• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Server Birth Water Tile in Pouch

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Picked up a Water Tile in a pouch (255 stones) from a 17 yr old IDOC a few months ago. Anyone interested?

You can use it to fill up pitchers of water. (So a water source)

When you lock the pouch down, open it to reveal the water tile, you can fish into the tile.

You will go through the animation of fishing and hear the sound of the splash. Also, the tile under the pouch will be replaced by a water tile showing the splash.

If you fish into it while holding it in your backpack, the water tile will show (with the splash) under your avatar.

You just can't catch fish from it or use it to gain Fishing Skill. It says the "Fish aren't biting"

Minimum I would take is 250 Mil. I'll probably be bringing it to Atlantic.

Ralph Koster Notes Origin of These Tiles Here http://www.raphkoster.com/2010/11/24/how-uo-rares-were-born/

Last edited:

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it considered deep water? can a white fishing net be tossed into it and therefore spawn a scalis in a home? :D

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
if you can throw nets into it ill prob bid lol
Negative, you can't toss a net into it. I heard Mesanna nerfed all the old school water tiles to prevent you catching fish, gaining skill and using nets with them. That is why they are legal to own now.

TanAge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last one i have see for sale was for 50m and that is what i bid.

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Think i'll just keep it and walk on water whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
How are you taking it out of the pouch for these screenshots? Is it a 255-stone that's *not* stuck in a pouch?

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bannable to create, the exploit is long since fixed. Bannable to use as griefing item (ie: break the box on blackthorns throne).
Not ** bannable to own, same goes with Europa cloth, Sigil Hued Items, all 255 Bagged statues hides, etc. Neon dyed metal/leather items. etc.

Though an exploit was used for all of them, and some were bannable at one time (neon pink sandals, which are now 100% achievable and legal), most are legal now. With few exceptions like Ethereal Clothing, Crooks. & Some other things.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ethereal clothing and items are all legal now. Someone told me so.

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Makes me hope theres a blackmarket museum/auction house out there, secret location, and is moved every day.

First rule of Blackmarket Auction House, You do not talk about Blackmarket Auction House!

Messy boy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello, sorry if this is a silly question but how can you be banned for using something you get in the game?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello, sorry if this is a silly question but how can you be banned for using something you get in the game?
Getting in the game by means of current game quests, hunts, etc = LEGAL

Getting items in the game by means of exploits = ILLEGAL

The Ethy clothing was a doggy-dupe of the original 'Cloak of Shadows' that is an EVENT ITEM. It is an Ethy Cloak and only one is suppose to be in existence. However, I know that 2 of them exist and I have seen both with my own eyes. For some reason the ethy clothing is the only doggy-dupe that is deemed illegal by the Dev team and GM's. While many disagree with this concept, it is still the basis of the laws of Ultima Online and all players must adhere to said rules.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry another dumb question, what is a doggy-dupe? I like your sig btw :thumbup1:
While I, personally, am unsure of how it was done, doggy dupes took the graphic of the original item but without the name. For an example:

Original: 'Cloak of Shadows' (1) [Ethy Cloak]

Duped: 'Cloak' [Ethy]

Here is a link where such items were discussed:

https://stratics.com/community/threads/should-doggy-duped-items-be-allowed.219869/

Thanks for the compliment regarding my signature. Funny story. I have arachnophobia in real life but in the game I LOVE SPIDERS! Call me crazy, but I do!! :D

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quoting @Assia Penryn from that thread:

"The doggy dupes basically duped the appearance of event items and are popular with some for their special hues. These are 100% distinguishable from the real items as they lack the special names given. The reason we can ban those is because we have a clear line separating the real from the duped."

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quoting @Assia Penryn from that thread:

"The doggy dupes basically duped the appearance of event items and are popular with some for their special hues. These are 100% distinguishable from the real items as they lack the special names given. The reason we can ban those is because we have a clear line separating the real from the duped."
glacial spellbook was not distinquishable; the original had same name as the doggydupe - "spellbook"

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hate how "some" guaranteed duped or doggy duped items are ok while others for no reason are not allowed and bannable.

All or none.

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Ethy clothing was a doggy-dupe of the original 'Cloak of Shadows' that is an EVENT ITEM. It is an Ethy Cloak and only one is suppose to be in existence. However, I know that 2 of them exist and I have seen both with my own eyes. For some reason the ethy clothing is the only doggy-dupe that is deemed illegal by the Dev team and GM's. While many disagree with this concept, it is still the basis of the laws of Ultima Online and all players must adhere to said rules.
a lot more than 2 exist =p

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The greatest thing about all these well known duped, exploited items is that they are all vendorable... unless they have been transferred and bugged from it. :)

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Alex, do you mean you have seen 2 of the "Cloak of Shadows"?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait?! these will not get you banned anymore? woo. anyone have an idea of the price if they are inside of a breakable box? i might have a few of those laying around...