• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Server population question.

G

Hello there.

Sorry for asking this, but is there any way I can see how many players are on each server? Forgive me if this is a common question, I have looked around for the answer but was unable to come up with anything.

I am looking to start UO as soon as I find the right server for me, being in England I am looking at Europa but I do not know how many players there are there or whether I should go onto an American server.

Any helpfull replies appreciated!

G

Ok, thank you for your swift reply!

I shall start asking in each of the shard forums!

G

You'll more than likely get a better connection (less laggy) to the 2 European servers over the American servers. Of the 2, Europa has the highest population. Drachenfels is pretty dead in the water population wise.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Europa AND Drachenfels are your closest choices "physically"
Going by "population" may / maynot be the "best" method.

Ping is sometimes King ... in making a choice ... depends on your playstyle.

UO Trace or the "free" version of
PingPlotter ... can help with that side of the decision.

You can ... for no more than time expended ... start a character on Every shard ... to scout around on your own terms.

Good Hunting!

G

Pretty many people playing on the EU server, me being one!