• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seriously, how has it been this many years without a "display dragons as something else" toggle?

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Went to another EM event, had no idea WTF was going on underneath all the dragons, as usual. Adding a UI toggle that would change which sprite is displayed for a dragon is utterly trivial, and yet every event for years has been an incomprehensible mess.

This is really stupid. Come on. I'm just going to figure out how to mod the files myself pretty soon.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Or make dragon turtles more viable so that there is atleast a reasonable alternative that can do close to the same amount of damage.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
95% of all dragon turtles I've hatched are pure garbage. I won't even tame anything under a 3.5 rating..... and I've only ONCE gotten a dragon turtle over 3.5. Any serious tamer isn't going to want anything less... most have dragons that are 4.0 or better why would they settle for a turtle that is less than that????

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
its not just the large dragons, we need more multi char use lol, again there would be half as many people at events if only one char was used. I noticed someone spamming spells over and over while em was trying to run event. During the boss fight, someone was spamming a spell/chat 50 to 100 times, probably to try to lag/crash people,, who knows. "I guess its anyway to win". I still would like to see a 3 tile insta kill when people wont move off em with or without a dragon. the dragons do get in the way but i dont blame tamers for using gd and I never blame em
just my opinions.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both clients, but particularly the CC, could stand to have many more filters available.

Filter how other players/pets/ monsters appear.
Filter chat
Filter overhead text
Filter spell words
Filter system messages
Filter animations (think all the effects thrown out by different critters)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said shortly after Eodon was out for public test, the dragon turtles are an utter failure. Sure, they're sort of cute, but the egg lottery to get them is annoying (sorry, but fighting a boss that ONLY drops ONE egg and nothing else is ZzZZZZzzzZZz...). Then you get the hatching lottery, hoping for one you don't immediately want to beat to death for wasting your time.

The devs heard our desire for less wing-pollution at events and then created an overly complex RNG NIGHTMARE to try to resolve it. FAIL. Nearly everything they've added like this has been an overwrought mess. Remember when we wanted to be able to change wearable graphics within other looks in their slot? We got the Blackthorn Dungeon item grind instead of a simple alteration gump added to smiths/tailors/carps.

Another example of something that should have been simple, but instead ballooned into a facepalm-inducing cluster: Refinements...
You can also cite the creation of cannon ammunition and accoutrements (you could include cannon firing as well) as over done and annoying.

KISS is an acronym the devs need to take to heart so they don't create more overwrought systems that are barely used a few months later.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said shortly after Eodon was out for public test, the dragon turtles are an utter failure. Sure, they're sort of cute, but the egg lottery to get them is annoying (sorry, but fighting a boss that ONLY drops ONE egg and nothing else is ZzZZZZzzzZZz...). Then you get the hatching lottery, hoping for one you don't immediately want to beat to death for wasting your time.

The devs heard our desire for less wing-pollution at events and then created an overly complex RNG NIGHTMARE to try to resolve it. FAIL. Nearly everything they've added like this has been an overwrought mess. Remember when we wanted to be able to change wearable graphics within other looks in their slot? We got the Blackthorn Dungeon item grind instead of a simple alteration gump added to smiths/tailors/carps.

Another example of something that should have been simple, but instead ballooned into a facepalm-inducing cluster: Refinements...
You can also cite the creation of cannon ammunition and accoutrements (you could include cannon firing as well) as over done and annoying.

KISS is an acronym the devs need to take to heart so they don't create more overwrought systems that are barely used a few months later.

OMG!!!!!! Never heard it said better!!!!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've hatched over 30 eggs and still haven't seen a decent one.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A few months? Try a few weeks. I did a bunch of Zipactriotl runs and a couple Queen runs after the new publish, for about a week. I haven't done either one since then. I got the reward I wanted (5-6 times...), but the quality of loot is sorely lacking. If the loot table wasn't at the level of a rotting corpse, I would actually be interested in doing the two of them even now.