• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Server Line

G

Ghosty

Those of us who do quite a bit of fishing know that when you cross a server line in mid-ocean, your pack closes and it seems that you take a little jump. Getting right next to that line is practically impossible, because you really can't see where it is until you've already crossed the thing.

Today, though, and completely by accident, I got directly next to the line.

Now you might not be able to see it in this pic, but as I sailed along, the tiles in the lower right of the screen did not move, and I couldn't fish there - because they were on another server.

I know, it's weird and most likely useless. I'll come back and post if I get an abnormal number of sea serpents / white pearls / mermaids / free meals / fish along this line.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Grace gave this explanation. In salt water this layer is known as the Thermocline. It is a transition level between surface water and deep water. However in "server water" it exists on a single level, and is known as the Servocline.

Hope that helps.

Safe Travels, Sam

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"C'mon SeaDog, that scoundrel Ghosty gave us the slip at the race... but I know he's out here. We'll find im."

SeaDog lets out a menacing growl.

"Tillerman! RAISE ANCHOR. Set course for the Servocline!"

G

Ghosty

Way too much time in game, IMHO. Arrrrr. :p

BTW, the fishing was 'orrible. I ended up crossing the line and fishing the far side, with far better results.

W

Wolfthistle

Hi,

So does that mean that the water really IS bluer on the other side of the line?

*smiles*

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

G

Ghosty

<blockquote><hr>

Hi,

So does that mean that the water really IS bluer on the other side of the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

If not bluer, at least more stagnant. :/