• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SERIOUS bug in the event content (effects tamers)

• Thread starter imported_Sarphus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Sarphus

If a demon tosses fire on your boat it will make it so you can't move the boat because the fire stops your boat from moving. When the boat deletes, bonded pets on the boat will be deleted.

I lost a rune beetle tonight that was 6 pts short of the resist cap (5 short on energy and 1 short on physical) along with crazy stats. Losing that pet made this magincia invasion not worth even participating in for me.. .that pet was worth a lot more than anything you could get from this event (including that blessed bow)

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suffered from this aswell. Lost a bonded cu when I died on a ship due to a daemon spawning on top of me trying to get an O'hii tree rubble out of the ocean...

Died, jumped off the ship for a res, cu killed the daemon, one minute after I got ressed and was reequipping, the ship vanished, and the cu died without a ghost...

G

Sarphus & LeB, I'm sorry for the loss of your pets. I also thank you both for sharing the info here in order that others may not suffer similar losses.

So..Better safe than sorry, everyone:-

If you value your pets, do NOT put them on boats in/around Magincia where the fire fields destroy boats.

G

I had a slightly lamer experience with my tamer in mag...

Upon entering the city, when it still stood, upon the ramparts were the "archer" NPC guards. Once within range, they attacked my rune beetle as I was walking by. When it died finally (there were a few of them, and invulnerable if I'm not mistaken), it poofed for good. No more rune beetle.

I

imported_Sarphus

Yeah... I was so distraught about losing this bug that I haven't actually felt like playing. I would go farm for a new one, but the animal lore gump is too click intense... my hands can't handle it.

What am I doing instead?

I'm writing a new Animal Lore gump for the KR client. I have a HUGE feature list planned for it, but still have a LONG way to go. I hope to have the layout done by the end of the weekend.

I'll write more about that on its own post

G

Speaking of lore gump I liked the original one done with KR. I wonder what was in the decision to change it to the crappy little thing we have now.

G

There is also a bug that randomly affects pets at least dragons. It can be a hellcat, arcane daemon, regular daemon or an imp but it will take 50% of my dragons hit points in one hit, the second hit takes 25% of its hit points. Those are the only times i have ever lost my dragon at maginica is with this bug.