• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Serpent Cross Tavern

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little confused here but I think we are coming up on Serpent Cross Tavern's 14th Anniversity. May 1st 1999 was the 1st. The building placement is stated it was placed on Jan 21, 1999, but Yew Town Council was formed in it's yard June 19 1998.
Contacted Perianwyr and see what he remembers but either way,

May 1st, 2012 will go with the 14th Ann. for the Serpent Cross Tavern. Hendall will be there serving drinks around 8 pm eastern if you wish to drop by. The Teleport Hub west of Goodman's has a teleporter to the tavern's porch, bottom floor ne corner of the house.

If anyone has any memories they wish to share this week of the tavern please do.

I first heard of it from a Prima's stragity guide as it was listed the place to see on Atlantic. I ran out looking for it and got totaly lost but ran into my first reaper so I ended up running back to Yew.

I remember there was some huge event dealing with the FOA and I was in Vesper listening to the town criers yell goto Serpent Cross Tavern. I ran to the Vesper bank and asked if anyone had a rune to SCT, out of the 6 people there 4 of them opened a gate to the tavern. I was surprised how popular the place was from any bank you went to. I meet Perianwyr aswell many others who worked at the tavern through the years. Fought beer elementals out in the yard one night aswell many many many murder's through the years. Remember Ibn Shaun and Lord Rainbow King always in their great chess tournments.

Found this webpage of the First Ann.
UO News
Yew Town Council Forming in SCT yard
Transcript of Yew council meeting 19-Jun-98
Still Active today for events

UO Stratics *New* | Historic – Serpent’s Cross Tavern

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bulletin Board outside of the tavern is an orginal one that will not save any messages. There is a newer style inside if anyone wishes to leave a message. Thanks

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only murder count I've ever taken was in a crazy fight at the SCT.

I remember reading through the books at the Fogwood library.

I remember all the crazy drunken shenanigans at the many tavern nights over the years.

I still have my bottle of 1st Anniversary Vintage given to me by Perianwyr himself.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only murder count I've ever taken was in a crazy fight at the SCT.

I remember reading through the books at the Fogwood library.

I remember all the crazy drunken shenanigans at the many tavern nights over the years.

I still have my bottle of 1st Anniversary Vintage given to me by Perianwyr himself.
I adventured here back in the day, and just revisted in the area for the first time in a long time, Gotta love that housing plot, it's so exactly whats necessary for an Ultima House. Glad to see it's still running.

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my favorite places in game.. big reason I sold my 2 side by sides to get the spot next to it to create a stable for Fogwood!!!!

Lamorak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had a lot of interesting personalities dropping in regularly. I remember Xuri Dabur the bard and Bernie the goat boxer in particular. And of course, Peri. It was a regular hang out for those who frequented the abbey.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy Birthday to the Serpent Cross Tavern, 14 years old! Tavern will be open tonight if anyone wish's to stop by for a drink. Made 14th ann bottles that will be given out one per person. Bottles player made. Please do not attack any reds unless they attack first if any shows up. Tavern has been a nuetral ground for everyone for many years.