• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Serpent Arrow

• Thread starter Jade Greyhaze
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
J

Jade Greyhaze

How does poisoning affect serpent arrow exactly? Do you need GM poisoning for it work like infectious strike on a melee weapon with poisoning at 80, upping the level of poison?

Thanks in advance.

S

Stupid Miner

How does poisoning affect serpent arrow exactly? Do you need GM poisoning for it work like infectious strike on a melee weapon with poisoning at 80, upping the level of poison?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure it applies the highest poison your Poisoning skill will allow.

J

Jade Greyhaze

Thanks Miner i appreciate it, the reason i asked was that when i use the special with 86 poisoning, i do not get that "spasms uncontrollably..." message you get when you poison with a Kryss at 80, making me think it is not uping the dosage of poison.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Range also effects the level of poison. I`ll try to find out were I seen it, but it sort works like a Nox Mage

http://uo.warcry.com/news/view/72180-Ultima-Online-Five-on-Friday-May-25-2007
Serpent Arrow works as follows: based on your Poisoning skill, Archery skill, and Dexterity, you have a chance to apply poison within a certain range of strength. In order to gain Poisoning skill, you have to a) succeed with the ability (i.e., actually poison the opponent) b) roll a level of poison that's in the correct range for your poisoning skill and c) succeed with the skill gain chance roll.

All I could find ><

S

Stupid Miner

Range also effects the level of poison. I`ll try to find out were I seen it, but it sort works like a Nox Mage

http://uo.warcry.com/news/view/72180-Ultima-Online-Five-on-Friday-May-25-2007
Serpent Arrow works as follows: based on your Poisoning skill, Archery skill, and Dexterity, you have a chance to apply poison within a certain range of strength. In order to gain Poisoning skill, you have to a) succeed with the ability (i.e., actually poison the opponent) b) roll a level of poison that's in the correct range for your poisoning skill and c) succeed with the skill gain chance roll.

All I could find ><
Hm, I read that as a "skill range" not a Tile Distance

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was after I edited my post. Checked the HoC no dice.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At GM poisoning you shoot a snake at the target and it usually does lvl4 poison. There is a chance at lvl 5 and I confirmed it still works sometimes. On the test center I tested and shot maybe 10 shots at a pvp target and one was lvl3, about 8 were lvl4 and one shot was lvl 5 poison. I believe lvl5 poison has a higher frequency on pvm targets, but I haven't played a poison archer for about three years. It isn't useful at less than GM poisoning and fitting 100 poisoning on a template is a lot of points for the rarity of lvl5.

My archer template was a necro poison archer and I used lich, wraith or vamp forms without tactics. I had meditation and focus. It was fun at the time, but the template is expensive on skills especially with tactics now required on the specials. You burn mana quick. In pvp people always just ran away to heal so I had to dismount then poison and cross fingers for lvl5. It kind of seems like I used lich form and had HPR to balance the HP loss.

I think it would be fun to try that old template again now with imbuing. I could probably make a reasonable mana regen and mana leech suit to improve my old template.

-Lorax

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks in advance.
I had a red poison archer, was rubbish. nothing like a poison melee.
Way to chancey, wasn't sure how range affected it, i wasn't sure that anybody was.

you might be better off getting ninja for darts/shuriken...

J

Jade Greyhaze

Thanks everyone, i was curious about if it would work ala' infectious in pvp...and how it worked overall, I have four poisoners (ya i know, overkill, but been playing basically since day one, scattered throughout different shards from the days when it worked well) 1 at GM, 2 at 80, this one 86, but i think i am done there.

I am a ninja-stealth-archer (tell me that temps' not original, lol), i will try the darts/shurikens..thanks all.