• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Server Outage (EAL)

G

Is anyone experiencing frequent (note I SAID FREQUENT) game crashes/server kickout? I had 4 today.

I

imported_MooMooLand

I try keep entering my lot, but it tells me Unable to open lot, city too busy.

G

I had an Error 23...about the time TC3 was suppose to go offline. Also wasn't EAL down for the Dan's Grove merge?

Any way, it is not a 'server outage', because I got back in and there are bunches of house open and playing.

G

help error 23 over and over again constantly since the city went up .... anyone even freakin know what error 23 is if im gonna get it all the time id like to know what it is

G

Since the city went back open, so far 4 times everyone in the house got an err 23.
Now we're experience Lag wih freezing up to 30sec per wave

S

Sims2

i have had 3 times error 23 and also i cannot go to the job got there once and than booted and when i try to go back says join room failed-the property wasn't found. it is likey nolonger online. anyone else have this problem?

G

You can add me to the list too. I have had errors and been booted a couple of times and I have only been trying to get on for the last 10 minutes.

I

imported_Mavric

EA has been notified, but I'm pretty sure they already knew about it.

The lag made me seasick. LOL

Mavric

G

Error 23 is a disconnect error...it only really means that you have unintentionally disconnected.

It can be caused by programs running on our computers that interfer with game files....it can be caused by bad lines, routers and ISP problems, and it can be caused by server problems...game or internet.

So many things can cause it, but this is so consistant with the lag and affecting so many, that this time it is probably the game.

G

Most likely the game
I bet my fortune on it that it is the game causing it .. lmao

G

well i got booted too

logged back in went home to put the last 2 cards out WOOOOT and the rest fo my cards have poofed, including my red completion card

G

I asked Parizad (when she was online) about it, she said it's due to the Cards being given out and DG merge.

I

imported_Lady_D

Same problem here - except I lost my target card out of my inventory.
Also.. anyone else getting the message that the factory doesn't exist..lol

I

Isimsalotta

SOBS~ What the factory doesn't exist?? Hope I don't see that one! What would I do without my factory career?

I have had lots of strange err 23s and my lots showing 0 ppl on them (when there are sims there) and can't enter due to city too busy! Lots happening in game today to cause these errors, just glad to see things moving along so fast!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yup. Think server crashed because I can't login at all.

G

I have logged in but City's are not there to go to. Just my sims looking bored and ready to work. LOL maybe it will be back when I get home from work in RL

G

We are aware of this issue. There are 3 reasons for it:

1) the merges are putting a strain on the servers.

2) issuing all of those lava lamp cards is also putting a strain on the servers.

3) it is Gracie's fault. She is putting a HUGE strain on the servers.

It will be better very soon.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok ok. Sorry. Take me off the list. I'll go make dinner or something and give you a break for now. But but but DG arrived. I'm so excited!

G

Yea I get home in 6 hours I hope it will be better then. You rock thanks for bringing our cities to us.

G

It is 5:57 PM where I am and I haven't been able to get into EA Land all afternoon. I cleaned out my CC cache before I rebooted and I was afraid that was why I can't get in but now I guess it is a problem with the game.

They merged some city today because they added some numbers after my user name. I read that if you got merged into EA Land and someone was already there with the same name they would add numbers after their name so does that mean they should have the numbers after their name NOT me since I was here first? Does anyone know when BF will be merged?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Actually the way names work...is the "Oldest" sim with the name gets to keep the name. A sim with your name merged to EA-Land and is apparently older than your sim.

N

nobuttkisser

oh well, you got a point..... this IS a fantasy role playing game, guess they can pretend to be just about anything...

Pretty soon all (original) founder account will have a new simmy (if they don't by now) and displying THAT will show who most of the real founders..... although I do have a serious question.... all of those "wanabees" who actually purchase a founder account will probably end up with one as well but then again I don't know.

what was that phrase in the bible about seperating the "wheat from the chaff"?

R

Rennay

<blockquote><hr>

We are aware of this issue. There are 3 reasons for it:

1) the merges are putting a strain on the servers.

2) issuing all of those lava lamp cards is also putting a strain on the servers.

3) it is Gracie's fault. She is putting a HUGE strain on the servers.

It will be better very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahaha..GRACIE stop that! I wanna play my DG sims sooo bad! Lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. That's in Revelations but it's also talking about that at the end of time, at and after the Rapture. That parallel makes me sad since we don't know whether this is our 'last days on EAL' or not.....but I am still sincerely hoping not!

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In EA's case it's separating the wheat from the shaft . EA keeps the wheat and we get the shaft.