• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Weapons Set of Bokutos

Xoos

Journeyman
WTS this set of crafted bokutos... ready for imbuing/enhancing, no wasted mods (the self repair will fall off the energy one after imbue). All on Atlantic.

1684670848983.png 1684670877446.png 1684670903211.png

Xoos

Journeyman
is the market for these dead already? is it because of the relentless 24/7 afk fan dancer bot farmers running on all shards without consequence? I had the poison one up for months and only one offer for 300m I turned down. I was thinking this lot was worth a plat at least, am I wrong?

mihali

Sage
is the market for these dead already? is it because of the relentless 24/7 afk fan dancer bot farmers running on all shards without consequence? I had the poison one up for months and only one offer for 300m I turned down. I was thinking this lot was worth a plat at least, am I wrong?
These are awesome! What runic kit you used for these?

Xoos

Journeyman
Welllll since you asked I can't resist sharing the video.... you use an ash runic saw, powerful+vicious of slaughter. you need to roll a very precise 2 mods on lightning and a third mod on elemental damage randomly. If it isn't 70HL/70Elemental, it's unravelled or trashed. As you can see below, you might need to get yourself over 1,000 ash runics to make a winner!

lance098

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
No not dead. Lol. But just for future reference don’t make them with your name on them. People don’t like them with a markers mark. So since you have a markers mark then there are selected few people that will buy them.

Xoos

Journeyman
And they go for about 800m without a markers mark.
Well we'll just have to see what the good people of Britannia think if I still have them all after I've made a fire and a chaos one to complete the set... the Renowned LeMarc of Legends is marking his boks. When the set is complete he's charging double and some collector is going to be happy to have all five from the set. In another 10,000 runics you'll all be paying a premium to fight with one of LeMarc's Bokutos, a true status symbol, hahaha...

No in seriousness, I appreciate that the PVP crowd doesn't want the maker mark but doesn't that make any of you feel sad/bad? I remember when the RP element of this game was magic. It's not like my char's name is something stupid. Is there no fun left in it for any of you PVP'rs that you really won't fight with a weapon made and marked by another player? Well as a proud Britannian, I'm going to be marking my crafted goods... and the day I stop doing it will be the day I stop playing.

Last edited:

lance098

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Honestly I could care less if it has a markers mark or not. It does the same damage. I was just simply saying most don’t like it

mihali

Sage
Welllll since you asked I can't resist sharing the video.... you use an ash runic saw, powerful+vicious of slaughter. you need to roll a very precise 2 mods on lightning and a third mod on elemental damage randomly. If it isn't 70HL/70Elemental, it's unravelled or trashed. As you can see below, you might need to get yourself over 1,000 ash runics to make a winner!

Very nice and nice video! I will try to make one, as a challenge, and then I will need a vendor in ATL, however, which I cannot, so I will need to bum a vendor spot from someone in ATL. Wish me luck on both these efforts.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While it's "easy" to make our own the frustrating randomness that is UO crafting makes buying more attractive

mihali

Sage
Thanks for the info offered so nicely and generously. I made my first Ash runic dovetail saw, was not too cheap, the quest was for 20 exceptional Frostwood shields, cost a lill bit in bribes, got it to 800 points and got one saw..woopie!:)
Do you use shields also to get there? I will have to check the cheapest method to get 750 points. Little research. Ty again.

mihali

Sage
Apps..found the answer to my question: exceptional bloodwood 20 or exceptional frostwood 10. ( the 20 was overkill and waste). Will be interesting to see what comes out of this other than wasting my time and gold. Seems fun, since I have not done much crafting for a while now.

Xoos

Journeyman
Thanks for the info offered so nicely and generously. I made my first Ash runic dovetail saw, was not too cheap, the quest was for 20 exceptional Frostwood shields, cost a lill bit in bribes, got it to 800 points and got one saw..woopie!:)
Do you use shields also to get there? I will have to check the cheapest method to get 750 points. Little research. Ty again.
You got it friend! Here are some other trade secrets... I actually don't use my carpenter to get my bods, I use some other characters with 0.1 in carpentry. The bods will be foot stools, barrel lids, and barrel staves. They take very little wood but will all need to be bribed up. Each day get 9 of those bods which is about as many as you can bribe up with all the carpenter npcs in the game. That'll get you 9 hammers to use every day or roughly 75 bokuto chances. Keep plugging away and that's about 2250 chances a month. I've gotten four keepers in about 2-3 months. The fourth is a 70 fireball / 70 chaos which I consider a keeper but probably won't sell for much, if at all.

RingoLS2

Visitor
i bought a 150 ash saws and made one the other day, did manage to sell it for 400 mil pretty easy, great profit for me, but i should say, i didnt make anything else out of the whole 150 besides for a chaos bok, so two useables out of the whole batch

RingoLS2

Visitor
i also made the mistake of the mark and people complained i do find that kinda nuts, used to be the aim to make your crafters sound cool so it sounded cooler

Attachments

Xoos

Journeyman
It is what it is... Glad you found a buyer! Hope you decide to keep marking them haha. Gotta leave your mark on the game. I'm always super pumped to open a strangers paperdoll and see them wearing the gear I made. Worth.

mihali

Sage
I do the bribing with the 0.1 carp char, also able to get 3 bods only. Then cannot bribe anymore, due to npc "under heat" etc message. How long later can npcs be "bribed" again?

Xoos

Journeyman
I think usually that's it for the day. Don't forget there are three carpenters in Makoto Jima. Also if you mark runes for Trammel, don't forget you can also hit the carpenters in Felucca.

Xoos

Journeyman
happy to make a sale if you're interested, only have one other offer of 800m for all three but said I wouldn't take less than 1p.

Last edited:

Xoos

Journeyman
ok just for curiosity I attempted to do some rough approximations of the chance of getting a 70 lightning / 70 poison bokuto by using an ash runic kit, 4 charges, powerful + vicious / of slaughter
  • I count 76 properties in total which could be reforged onto a bokuto
  • Ash Runic is either 2 or 3 mods rolled with a max possible intensity of 75% which means you must get 3 mods in your reforge because you'll need to double up on hit lightning in order to overcap it at 70
  • The first mod must be Hit Lightning (1 in 13 chance from the category)
  • The second mod must also be Hit Lightning but for this roll, because you already applied hit lightning and can't get a second different hit spell (1 in 9 chance from the category)
  • In the event that picking one name during reforge only guarantees 1 mod from the category, that means your odds change from 1 in 9 to 1 in 72 for the second roll :rolleyes:
  • The third mod must be a random elemental damage roll from the whole pool of possible mods, minus the other hit spells because you've already applied hit lightning (1 in 72 chance)
  • If half the time your reforge is only for 2 mods instead of 3 then multiply the odds by 2... I don't have any idea what the chances are of 2 mod vs. 3 mod on an ash runic reforge so just assuming 50/50 every time.

Of course only the devs know how the RNG applies modifications via the runic reforging system but I figure this might be the best case scenario that assumes available mods are weighted equally, a.k.a the best odds to make a 70 lightning / 70 poison bokuto are 1 in 16,848 chance.

Each bokuto reforge costs 4 charges for a total of 67,392 charges potentially required, which equals roughly 1,925 ash runic saws.

At a rate of $1,380,000 per runic saw on Atlantic VS this morning, that equals a cost of $2,657,170,285 or in Ultima terms, 2.6p :eek: ..... plus a whole $h!tload worth of lumber and tools....

If picking one name in reforge only guarantees 1 mod from the chosen category and not two, then the chances of making a 70 lightning / 70 poison bokuto actually might be closer to 1 in 134,784.... I very much doubt this is the case because it doesn't align with the reality of the market, the videos, and personal experience...

Maths!! Fun stuff!!

**** Disclaimer: None of us know how the calculations actually apply with reforging, if there are different weightings/measurements/scenarios/possibilities,etc. so please take this as just a bit of fun with RNG calculations ****

Hit Point IncreaseTotal Properties in Vicious / of Slaughter Category (1st roll)
13​
Strength BonusTotal Properties in Vicious / of Slaughter Category (2nd roll, assuming first roll was Hit Lightning since you can't roll two different hit spells)
9​
Hit Point RegenerationTotal Properties (3rd roll, minus a second different hit spell)
72​
Mana IncreaseRolling 3 mods instead of 2 mods on the reforge
2​
Intelligence Bonus(1 in 13) x (1 in 9) x (1 in 72) x (2)16848
Lower Mana Cost
Mana Regeneration
Stamina Increase
Dexterity Bonus
Stamina Regeneration
Swing Speed Increase
Faster casting
Spell Channeling
Mage Weapon
Self Repair
Elemental Damage Chaos
Elemental Damage Fire
Elemental Damage Cold
Elemental Damage Poison
Elemental Damage Energy
Durability
Lower Requirements
Slayer - Arachnid
Slayer - Demon
Slayer - Dragon
Slayer - Elemental
Slayer - Fey
Slayer - Reptile
Slayer - Repond
Slayer - Undead
Slayer - Water Elemental
Slayer - Troll
Slayer - Terathan
Slayer - Spider
Slayer - Snow Elemental
Slayer - Snake
Slayer - Scorpion
Slayer - Poison Elemental
Slayer - Orc
Slayer - Ophidian
Slayer - Ogre
Slayer - Lizardman
Slayer - Gargoyle
Slayer - Fire Elemental
Slayer - Earth Elemental
Slayer - Dragon
Slayer - Blood Elemental
Slayer - Air Elemental
Hit Life Leech
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Stamina Leech
Hit Mana Drain
Hit Fatigue
Physical Resist
Fire Resist
Cold Resist
Poison Resist
Energy Resist
Luck
Enhance Potions
Hit Dispel
Hit Magic Arrow
Hit Harm
Hit Fireball
Hit Lightning
Hit Physical Area
Hit Fire Area
Hit Cold Area
Hit Poison Area
Hit Energy Area
Hit Chance Increase
Damage Increase
Battle Lust
Hit Lower Attack
Defense Chance Increase
Hit Lower Defense

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don’t think your math is correct
You’re counting each property as individual role chance, EG all the slayers

but actually instead I think the way it works is
You have chance of slayer (and then that slayer is random) same with all the subcategories.

Or else slayer would be the most common role, which it isn’t, it’s quite rare to get slayer.

So you need to group the categories

(basically there’s no chance of you rolling hit fire area and hit cold area etc, or 2 slayers)

Last edited:

Xoos

Journeyman
Ooh I think that makes it even worse odds... Not because of slayers but because then both elemental and hit spell would be grouped like that... Which means it's not a 1/13 for roll one, it's 1/5 and 1/5 again for the right spell for a 1 in 25 chance? Roll 2 would then need 1 in 5 (spell would have to be lightning)? And Roll 3 would be 1/35 with all the groups to hit elemental times 1/5 to hit poison damage for a 1 in 175 chance to get elemental and poison damage?

Multiply those 3 up and it's a 1 in 21,875 chance LOL

If that's how it works and I got the groups correct of course

Xoos

Journeyman
or are you saying all the names are the groups? I was just counting resists, elemental damage, hit spells, hit areas, and slayers as groups in the above revision.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your probability is way off
When you're choosing vicious you have a high chance of over capped mod.

I think instead count a sample of how many items have mods in vicious/of slaughter that are overcapped.
Then you can calc the odds of hit lightning 70, it's really not that rare.

Then a final roll for the other mods (in groups), but there is a tendancy to lean towards the final mod also being in vicious/of slaughter so there's a lot of estimates.

I can't say if the names should be grouped or just the types that you can't have 2 of. Probably the names though.

(You're saying chance for hit lightning 70 is 1/5 and then 1/5 again, but it can't be because you can't roll hit lightning and then hit harm...)

Last edited:

Xoos

Journeyman
1 in 5 to roll hit spell out of the five possiblities (hit area, hit spell, di, hci, battle lust) plus then an additional 1 in 5 that the hit spell is lightning (out of the 5 spells, dispel, arrow, harm, fireball, lightning) - is what I was suggesting based on the grouping idea... equalling a 1 in 25 chance you roll lightning with the first. For the second it's just 1 in 5 to roll hit spell out of the five possibilities because if you roll hit spell with a second roll it can't be a different spell than lightning.

I'm not going to keep a log but that means a 1 in 125 chance to get 70% hit lightning and I really don't think that's far off.... My daily bokuto crafting makes 70 of them and I think I'll usually find 0, 1, or sometimes 2 70% lightnings.... but you've got me wondering so I will pay attention to that probability because if it turns out to be close to 1 in 125 then it validates the grouping thesis at least.

Then for a third roll if it's 1 in 35 to roll elemental damage as a group times a 1 in 5 that the damage is poison that would be a 1 in 175 chance to roll the 70% poison damage

1 in 125 x 1 in 175 = 1 in 21,875

And that's not even with the fact that you might not get 3 rolls... the uoguide says it's 2 or 3 potentially for ash runics...

Can you get 70% hit lightning with 1 roll... or do you need to essentially roll it twice to overcap it? I thought the max intensity of 75% with an ash was based off the normal imbuing max of 50% hit lightning, meaning you'd need to roll it twice at max intensity for an ash to get it to 70%.... I'm really just being antagonistic at this point though with these semi-hypothetical questions I'm sure we'll never know the answer to hahaha

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Basically a bag of reforged boks would tell use more than we speculate with probability

the only 2 pieces of info we need are:
The number of items with overcapped mods in vicious category

number of items that also had a roll in a non vicious category group

As an experienced reforger myself too, my gut is telling me you need less than 400 ash runics

Xoos

Journeyman
my gut too... I definitely got mine in less than 400 runics. But it took that guy in the video closer to 1000 runics to get his first one.... poor guy....

Xoos

Journeyman
*** Update ***
70 Poison / 70 Lightning (SOLD 700m Atl - On Safe)
70 Cold / 70 Lightning - Available
70 Energy / 70 Lightning - Available