• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling your pets...

C

Cyzic[a]

hmm i was at yew gate today and i saw two people enganged in conversation about one guy selling his Cu. so when he hopped off i lored it and i saw nothing to amazing, it was pure white, and was gm'd in all of its skills. the guy had offered 30mil then 40 MIL!!!!! my question is to y'all...

is there alot of money to be had in training pets to Gm+ and selling them?

whats sells the best...besides a blaze Cu?

whats the most you have made off a single pet? and what was it? trained/untrained?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trained pets will, as a generalization, always sell for more than an untrained pet. Mostly because people don't want to be bothered with the time sink required to train a pet. Mostly because people look at an untrained Greater Dragon and say ewww what a sucky Greater Dragon, never having a clue the very things they think suck will train up to be super.

For example, I tamed a Greater Dragon that is like this (based on memory)

Post Tame ....

HP(867)
Dex(67) will Train to(125)
Int(607)
Str(645)
------
PhysR(85)
FireR(87)
ColdR(52(?))
PoisonR(60(?))
EnergyR(75(?))
----- (the post trained values were derived by dividing the trained values by 1.25)
Wrestling(102.2) will Train to(127.8)
Tactics(103.4) will Train to(129.5)
ResistSpells(99.8) will Train to(124.8)
-----
Magery(118.7)

I was happy with the 4 Greaters I had and although this would (and eventually did) upgrade one of them, I didn't really feel like doing the Training. While the Event was going on In Millisa's(?) Room, I had the Greater Dragon up for sale for 1M Gold. *Shrug* Everyone thought that was outrageous.

I then just Trained the Dragon up, replaced it and sold the Old one for 5M.

The highest Offer I have Had for this Dragon so far to date is 40M G.

As for Cu's and Hiryu's. It is very iffy.

Cu's, White and Jet Black do the best.

Hiryu's the Blue guys do rthe best.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm i was at yew gate today and i saw two people enganged in conversation about one guy selling his Cu. so when he hopped off i lored it and i saw nothing to amazing, it was pure white, and was gm'd in all of its skills. the guy had offered 30mil then 40 MIL!!!!! my question is to y'all...

is there alot of money to be had in training pets to Gm+ and selling them?

whats sells the best...besides a blaze Cu?

whats the most you have made off a single pet? and what was it? trained/untrained?
You can train and sell a variety of pets successfully, but always make sure the pets you choose to train are worth bothering with. Some folks will pay for a trained mediocre cu because it's white, but if that pet had great resists too, it would really have made the money. What I've done in the past was give away pretty but rubbish pets (unless they were too bad even for that) and then kept the others.

I think the best way to train and sell pets is to train through hunting appropriate monsters for that pet's skills, then you don't just earn gold from selling the pet, you also earn from the training part too. For more time consuming pets, or "less trendy" ones, this can make a big difference. Personally, I sell untrained pets mostly, but just because I have limited stable space and always had owners lined up before I went out taming.

Also, don't be afraid to try less conventional pets for sale, just because they're not "in" doesn't mean they're unsellable. There are plenty of sellers who will tame a cu or greater and park it at the shadow ele spawn. But if someone wanted a trained pair of good kitsune, you could pick up a premium just because nobody else has any for sale. It also saves you getting bored with the same old critters ;)

My personal best trade was a fresh blaze pup several years ago that sold for 100mil. I think I've sold a fresh white with nice resists for around 10 mil, but I can't remember the price exactly.

Wenchy