• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Rare Blessed Robe

• Thread starter MuseDeDannan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MuseDeDannan

Several years ago there was a big shard-wide contest on Great Lakes hosted by the event planners of UO. For over a month mules muled, fishers fished, and thieves thieved all in the name of greed. The night eventually came when the shard was summoned to the Castle of Lord Brittish in Brittain and participants were ushered through moongates to await the judging for the three skill competitions. There were three chosen, first place, second place and third place in each of the three competitions...there were robes given to these select nine.

I have two of them. I believe the intention of the event planners was actually to give out more than just the nine because there was a huge hunt of some kind planned but as the planners awaited the gathering of the shard in the royal hall there were those who simply couldn't contain themselves. It started with a jeer and then an insult, a sarcastic comment and a projectile loogie. Then there were those among the crowd who attempted to silence the rebels with verbal reprimand and that's when all hell broke loose, the crowd became a mob and the event planners called for silence, told the entire shard they were immature jerks that didn't deserve an event of such magnitude and then they all promptly gated themselves away without another word. No hunt was to be had, no rewards to be given, Great Lakes had cost its own, oh so rare, in game event.

Now the point! These babies are hard to find! 9 - period, that's it! And who knows how many of them still exist after so many left the game during the Inu (Or was it Ino?) drama? 2 of them have found their way here, to this shard and I'm selling them! I'm taking offers that start at 25 mil each or might consider trading both to someone *cough* Kelek *cough* for a singing crystal ball.

G

Hmm pretty sure they are from season 4 of the event years. About 2-3 years ago. Was pretty sure there was 100 of those robes given out. Still worth around 25-30 mill tho to right buyers.

R

RestlessLA

ill give u 25 mil for one
preferably not the black one

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm pretty sure they are from season 4 of the event years. About 2-3 years ago. Was pretty sure there was 100 of those robes given out. Still worth around 25-30 mill tho to right buyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually there when they were given out. One of those was for stealing and the other fishing. There may have been more than that given out on other shards but they would have a slightly different name. These two robes came to LA with me, I did not buy/trade/idoc them from anyone.

R

RestlessLA

heres the listing on the event items forum about that event...

Great Lakes Crafting Contest 2nd Place (1) (25 Mil)
Great Lakes Crafting Contest 3rd Place (4) (10 Mil)
Great Lakes Crafting Contest Champion Shroud (1) (60 Mil)
Great Lakes Fishing Contest 2nd Place (2) (~15 Mil)
Great Lakes Fishing Contest Champion (Fishing Pole) (2) (~75 Mil)
Great Lakes Stealing Contest 2nd Place (1) (Robe) (~50 Mil)
Great Lakes Stealing Contest 3rd Place (1) (Robe) (~35 Mil)
Great Lakes Stealing Contest Champion (Blue/Green Shroud +10 Stealing +10 Stealth)(1) (250 Mil Sold For)
I participated in Great Lakes Contest Extravanganza Robe (~100) (~5 Mil)

apparently 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers received specially named robes/shrouds/fishing poles stating what place they finished in and everyone else that participated in the events got the participation robe like u have for sale (however i dont know why it says there are more than one of particular placed event items that u would think there would be only one of unless there was a tie for 1st or 2nd or whatever...) the 5 mil approx pricetag there was what people at the time were selling the item for pretty much directly after the event, certainly worth the 25-30 mil range now

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

heres the listing on the event items forum about that event...

Great Lakes Crafting Contest 2nd Place (1) (25 Mil)
Great Lakes Crafting Contest 3rd Place (4) (10 Mil)
Great Lakes Crafting Contest Champion Shroud (1) (60 Mil)
Great Lakes Fishing Contest 2nd Place (2) (~15 Mil)
Great Lakes Fishing Contest Champion (Fishing Pole) (2) (~75 Mil)
Great Lakes Stealing Contest 2nd Place (1) (Robe) (~50 Mil)
Great Lakes Stealing Contest 3rd Place (1) (Robe) (~35 Mil)
Great Lakes Stealing Contest Champion (Blue/Green Shroud +10 Stealing +10 Stealth)(1) (250 Mil Sold For)
I participated in Great Lakes Contest Extravanganza Robe (~100) (~5 Mil)

apparently 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers received specially named robes/shrouds/fishing poles stating what place they finished in and everyone else that participated in the events got the participation robe like u have for sale (however i dont know why it says there are more than one of particular placed event items that u would think there would be only one of unless there was a tie for 1st or 2nd or whatever...) the 5 mil approx pricetag there was what people at the time were selling the item for pretty much directly after the event, certainly worth the 25-30 mil range now

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I do remember there being a tie actually, the contest was to try to catch the heaviest large fish and I think there were two people with the same weight fish. However, I had been under the impression, while I was there, that only the first second and third placers got the robes like I have. Apparently there was a misunderstanding somewhere and now I get to go digging for my second and third place robes - lets hope I still have them.

p.s. Restless check your PM's on here

*****EDIT***** Aha! Memory refreshed! There was a fishing pole for third place, not a shroud so the robe was, as you explained, simply for participation (and it said 2 because the same pole was given to the second AND third place winners not because of a big fish tie as I had been thinking). There was a shroud awarded to one of my chars for crafting, not stealing, (because I sold all the I Stole This items just before the competition which was stupid and I kick myself in the ass while you all watch and laugh because they're worth disgusting amounts of change now) and I guess Zeus must have sold it. So the robes were for participation, I thought they were because we got second and third place in two of the competitions.

I

imported_tek

and ill buy the black one for 25 if its still available