• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Server Revert???

• Thread starter Seasseragh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
R

Reflex

*continues rant*
arrrg ffs! all that AFK macroing down the pan :p

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

begged all the day... and lost 1% begging.. *buhuhuhu*

i was soooooo close to GM!

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!!!!!!!!

Havent seen one of these in years (AoS launch maybe) at least back in those days they would actually tell you what happend........as it stands everyone has probably lost a day in their life to UO that has gone into a balck void.

Pffffffffffffffff

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double Arg! This revert cost me 5 or 6 GM skills and a few mil in items :( I deleted some characters from my account and stored the skills on stones. Now the skills and items are gone due to the revert and the characters are still gone aswell....

S

Seasseragh

-Leto, all I can say is: "Ouch!"
That one really hurt.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why a full day revert??

i spent all my day off doing the new quest and the maginca quest 3x chars...=12 rubbles..what a wasted day!!!

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and not a ****ing official post about that!
NOTHING! GRGRGR

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got threads for all my chars yesterday and lost those in the revert. Then I went to Magincia just now to replace them and ran into the crimson dragon. Never could find my body again so lost all the ones I had from the day before too.

Two wasted days :sad2:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost over 18 skill points on the tamer I'm training. A variety of alterations to chars armour has reverted. And the vampire bat I picked up in Brit cemetary has gone too. Not much, I suppose, but an inconvenience. And very very annoying since I spent MY time yesterday training vet, lore taming and peace. It took today to put her back where she was. My time again. So I went to customer support, told them what had happened, and asked why they didn't announce it. This is their response.

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online support.

The Europa shard experienced technical problems that sadly made it necessary
to reload it with an older backup. This caused a roll-back of all server
data . This will effect all of the Europa Shard and can sadly not be changed
in any form by us. Anything done between this backup and the servers
maintenance will be lost and irrecoverable.

Such data errors cannot be anticipated and as such not be announced.

Thank you. I apologize for the problems and any inconvenience caused by
them.

Regards,

EA Rep Glathin
Player Relations
Electronic Arts"

It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that an announcement, along with, maybe, a 'sorry for the inconvenience' after the fact would go a fair way towards making it a bit better. Mind you, we only pay their wages, so I don't suppose we're that important to them. EA need a serious reality check and a major course in customer service.

J

jack flash

I lost over 18 skill points on the tamer I'm training. A variety of alterations to chars armour has reverted. And the vampire bat I picked up in Brit cemetary has gone too. Not much, I suppose, but an inconvenience. And very very annoying since I spent MY time yesterday training vet, lore taming and peace. It took today to put her back where she was. My time again. So I went to customer support, told them what had happened, and asked why they didn't announce it. This is their response.

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online support.

The Europa shard experienced technical problems that sadly made it necessary
to reload it with an older backup. This caused a roll-back of all server
data . This will effect all of the Europa Shard and can sadly not be changed
in any form by us. Anything done between this backup and the servers
maintenance will be lost and irrecoverable.

Such data errors cannot be anticipated and as such not be announced.

Thank you. I apologize for the problems and any inconvenience caused by
them.

Regards,

EA Rep Glathin
Player Relations
Electronic Arts"

It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that an announcement, along with, maybe, a 'sorry for the inconvenience' after the fact would go a fair way towards making it a bit better. Mind you, we only pay their wages, so I don't suppose we're that important to them. EA need a serious reality check and a major course in customer service.

i still read stratics several times a day, even though i quit in feb i still feel the UO pull, until this, and this statement assures me i made the right decision.

APPALLING AS USUAL

and Leto, sorry to hear that, typical when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong

take care

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little follow up, or rather lack thereof: I sent a complaint to customer service on sunday, 2nd of November. Even though I sent another 2 reminders during the week after I have yet to recieve a response....
And honestly, I am not suprised or even really disappointed.

V

Valas

That is pretty damn shocking Leto, EA's customer service is abmissmal and I think they need to get a tight hand on the situation, if it doesnt come through that things like this is losing players then they need to have a good long hard think.

Ofcourse it couldnt really be helped, but what can be helped its getting people who have lost a very valuable and considerable amount in game sorted and put them at the top of the list to deal with.

Come on EA pull your finger out...