• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Selling some stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok everyone! I guess I should have just made this a auction to begin with. I will be closing this from all offers in 5 minutes and contacting everyone for final sales.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All offers are now closed. @brianfreud2 and @Kolka You two are tied at 110mill for one of the lights. Laina's offer of 115 for one is solid. I will give you two a little more time on offering to break the tie.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone whos icq isn't obvious please PM me your icq.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you as well =)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you also =)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you also! :heart:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hmm, quick notice on the closing... Guess I'll match Laina on the other light, 115m.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm, quick notice on the closing... Guess I'll match Laina on the other light, 115m.
My apologies Brian. I should have made it a auction rather then open offers. Next time I will when I have this much interest. I will be home in about two hours to deliver your items.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm really not happy with this. 5 minutes notice in the middle of the day is not real notice. I appear to have lost on #9 due to a last second snipe offer, when there wasn't even a 10 minute rule in place. For the light, Kolka and myself both held high position, until Laina's offer an hour before you ended this; minimally you could have allowed all three of us a chance - I don't like feeling like I've screwed Kolka, just because I happened to see your post before he did.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am giving @Kolka a chance as well. You hold high position in items 1 and 2. I honestly don't know what to say. I have given notice that I would be ending offers on Sunday... And posted yesterday that I would be contacting high bids when I got on today. I wasn't able to commit to a set time since my day was full of running around. This was not an auction, so there was no 10 minute rule. I never intended for this to be a auction, and I take responsibility for not turning it in to one when I saw the high amount of interest. That was my error.

Again I am sorry for your frustration. I am willing to wait on final sale of the light to give the both of you a chance as I said previously.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Item 8. Light Of Holiday Spirit Is still open for offers from Only @brianfreud2 and @Kolka until Midnight eastern time tonight. Current bid 115mill from brianfreud2

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
On general principle, I'll take 1 and 2, but give Kolka #8; I'll cover the extra 5m from his 110m offer.

I can understand not knowing when you'd be home today. But it's been clear that this was an auction all along; I even ICQ'd you specifically to that effect several days ago. Minimally, though, set an end time in the evening, from when you posted - give people time to see that an end has been posted. 5 minutes notice at 1 in the afternoon isn't notice. To your point about this "ending Sunday", I even specifically posted to ask when it would end. All I ask is that we be given fair notice; I truly feel that #4 and 9 were 'stolen', given that I did actually have the high offer on each "on Sunday" - especially in the case of #9, where the offer that beat mine came right at the last minute. That's why I'll give Kolka #8; the way this was run just isn't right. :(

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On general principle, I'll take 1 and 2, but give Kolka #8; I'll cover the extra 5m from his 110m offer.

I can understand not knowing when you'd be home today. But it's been clear that this was an auction all along; I even ICQ'd you specifically to that effect several days ago. Minimally, though, set an end time in the evening, from when you posted - give people time to see that an end has been posted. 5 minutes notice at 1 in the afternoon isn't notice. To your point about this "ending Sunday", I even specifically posted to ask when it would end. All I ask is that we be given fair notice; I truly feel that #4 and 9 were 'stolen', given that I did actually have the high offer on each "on Sunday" - especially in the case of #9, where the offer that beat mine came right at the last minute. That's why I'll give Kolka #8; the way this was run just isn't right. :(
Hey Brian,

I am a little confused by your icq comment. I didn't receive a icq from you. My number is 375739774, but I do have it set to not receive messages from non contacts. Did you send it to me or someone else? I honestly did not get an icq from you.

I am not a veteran rares seller. I collect them and rarely I will post that I am selling some. I stayed away from the auction format because I am relatively new to it and the whole process. Flutter asked me why I wasn't making this an auction and I told her the same thing. I tried to keep it as simple as possible, to avoid things like this, and in doing so I have frustrated you and I am sorry. I understand you being upset. But I also think you are being unusually hard on me. I will accept Kolkas offer of 110mill and I do not need or want the extra 5 mill from you.
I will add and contact you later.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the style was fine Giggles. I post items for sale in all different ways. Lately ive posted 2 styles on the trade forum:

One when the first bid ends just on a day (encourages higher bids specifically because there is no exact end time)
One with an exact end time but high reserves.

If i wanted any of these items (i actually did want the farmers recipe and the gummies and would have paid double what they went for if i saw them on a vendor and didnt have to bid against one of my friends)

People sell in all different ways. Yes its frustrating to miss out, like i missed out on a scroll a few days ago i would have paid 300mil for but it was sold when the thread wasnt even a sales thread for way way less.

In the end, some sellers are more precise than others but have just as much right to sell items how they please. Unfortunately yes sometimes it can be hard on the buyer, but its just something we all deal with when deciding which pixels to go after :)

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The problem here is, it didn't go either of those ways. This essentially was an auction format; it was an auction in all but name. The problem was that "Sunday" is a really vague end time. That's why I asked. But then to give 5 minutes notice of the end, without notice, it makes for a very frustrating situation. I signed in this morning, raised any offers I needed to, asked the question about the end time, then went off collecting gifts. Had I known, this thread was all of an alt-tab away. :p It's one thing to miss an item you never see up for sale until its too late; it's another to have the high offer on an item then lose it seemingly at random.

Personally, I don't mind bidding against friends, so long as the ground rules are clear to all. There's times Nails, Pampa, Smoot or whoever may be willing to pay more than I, and so be it. What I won't do, though, is intentionally screw someone out of an item if I can somehow gain an unfair advantage - hence why I'll give Kolka the win on the Light.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The problem here is, it didn't go either of those ways. This essentially was an auction format; it was an auction in all but name. The problem was that "Sunday" is a really vague end time. That's why I asked. But then to give 5 minutes notice of the end, without notice, it makes for a very frustrating situation. I signed in this morning, raised any offers I needed to, asked the question about the end time, then went off collecting gifts. Had I known, this thread was all of an alt-tab away. :p It's one thing to miss an item you never see up for sale until its too late; it's another to have the high offer on an item then lose it seemingly at random.

Personally, I don't mind bidding against friends, so long as the ground rules are clear to all. There's times Nails, Pampa, Smoot or whoever may be willing to pay more than I, and so be it. What I won't do, though, is intentionally screw someone out of an item if I can somehow gain an unfair advantage - hence why I'll give Kolka the win on the Light.
I had someone PM me asking for me to sell him a item at 350mill because he wouldn't be around Sunday. In my opinion it would have been unfair and wrong for me to take that blind bid, and end the offers on that item prior to Sunday.
I received a icq offering 100mill for item 10. I told the person to post in this thread and they refused.
I received a icq offering cash for 2 of these items. I refused.

Those are the types of things I view as unfair to do in this type of sale thread, and thus I didn't do them. I have said several times that I am sorry for your frustrations. Most of these items have sold for way under the fair market value... but I have sold them anyways as I said I would. I could have held these items, like many people do.. but I didn't. I did make a high effort keeping this a fair open offer thread, and I did do what I thought I could do to make it right between you and your friend. I am not sure what you are expecting of me at this point...

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the end, everyone can run their auctions or non-auction however they see fit. For that reason I do not get upset when someone sells something that is not the normal way I do it. If However, I think they might be lacking experience in auctions or I might offer suggestions for their future auction, I take it to PM.....Just sayin'

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Ty Giggles; good talking with you in other channels.

Double Blessed

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This was very unfair to me. I would have bid higher on the pink sword. I am part of the reason it got up to such a high amount

Status
Not open for further replies.