• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seventeen! Cos' I'm sweeter than 16!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Note: title is a quote from the Repoman song, Seventeen, sung by the character Shilo.

We are burning the candles at both ends here at Stratics, all around the world! Why? Well, we are gonna be 17 soon! Yeah! "Almost Legal!"

As the Editor in Chief at Stratics.com and VP of Publishing, I'm stoked to be involved, still, with the oldest, continously-running MMO site on the interwebs. Stratics has seen a lot of ups and down, 52-card pickups and shining, golden moments. We know lots of people got a surprise with the sudden change to our main site - and we are working hard to make it all better again. Despite hurricanes churning up the ocean around my home in Hawaii, I am right here in the code making things work. And if I'm not in it, someone else on the team has their hands in it under my direction.

Its been confusing sometimes - people wondering what our direction is, others questioning our resolve. We are still here and we plan on being here for a very long time. Our priority is people: our staff, our visitors, our fans, our readers, our gamers, and every single person who clicks a link that leads to Stratics. That's a whole lotta people!

We are implementing some modern features to enable faster load times and responsive display for multiple types of devices. We are pulling from our oldest archives, bringing content out from the closet as it were, which had been lost in the many shuffles of the past. Our focus is to actively support game titles we love, while keeping the history alive as well. We are not "another wiki" site - we are a publishing site.

With that said, I'm sure many have already seen the new layout we have chosen. We have had to juggle some things around, and will be situating some geek-magicks to ensure links and such will still work. Content is piling up (such eager writers!) for publishing and the entire project has been turned up to high gear. We have some huge events coming up in the next few months, so we are working fast and furiously to be ready for them.

Feel free to post your thoughts in this thread. I will personally look over everything and respond as my time allows. I beg everyone for your patience with us, and humbly thank every single one of you for your continued support and visitation to Stratics. If you wish to make a more anonymous comment, you can send a PM, or use our official Feedback Form.

On behalf of the entire Stratics team - thank you and game on!

:hula:Lessie Z. Mitch:hula:

AKA