tried.
Originally, ToT Dyes could only be used on Artifacts or Enhanced gear, so most pieces of clothing were excluded. "Green" clothing was an exception though, so the only way you'd see an Invuln Blue or Paragon Gold colored Robe/Cloak/Sash, is if it was a "Green" item. They later released artifact clothing of those types (Robe of the Equinox, Conjurer's Garb, Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation, Corgul's Enchanted Sash, Spell Focusing Sash, etc).