• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Selling New ATLANTIC Event Item!

• Thread starter Markess [CoW]
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Markess [CoW]

I dont know how many dropped but not that many..

Picc Below. Accepting Bids.

Attachments

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Nestor said more than 10 dropped. I got one off of the first Guardian that I killed. There were maybe 30 or 40 Guardians total. So, since there was probably not one book on every guardian there would be maybe 20 drops and no idea how many actually were looted. But from what I have seen the numbers were low. Hope that helps!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Nestor said more than 10 dropped. I got one off of the first Guardian that I killed. There were maybe 30 or 40 Guardians total. So, since there was probably not one book on every guardian there would be maybe 20 drops and no idea how many actually were looted. But from what I have seen the numbers were low. Hope that helps!
less than 20 guardians (only some had that tag)

U

UOFree

Thats a book?

So copy it with inscription and Dye it with a natural Color red dye and you have 2 ?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a book?

So copy it with inscription and Dye it with a natural Color red dye and you have 2 ?
It is not the Red Natural Plant Dye Color. The hue is a little darker. I just tested it to make sure. If I could do a screen shot I would put it up but alas, I don't have the energy to go start a photobucket account for just one pic. I am shocked that you are suggesting duping an item! *GASP*

M

Markess [CoW]

----------------END SALE-------------
I have come to find out I have been scammed, didnt know it could be coyped. DO NOT BUY THESE. You CAN dye them with natural dyes AND copy em.
=[

PS. I traded a pair of Reindeer Booties for it on ATL
from a guy named Drakost, he claimed he had looted 2 of em at the event.

U

UOFree

It is not the Red Natural Plant Dye Color. The hue is a little darker. I just tested it to make sure. If I could do a screen shot I would put it up but alas, I don't have the energy to go start a photobucket account for just one pic. I am shocked that you are suggesting duping an item! *GASP*
Its copying an item, and many people do it. If its a book and people can dye same color the drop number doesnt matter. Hence why I said people could do it.

Most people arent aware of it so its also a warning to buyers. I was not saying his was not real but if its just a copy of original one dyed then he has been scammed and many others might get too.

Q

quig

Sadly I did loot one of these, the dye is very close in color. Kinda lame of the EM to do that, just causes problems. Real ones in middle.

By the way Rowan use imageshack.com to host images, no account needed!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting that quig. It would be so much simpler if the EM's would just give it a title that is too long to copy or a color that is obviously not dyable. It devalues the items that do drop. And I do not necessarily mean devalued by gold cost but I get excited when I get a cool item at an event. Now my cool item is not nearly as cool.

I feel very bad for Markess, it sucks to be scammed, I know, I have been there!

U

UOFree

Thanks for posting that quig. It would be so much simpler if the EM's would just give it a title that is too long to copy or a color that is obviously not dyable. It devalues the items that do drop. And I do not necessarily mean devalued by gold cost but I get excited when I get a cool item at an event. Now my cool item is not nearly as cool.

I feel very bad for Markess, it sucks to be scammed, I know, I have been there!
Or they could add notes/lists like on the pink Scavenger hunt books. They can only be copied with the title the list does not come with on the cover.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That too is good information for people. I see those scavenger hunt books all over the place for 500k with only the title. I hope that no one else gets scammed on this one.

N

Nh'bdy

I encountered a fine lad who got his first drop today and it was this, I sincerly wish I could have purchased it from him, but after looking at it and doing some staining test I gave him a million gold and an alchemist bauble and wished him luck. Books are risky bussiness.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Since we can't really go into much details here, just know that Drakost is a known entity for doing this kinda thing going back 5+ years.

G

Gunga_Din

Some people would try to sell real horse dung if it dropped in front of them. The amount of EM items available increases the risk for scams to occur.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why start a photobucket acct or use any other 3rd party site? Just take a screen shot, open paint, paste photo, save to desktop, attach to post. Simple!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been doing a bit of research and all of the actual Garkin's Research books are a hundred pages, where as the fakes are 40 pages. The fakes are the purple books that can be bought at the provisioners, all of which i've found are just 40 pages. This obviously doesn't help when purchasing off of a vendor or from someone in the bank I guess, but if you are purchasing from a friend of trusted salesperson perhaps they will let you look at it first.

Athelas [Treasure Trove] Museum, Atlantic

M

Markess [CoW]

WOW. Well I just checked and the fake I created has 40 pages like you said, but the 1 that I traded the reindeer booties for actually has 100 pages in it. Are you sure thats a sure way to tell its real? Maybe I was wrong about Drakost after all. I'd hate to mistakenly acuse someone of scamming.

Y

Yen Sid

WOW. Well I just checked and the fake I created has 40 pages like you said, but the 1 that I traded the reindeer booties for actually has 100 pages in it. Are you sure thats a sure way to tell its real? Maybe I was wrong about Drakost after all. I'd hate to mistakenly acuse someone of scamming.
Pretty sure you can make 100 page and 200 page books.