• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Serious Question

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are Elves physically smaller than Humans in UO. I know they appear to have a smaller head, but are they shorter? My Elf Tamer on a Mare looks smaller than my Human Tamer on a Mare.

Chocobo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It cares? hm....

There are a lot of mysterious In the game. Like :

Gargoyle has wings but why they cannot ride on horse/pets?
Gargoyle has throwing why human cannot? My wife is surely has better throwing skills than gargoyle when she is angry, 100% accuracy !

bah bah bah......

It just a game.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
RP-wise they are in theory. (Hence the equipment thing.) In the game, though, if they are, I have never been able to see it and you'd be the first person I've heard of who thinks he or she had noticed a difference. (Hence why the equipment thing is dumb.)

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It cares? hm....

There are a lot of mysterious In the game. Like :

Gargoyle has wings but why they cannot ride on horse/pets?
Gargoyle has throwing why human cannot? My wife is surely has better throwing skills than gargoyle when she is angry, 100% accuracy !

bah bah bah......

It just a game.
Technically, any question about UO can be answered in this way.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> Gargoyle has wings but why they cannot ride on horse/pets?
I think that was answered in Ultima 6. The gargoyle companion refuses to sit on food.

> Gargoyle has throwing why human cannot?
That's peculiar to Ultima Online. In Ultima 6, a human companion could pick up a boomerang and use it.

Ultima 7 had several thrown weapons that would usually return to the hand: magic axes, juggernaut hammer, hawk. I think there was a magic boomerang too. The "usually" was problematic. The weapon could get caught in trees and be lost. Or it could hit another companion and do damage.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> Gargoyle has wings but why they cannot ride on horse/pets?
I think that was answered in Ultima 6. The gargoyle companion refuses to sit on food.

> Gargoyle has throwing why human cannot?
That's peculiar to Ultima Online. In Ultima 6, a human companion could pick up a boomerang and use it.

Ultima 7 had several thrown weapons that would usually return to the hand: magic axes, juggernaut hammer, hawk. I think there was a magic boomerang too. The "usually" was problematic. The weapon could get caught in trees and be lost. Or it could hit another companion and do damage.
Fun times :)
I remember i had a triple crossbow on Iolo and he alone killed more of my companions than anything else is game did :)